• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia Fortnight 2014

taku

So far, I've voted for The White Witch's Gnome War (Levi Ryken) and Timagotchi (Brandon Dillon).

I'm not sure what my third choice will be though, probably either Headlander, Dear Leader or Dum Sim.

Stampy

Double Fine is such an awesome company, and I am really apreciative that they are doing all these open to public stuff.

Thores

My votes:

Project Xing (Smash Bros meets Last Airbender? Elevator pitch of the fucking century)
Jet Girl and Ghost Dog (Seems fun and whimsical and I like action RPGs)
ExtraTerrarrium (Mega Man as a spooky sci-fi puzzle game is way intriguing)

Astro Helmet, Headlander, Mega Rad Karate Troopers, and Dum Sim were all runners up. I am so, so mad that we can only pick three games. I'd be okay with an entire half of this list getting okayed for development.

None of Pendelton Ward's pitches are particularly games I want to play, but I laughed so hard at them that I paid above the average and voted for my favorite, Cupid You Fat Little Scamp. I also voted because I don't really want the zombie one to win. Come on Pen we got enough zombie games already.

Did you know that if you don't vote for Mega Rad Karate Troopers, you're demonstrably a bad person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVZGXNK-kQ

Mega%20Rad%20Karate%20Troopers.jpg

Also, weren't a few of the prototypes from past years going to be developed as full-fledged games? I seem to remember watching a Hack and Slash full game trailer not long ago.

GAF's votes so far, because stats! (I didn't count those who seemed still too undecided, or those who named only one game.)

Double Fine games:

Dear Leader: 13
Mega Rad Karate Troopers: 11
Breach: 9
Ether: 9
Steed: 8
What Could Go Wrong: 8
ExtraTerrarium: 7
Mnemonic: 7
Project Xing: 6
Eras of Adventure: 5
Gone Astray: 5
Headlander: 5
Buried Metropolis: 4
Dum Sim: 4
Jet Girl & Ghost Dog: 4
The White Witch's Gnome War: 4
Astro Helmet: 3
Derelict: 3
Humans: A Study Guide: 3
Parabolic: 3
Reentry: 3
Timagotchi: 3
Cat in a Box: 2
Great Spirits: 2
Bad Golf 2: 1
Fathomless: 1
Oscillate: 1

Pendleton Ward games:

Little Pink Best Buds: 8
Cupid, You Fat Little Scamp: 6
No More McDonald's: 3

EDIT:

On second thought, I think I'm going to take away a vote from one of the cat games and put it towards Steed. It's a really neat idea and I like the art style that was used for the video.

Which cat game are you removing?

EDIT 2: Updated up to post #146

Also, weren't a few of the prototypes from past years going to be developed as full-fledged games? I seem to remember watching a Hack and Slash full game trailer not long ago.

Yes, Hack 'n' Slash and Spacebase DF-9 are being developed into full games, and Autonomous was... um, adapted for the Motion Leap controller, or something? Not sure if that's still just the prototype or if they developed it further.

so1337

Man, the production value of Lee Petty's pitch video is unreal. He's clearly cheating.

That said, I'm going with these:

-Mnemonic
-Parabolic
-What Could Go Wrong

-Little Pink Best Buds

i think i'm going for:

- ether
- the white witche's gnome war
- mega rad karate troopers

- little pink best buds

though i pretty much love all the pitches. such a great company.

mcw

Man, the production value of Lee Petty's pitch video is unreal. He's clearly cheating.

Apparently, that video was created awhile back, when Double Fine was pitching Headlander to other publishers. They weren't wild about the idea.

Apparently, that video was created awhile back, when Double Fine was pitching Headlander to other publishers. They weren't wild about the idea.

Psh, what do they know? That's an awesome idea. I'm really glad Double Fine are exploring various self-publishing options these days, and don't necessarily have to take a "no" from a publisher as a final answer anymore.

Haunted

Headlander and Dear Leader having their own twitter accounts, this year's pitches are stepping it up!

