• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.61 now live; fixes system stability

stability for ps4.More stable than a chicken

3018392-inline-chickenbenz11.gif

They got their sharing commercial going on yet the functionality is so anemic. I really hope they expand the share feature so that we can atleast share video with our PSN friends, stream to YouTube, archive our streams and maybe have more editing options before we share those archived videos.

Timurse

Banned
After updating to 1.6 all the games now crash a lot more frequently than it has been before :( Even games like AC4 or NFS: Rivals which actually dropped off just a few times before.

This didn't fix the issue I'm having where previewing my videos and screenshots quickly enough cranes the entire console. Especially when I'm using L1 and R1 to flip through full screen view of them.

If I wait a bit in between each it's fine but slow, but if I start clicking quickly to get to a certain screen it crashes the entire console. If i do this while a game is running then it crashes even sooner.

Really lame.

Anyone else have this issue?

Spaulding

Since i dont know where to ask this question, is it possible to plug in a headset in your DS4 and hear sound? Is that a option in a menu somewhere? Or do i have to plug it into my TV?

Yes, it was there from the beginning. Just plug a headset into your DS4, keep the PS button pressed and select "adjust devices". There you can select "All audio" for the DS4.

IISANDERII

Have they fixed the PS3-PS4 online thing?

When i am on my PS3 i cannot see my friends on my PS4? Yet the reverse works fine, on my PS4 i can view my PS3 friends.
Friends I added on PS4 don't show up on PS3, and they're not supposed to.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hopefully it fixes all these crashes to XMB in certain games like Tomb Raider and EA ttiles with that weird error code beginning with C

Guessing this doesn't specifically fix the "ce-34878-0" error that happens to me in over half my games that Sony said they were working on?

slapnuts

Will this stability finally fix the dreaded wobble!?

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

I'll just see myself out

I dont have this wobble problem...weird. Maybe its my center channel speaker which my PS4 lays on under my HDTV..i tried the pushing down on PS4 at all sorts of places and i get no wobble.

-griffy-

Banned

When i am on my PS3 i cannot see my friends on my PS4? Yet the reverse works fine, on my PS4 i can view my PS3 friends.

I believe the reason for that is the PS3 has a friends list limit of 100, while the PS4 has a limit of 2000. Things would probably get problematic if your potential 2000 PS4 friends were displayed on the 100-limited PS3 list.

todahawk

plus adding friends on PS4 has seemingly fucked up my FL on PS3. Maxxed it and certain people disappearing but i can still message them... just discovered this :(

Audioboxer

Hope this fixes that NBA2K14 sound issue 1.60 brought

Doubt it, the whole way sound is handed on the PS4 is currently fucked. Missing center channel audio and basic options ran by "automatic detection" rather than letting the end user specify (like on PS3).

The internet is full of complaints about PS4 audio issues through sound systems (5.1/DTS).

Starting to get a bit pathetic Sony haven't stepped up the game to fix this.

majik13

I hope it fixes the occasional share glitch, where the console decides to save footage from before the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

yeah hopefully...

and does anyone know if it perhaps fixes game save corruption? Last I heard it was a sony issue and not just a BF4 issue.

SHADES

Lol, I wonder if it's just a stealth patch to fix the free PSN for new users when getting the free PS+ trial that was mentioned last week?

Chabbles

I hope this fixes issues iv been having with screenshots..

Yesterday i tried to view some of the screens i took in KZSF, there must be a good 50 or so, and all i get is a grey screen when i try to preview them... same with all my Outlast shots.

Edit,
So i just updated firmware, and screenshots still grey images when i tried to view them. But i found a fix, and double checked to make sure it works, first it worked for my KZ shots, and then for Outlast shots that i couldnt view. So if anyone else is getting the bug where you cant view your screenshots, just upload one of the greyed out shots (i used twitter), and magically the rest in the folder will become viewable again.

Audioboxer

I thought this stuff supposed install in background while in sleep mode?

Half the time there is a new user license agreement with firmware. Can't be skipping that for people now, even if 98% of people don't read them :p

It'll simply download in the background, not install.

123rl

So the update got announced, I switched on my console, and received the update immediately? What kind of fucking voodoo is that? For some reason, Sony expect me to update the console when I want to update it, at my own convenience. I'm confused...

Microsoft, THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!!! Fix that crap on the Xbox One in the next update ffs

Top Bottom