• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Kokonoe

Banned
Is this the actual Mario Kart patch or just the firmware patch? I can't check right now as my 3DS doesn't have enough charge to update.

Grok4Spock

Just got a new 3DS and unfortunately I lost my friend list from my old one (Thanks Nintendo!). I will add anyone who would want to add me. I'm in the US...

FC: 2793-1599-2697

Anteo

Uh? I was playing in Maka Wuhu and just before the first lap everyone stopped and the game ended (I was awarded with the 1st place points)

Weird. I wonder if we all desynced. Has anyone played in Maka Wuhu online yet?

ffdgh

Uh? I was playing in Maka Wuhu and just before the first lap everyone stopped and the game ended (I was awarded with the 1st place points)

Weird. I wonder if we all desynced. Has anyone played in Maka Wuhu online yet?

everyone is picking it online now and only 1 or 2 people attempt the glitch and fails XD.

Anteo

everyone is picking it online now and only 1 or 2 people attempt the glitch and fails XD.

Yeah I had two Metal Mario players trying to do it again and again.
Also I'm playing with people with +2000 points, most of them +3000, I had never played with so people over 2200 =/

I'm getting my ass handed xD

Effect

Maybe I'm playing this new entry wrong and wrongly becoming frustrated when I do have the desire to play this. Is it better to unlock all the customized parts before really racing online?

I get the feeling my issues are originating from that. Especially with trying to tackle 150cc (recovering from the last minute BS when all the other racers just unload their their attacks on me. Never a problem before or even recently in the Wii version.) which is a lot harder then usual when it comes to Mario Kart games. Should one focus on just unlocking items in 50cc and 100cc before going further with 150cc and online (racing and not battle mode)?

ffdgh

hmm yeah you may want to unlock a few more thing with coins.

if you have the wooden wheels tho, use them with just about any kart for 150cc.

Hale-XF11

I was secretly hoping that Nintendo was going to include a new track with the update, but I know that's a bit much to ask. I do wonder though if those 3 exploits they patched are the only ones in the game or if there are others that have yet to be patched. I can't think of any others, but I'm so happy to be enjoying Maka Wuhu the way it was meant to be played.

ffdgh

I was secretly hoping that Nintendo was going to include a new track with the update, but I know that's a bit much to ask. I do wonder though if those 3 exploits they patched are the only ones in the game or if there are others that have yet to be patched. I can't think of any others, but I'm so happy to be enjoying Maka Wuhu the way it was meant to be played.

dk jungle, and koopa cape but their risk is not worth it unless they're done correctly.

Pardon if this has been answered elsewhere, but is there a GAF community at all for Mario Kart 7?

New to this entry in the series, looking to play some multiplayer with the cool kids.

Madao

i got a new 3DS and MK7 recently. i'll be playing online soon to re-earn all the stuff i had in my old cart.

FC: 4811-8006-4149

can my FC be added to the list?
also, anyone who adds me, send me a PM to add them back.

CassSept

I finally bought the game yesterday. It was an impulse buy and I wasn't so sure if I were doing right, but then I started playing it and remembered just oh how fun Mario Kart was.

Lack of Mission Mode is disappointing and some of retro track choices are questionable, but overall the game is good. Most of new tracks are very well designed and Fire Flower is a nice addition (Tanooki Tail not so much).

I currently use Lakitu on Soda Jet with Roller Tires and standard Glider, does that sound more or less ok? I don't have much parts unlocked yet so I stick to that combo and it seems to be working as I already have first 3-starred GP on 150cc, so not bad.

Online works surprisingly well too. For a Nintendo game it's very smooth, I've only played several games but still have to encounter any lag. Got a single disconnect though, but it's hard to tell what was the cause. My only problem thus far is that I have very low ranking so I overpower everyone, eh, but that should be fixed soon enough as I move up the ladder.

vctor182

Hey guys how active is the MK7 community? Just got the game 2 weeks ago and I feel like I'm ready to go online.

BTW, this is my first post in GAF

Hieberrr

Man, 150CC is kicking my behind something fierce. I had to do the first cup 4 times in order to get first place on every race, and even then, I couldn't get 3 stars.

Seriously, what does it take to get 3 stars on this thing?

I also find that I'm getting whopped online by karts that can accelerate quickly and have high speed. Seriously, what combo produces that? Do I not have the parts? :S

Anteo

Man, 150CC is kicking my behind something fierce. I had to do the first cup 4 times in order to get first place on every race, and even then, I couldn't get 3 stars.

Seriously, what does it take to get 3 stars on this thing?

I also find that I'm getting whopped online by karts that can accelerate quickly and have high speed. Seriously, what combo produces that? Do I not have the parts? :S

Maybe those players had 8-10 coins?

Actually I'm not sure what boost coins give, is it increase top speed or acceleration?

Hieberrr

Coins give boost top speed?

O___o I had.. no idea
KuGsj.gif

vctor182

I always try to get 10 coins the first lap so that I can focus on racing the other 2 laps, also if you get a big kart it gives you better top speed and you can get coins without touching them!

Raptomex

I do get 1st place in all races, and also collect 10 coins, but dont get more then 1 or 2 stars... I just dont get it?

coins do nothing, you have to complete the tracks with a good time.
Yes, coins mean nothing. Always remain in first place and try to hold a shell or banana behind you to take care of oncoming attacks. You can't avoid lightning or a blue shell but it helps.

CassSept

Also: avoid trying falling down at all cost. I'm not sure if it's directly connected to it, or if it slows down you that much, but I had nearly perfect runs of Special Cup that ended up with 2 stars because someone knocked me off the track at the first turn and then I accidentally fell down near the end of the track on Rainbow Road.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Actually starting to play again. Glad to see people have broken down all the bonuses for parts; Makes it so easy to put together a set.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, say I StreetPass someone and their Mii in my menu has two parts I don't have. Can I beat their championship more than once to get both of their parts unlocked?

EDIT: Just did a championship again, I guess you do.

EDIT2: If you pass a coin threshold for a new part and get a part at the same time via StreetPass, you don't get the one for clearing the threshold too :( LAME

EDIT3: Nevermind, if you reboot the game, you get the piece :D

Can you get golden parts and the Beast Glider early if you've StreetPassed early? So that I don't have to get up to 20k coins for the last one (Gold Body)?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Online is FRUSTRATING

Good god, I have the worst luck. Getting hit with three red shells from three different people, then a star guy drives into me, and of course I fall from the track because we're on rainbow road... right before the ending where I was 2nd place

Sheeeeit, why do Japanese people always choose Rainbow road? I suck so bad. Need to do some training :/ Is there any special combo of cars that help out noobs a bit?

Top Bottom