Haven't picked my favourites yet, but I wanted to post this:

Lc8.gif
*right-click, save as*

Also happy to see more votes for What Could Go Wrong.

deleted

I just voted for:

Little Pink Best Buds

Mega Rad Karate Troopers
What Could Go Wrong
and Breach

I'm actually thinking of wasting one vote for an unpopular game to up the chances of What Could Go Wrong happening :p

I voted for both Cat games, and Extraterrarium.

If I paid enough to vote on Pendleton Ward's game, Damnit Jerry sounded the most likely to turn into a complete project.

mcw

I'm actually thinking of wasting one vote for an unpopular game to up the chances of What Could Go Wrong happening :p

I don't think there's any chance of it not being one of the three finalists, at this point. So far it's looking like WCGW and Dear Leader are definitely going to make it in. Third slot is a tough call.

• Buried Metropolis
  • Steed
  • Oscillate

Side note: I cannot believe how little love Buried Metropolis is getting in this thread!! It's Spelunky Daily Challenges but generated by wi-fi signals with Hoplite-like gameplay. How is that not the best idea?

gabbo

Ended up going Parabolic, Dear Leader, Breach, and voted for Little Pink Best Buds in the Ward category.

Zafir

Side note: I cannot believe how little love Buried Metropolis is getting in this thread!! It's Spelunky Daily Challenges but generated by wi-fi signals with Hoplite-like gameplay. How is that not the best idea?
I only really game at home, consequently it's a feature lost on me.

DKehoe

Was tough to decide on 3 but I went for Dear Leader, Steed and Mega Rad Karate Troopers

My Pendleton Ward pick was Little Pink Best Buds

Mista Koo

Voted for Gone Astray, Project Xing and Steed (Dear Leader as a runner-up).
The choices aren't as interesting as 2012's tbh. But I've always wanted a game like Gone Astray and I really hope it's first person for cat scale!

Oh and too many space games, ugh.

I also voted because I don't really want the zombie one to win. Come on Pen we got enough zombie games already.
He said the zombies are fast and have superpowers, why make them zombies in the first place?!

I thought GAF loves pizza and Star Fox, but only one of you guys voted for Astro Helmet. I'm disappointed. :(

I voted for Astro Helmet, Jet Girl & Ghost Dog and Ether. I guess none of them has a chance against Highlander which gets the biggest marketing hype so far.

Whools

I voted for Dear Leader, Humans: A Study Guide and Eras Of Adventure.
What could go wrong sounded cool, but I'm not a big horror fan.
Mnemonic came really close to getting my vote, but I wasn't sure how much could be accomplished as a prototype, and the story seems a little dark for DF, though it would be cool to see how they approach it.

mcw

I voted for Dear Leader, Humans: A Study Guide and Eras Of Adventure.

Eras of Adventure sounded like it could be really cool depending on how they do it. After I watched the pitch video, I imagined it being like Retro Game Challenge but for adventure games-- something where there's a central hub game that ties everything together and gives you a reason to return to each individual game again and again.

Costia

Each game also has a 30 second pitch video on the Humble site. They are much more informative than the descriptions in the promotional video.

I watched those after i got the general idea of each. I think a few are missing in the promotional video.
Also, I didn't know Pendleton were adventure time's guys. So now I bought beat the average and voted for no more mcdonalds.

Tonyp2121

Neo Member
Voting is so hard on this, so many fun ideas are out there.

Project 行
No More McDonalds
Astro Helmet
Mnemonic

Voting is so hard on this, so many fun ideas are out there

Yeah, I keep having second thoughts about what to vote for. I'm pretty sure about Steed and Breach but unsure of Gone Astray. I'll probably keep it but so many others are compelling.

I wanted to keep my votes for games that involve someone who hasn't lead a project at Double Fine yet. Give others a chance to take charge and get their game made. But I'll be happy with whatever gets chosen in the end.

Doopliss

ExtraTerrarium stands out to me for its element of observing alien creatures and discovering their interactions with each other. Assuming the AI would be smart enough I think there's potential for really creative emergent gameplay.

My other picks were Steed, What Could Go Wrong and Little Pink Best Buds.

Top Bottom