• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone uses modernwarfare3.com for Battlefield 3 website

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
www.modernwarfare3.com

hahahahahahaha!!!

trollfaceoi2q.png

edit: it seems that the site isn't owned by EA at least directly. brilliant anyway.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That is indeed funny.

watatatow

I doubt that EA would have the guts to do it. Anyone could register a domain and redirect it to wherever they wanted.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
BrokenEchelon said:
I like that the internet is assuming EA would have the gall to do this.

Assuming what?

They actually did it. Modernwarfare3.com redirects you to a page for Battlefield 3.

Edit: Wait, so somebody else registered the domain to do this?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do we know it's EA? They could have been hacked. If you look at the Google cache page of that site, it seems that way.

Mr_Zombie

That's low, that's really really low (it it's really EA's move ;)).

Why does EA's whole BF3 campaign concentrate on flaming MW3?

ZealousD said:
Assuming what?

They actually did it. Modernwarfare3.com redirects you to a page for Battlefield 3.

Edit: Wait, so somebody else registered the domain to do this?

You're aware that you could go buy Modernwarfare4.com and redirect it to Nintendo.com right?

It's called squatting on domains. People buy domains that might be used in the future and then attempt to sell them later.

CozMick

Banned
Mr_Zombie said:
That's low, that's really really low.
Why does EA's whole BF3 campaign concentrate on flaming MW3?

This, It's actually quite embarrassing.

And as much as wanting more Battlefield 3 sales this fall I can't wait until Modern Warfare 3 sells approximately 5-6 times more copies.

watatatow

subversus said:
may be not directly, hehehehe
It could be anyone. There are lots of people who'd love to troll Activision and the Call of Duty series. If it were up to me, it would have redirected to 1guy1jar.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It boggles my mind that a company like Activision, which registered spacewarfare, advancedwarfare, futurewarfare didn't register modernwarfare3.com

Mr_Zombie

Meisadragon said:
It boggles my mind that a company like Activision, which registered spacewarfare, advancedwarfare, futurewarfare didn't register modernwarfare3.com

Based on the info from GoDaddy, the domain was created on 26.03.2009.

wwm0nkey

Meisadragon said:
this lol

Seriously though this is pretty funny XD

Number45

Mr_Zombie said:
Based on the info from GoDaddy, the domain was created on 26.03.2009.
I'm pretty sure they're going to be making these for a while yet, pretty short-sighted of them to be honest.

Also, funny.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Meisadragon said:
How do we know it's EA? They could have been hacked. If you look at the Google cache page of that site, it seems that way.

www.modernwarfare3.com said:
Modern Warfare is crap. On November 8, 2011, the most over-hyped first-person action series of all-time returns with the copy and paste sequel to the lackluster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Check out the E3 2011 gameplay demo featuring the Black Tuesday level for a look at the epic fail of the campaign. Pre-Order Call of Duty MW3 Today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC to secure exclusive bonuses only available online for Modern Warfare 3 fanboys who don't know that Battlefield 3 is the better game.

www.modernwarfare3.com said:
Modern Warfare 3 .com is a 100% unofficial fan site dedicated to the Modern Warfare series. IF you haven't figured it out yet, this site is a parody of Modern Warfare 3. Call of Duty official site.

Modernwarfare3 has been anti MW since who knows when, i guess their final insult is to redirect to Battlefield 3...which is absolutely genius.

Izayoi

Banned
It's registered through a proxy, so it's anyone's guess as to who actually bought the domain.

Still amusing, though.

coopolon

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Shots fired! Love how this rivalry between BF3 and MW3 has been steadily building over the past few months.

It's not a rivalry. To be a rivalry, Battlefield would have to be a threat to Modern Warfare and it's not. Activision doesn't care, they're going to sell millions upon millions of Modern Warfare 3.

Hanmik

just go to

www.modernwarfare4.com

Welcome to the ModernWarfare4.com Website. It would appear that Infinity Ward forgot to purchase this domain. No worries - We have good care of it.

There has been huge amounts of controversy about our actions. We won't go into details here, (but to read part the story, click here, then google for any more..) - what we will say, is that the domain was purchased by the UK based gaming community ZiiP. We have been wondering what to do with it for a while now.. threatening to hurt this clown that you see unless IW played ball...

Sadly, it would seem IW don't like clowns. They appear not to like PC Gamers either, as we were (like scores of others) extremely disappointed by there lack of dedicated server in the release of Modern Warfare 2.

We are not bad people. Therefore, we have decided to compromise on our previous demands of fast cars and cheap hookers in exchange for the domain. Instead, we would like IW to implement dedicated servers into MW2 for the good of the PC gaming community. We don't want IW.net. It wasn't asked for.

Failing that, we've decided to have a little vote - to see what you think we should do. Not that we'll listen.. but what the hell :)

Thank you - remember to give us a visit at www.ziip.co.uk !!

lwLzh.gif

that seems to be the persons behind these sites..

Qwomo

coopolon said:
It's not a rivalry. To be a rivalry, Battlefield would have to be a threat to Modern Warfare and it's not. Activision doesn't care, they're going to sell millions upon millions of Modern Warfare 3.
You don't know what a rivalry is.

MrPliskin

Banned
I wonder how much Activision actually cares about this? Furthermore, I'm sure this is less about trolling, and more about enticing Activision to buy the domain at a high price.

MrPliskin said:
I wonder how much Activision actually cares about this? Furthermore, I'm sure this is less about trolling, and more about enticing Activision to buy the domain at a high price.
Domain squatting is illegal isn't it?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
MrPliskin said:

I see it as "2 birds 1 stone"

Top Bottom