• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball announced. (New IP,F2P) Am I the only one interested?

Toad.T

Banned
Localization of Daraumashi (sp?) Sports Shop. Just announced in the most recent Nintendo Direct.

Baseball minigames hosted by a former baseball star dog. Free demos when downloaded, but you can buy the other games for $4.00 (each, I think). Or you can haggle the prices down to an unknown amount.

Looks fun to me, and it's always good to see new Nintendo IP's get some spotlight.

Comes out in April.

Hasney

Looks like this got lost in the shuffle, but this really interested me. It's a free download of baseball mini games featuring an ex pro ball playing dog. You get six levels for free of Bat and Switch (As opposed to the usual F2P bait and switch hurrrrr) and then you can buy the other mini games.

batswitch-620x.jpg

BUT, if you take Rusty a present and he likes it, he'll reduce the price of a game... Yup, he'll discount the REAL WORLD MONEY required to buy it.

I'm going to keep my eye on it, it seems delightfully weird.

okayfrog

Banned
I remember seeing a thread on here by another user posted a couple months back. The guy had the Japanese version of the game and talked about it. Seemed kinda neat. Was surprised to see that it's being released here in America.

It looked like fun until I saw that the individual games are $4 and you have to "haggle" to get the prices to come down. I would rather pay $10 up front to have the whole game than to have to jump through hoops to reduce the cost to about as much. :/

Kinsei

Banned
It looked like fun until I saw that the individual games are $4 and you have to "haggle" to get the prices to come down. I would rather pay $10 up front to have the whole game than to have to jump through hoops to reduce the cost to about as much. :/

Same, but it shouldn't take too long for a guide to getting the lowest price for each game comes out.

As I said in the thread with my impressions, the game is quite weird but addictive. Each game has ten different challenges, with five difficulties to work through too so I felt like I got my money worth from it.

Haggling isn't difficult, it only takes one or two minutes and generally advances the plot. Ypu can't get the games for free but usually you can get them for half off at least.

It's not that I hate this game, but I hate the fact that Good Feel are not focusing all of their efforts of fucking Yarn Yoshi. It's been three and a half years since Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Drago

Looks like fun and I've been kinda interested in it since it came out in Japan. I'll download for sure.

GOOD FEELS.

Zomba13

The original one looks like a racist caricature and the new one looks like a creepy guy who hangs around children's parks in a white van.

Trike

The original one looks like a racist caricature and the new one looks like a creepy guy who hangs around children's parks in a white van.

If a dog hangs around children's parks in a white van that means he is being abused by his owner who left him in a hot car :(

No, the original looks like the stereotypical caricature of a salaryman. See also the dad from Incredible Crisis and many other examples.

The Japanese version is great - full of tight, addictive arcade challenges that get seriously tough in the later stages. Feels a lot like a really good iOS game but with the tactile joy of button controls.

Shinta

Banned
This sounds amazing lol. I literally could not believe that payment system they have set up.

Holy shit. Good feeling.

popyea

The altered design kind of kills the appeal a bit. But I guess they didn't think western audiences would get the kansai salesman trope, so no point making him look Japanese. He looks more like a steve buscemi pawn shop owner now, so not really as sympathetic. Still interested in the game though, because it looks like fun.

Only seems intriguing for the "haggle" ability. If that's how Nintendo tackles the F2P phenomenon (offering price discounts based on gameplay preformances) - I'm excited. Of course, we don't know how much you can ACTUALLY save. And $4 a minigame is already pretty absurd.

Alphahawk

I find this really gross. F2P isn't necessarily bad but when the entire appeal of the game is based around paying for additional content, and the main draw is that you have a way to pay less for it by playing it "right". I just find it gross.

If MS did this on the Xbox or an app developer did this on IOS they would be raked across the coals, and rightly so , but somehow. It gets a pass since it's on a Nintendo system.

Top Bottom