• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

Is almost like if some of you guys would rejoice if this false rumours were actually true. Regardless of platform preferences wanting something bad to happen in another platform its such a mean spirited thing to do.

There is a official confirmation from The Respawn community manager: they are not dropping the resolution; there is a video with the new party system... yet you guys keep speculating about nonsensical conspiracies? wow... just wow..
Some people just like to watch the world burn.

Klocker

Personally I feel like that should be a quick way to access your friends list. I don't like having to navigate to your profile page then find friends. Also when you are in a party I feel like that should always be a link on that front page in the same place.

either hit the big rectangle on the left of home page with your gamerpic on it or say "xbox go to friends list"

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice update! I haven't really used the friends list and haven't even touched the party system yet because a lot of the people I normally chat with haven't made the jump to XB1 or PS4.

I personally feel, in my opinion, Microsoft should hug and thank Respawn for all the input to help make the Xbox One a better system, or at least putting the pressure in some way on Microsoft to get some of the updates out. I dont think it is any coincidence that the Xbox One March Update is coming just before Titanfall.

We have Game Streaming, Better Controller Input, more CPU Speed, a better scaler. It's almost like Respawn should have been in charge of building the Xbox One, not Microsoft.

seems like Microsoft didn't consult devs doesn't it?

x-Lundz-x

Is almost like if some of you guys would rejoice if this false rumours were actually true. Regardless of platform preferences wanting something bad to happen in another platform its such a mean spirited thing to do.

There is a official confirmation from The Respawn community manager: they are not dropping the resolution; there is a video with the new party system... yet you guys keep speculating about nonsensical conspiracies? wow... just wow..

How is simply stating that it's possible that TF still has it's own party system have anything to do with wanting something bad to happen to the Xbox One? That is a Wow, just wow from me.

You must have forgotten how Modern Warfare 2 worked on the 360, which was made by the same people making TitanFall.

Gestault

Just read that CBOAT thread

That is some very specific stuff he mentioned, wonder if it was to smoke him out

I don't see the value on him making it up, his track record has been shitacular lately

I sort of wonder if he had older info that at one point could have been real, but brought it up much later as more of a comeback in the conversation he was in. Like it only came up as a way to "shut down" the person he was responding to. Honestly, look at what was said: he thought it was worth a retort that someone explained what they thought was appealing about a system. He wasn't leaking info he thought was important for buyers to know, it was a retort to someone he disagreed with. That's a strange motivation for that kind of response, as far as I'm concerned. I think ego was involved more than anything.

Wizman23

Banned

its really strange indeed. I hate to say it, but it would be very interesting to see how beloved CBOAT would be around these parts if his false rumors were directed at MS competitors.

Prine

Banned
Great stuff. :)

There were people hoping the alpha textures/720p was real, just so CBoat can save face. Happy people can start to see the lies. It was Thuway that was stating this friends system overhaul would take "a year" to turn around

see5harp

It still sucks that it's its own app.

Whether it's an app or not doesn't have any bearing on how it works, assuming it's fast. I don't see why people keep saying "app" like it has anything to do with how it works. The guide overlay could have been an "app" and it worked great.

RulkezX

whats wrong with that?

Because it was all seamless on 360. Everything being an app on X1 is absolutely the worst thing about the OS

Whether it's an app or not doesn't have any bearing on how it works, assuming it's fast. I don't see why people keep saying "app" like it has anything to do with how it works. The guide overlay could have been an "app" and it worked great.
It's neither as intuitive , user friendly or as fast as their last gen OS.

watership

I really hope so. You can't have a guy spreading disinformation under the pretense that he is a bona fide insider. Get him out of here ASAP.

Leakers get stuff wrong all the time. Sometimes they hear hearsay and report on it, or they get bad info, or things change. That's not my problem wit cboat. It's that his goal, seems to be to leak only the bad. And the X1 has had lots of bad things happen to it since June, but there have been some positive news as well. We hardly ever get that from Cboat. That makes me wonder if he's getting off on his fame, or loves feeding the hate just to be picked up and carried as a hero for exposing things.

Chitown B

Yes. That, and I don't really want the damn thing. I have no plans to play waggle games, and would prefer to navigate a clean, simple UI with a controller rather than wade through a complex one by talking to a black box.

no one wants to waggle games. Kinect 2.0 is all about fast voice commands and Skype video. You've got some ideal in your head about Kinect 1.0 that's coloring your view on the new one.

Chitown B

Because it was all seamless on 360. Everything being an app on X1 is absolutely the worst thing about the OS

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you've gotta be kidding.

The 360 was constantly "loading circle, loading circle, loading circle" and a ton of menus to get to what you wanted. X1 is "Xbox Go To Netflix" = instantly in Netflix

Dabanton

Great stuff. :)

There were people hoping the alpha textures/720p was real, just so CBoat can save face. Happy people can start to see the lies. It was Thuway that was stating this friends system overhaul would take "a year" to turn around

Thuway was hilariously shameless.

This week so far has been bad news for people who revel in constant bad news about a particular platform.

see5harp

It's neither as intuitive , user friendly or as fast as their last gen OS.

I do agree that I'm far less fast using it over the guide button overlay. I just don't like seeing all of my options in a non list format (and that goes for the actual friends list as well).

mcrommert

Banned

And lets also look at what they said was wrong with the party system. They said that the party system was part of the game which wasn't true it just pointed to the leaders game, there was no party leader anymore, blah blah blah....all wrong

The issue with the new party system wasn't technology it was just that they set it up incorrectly with bad defaults and options...now they have fixed that issue...in 4 months...

see5harp

It doesn't even make sense to make your own party chat. You already have a game where you can squad up with friends and there's a system for chat in game. The idea that respawn would design their own party chat system is crazy. It's like doubling down on the idea that "party chat was completely broken," which it wasn't.

Chitown B

It doesn't even make sense to make your own party chat. You already have a game where you can squad up with friends and there's a system for chat in game. The idea that respawn would design their own party chat system is crazy. It's like doubling down on the idea that "party chat was completely broken," which it wasn't.

party chat is useful so you can opt out of hearing others on your team that aren't your friends. Also, anyone can join even if they're playing some other game, if you just want to shoot the shit.

the same can be said about the ones who despise cboat because is news dont put microsoft in a good spot

he was right almost all the time..thats the point

The bolded is about the only part thats even true.

CPU speed is a rumour, the scaler was universally hated , game streaming was announced at the X1 reveal, party stuff and friends lists existed since forever, Respawn aint to thank for them not being as crappy as they were 3 months ago.

Read my previous post, Respawn said they were working with Microsoft on the Scaler a while back, before the scaler update. I also said they didn't specifically work with MS to get streaming working, but the Titanfall release date did. MS wanted to get that out ASAP, especially with Titanfall coming and all the free advertising the streams will provide.

no one wants to waggle games. Kinect 2.0 is all about fast voice commands and Skype video. You've got some ideal in your head about Kinect 1.0 that's coloring your view on the new one.

I don't care about Skype video and fast voice commands. I have no less than four devices that I can make video calls with when I want to. I just want to play games on my video game console. MS can keep the camera.

Obviously this all comes down to personal preference, so I'm not pretending to speak for anyone but myself, (although I don't think I'm alone, here).

Chitown B

I don't care about Skype video and fast voice commands. I have no less than four devices that I can make video calls with when I want to. I just want to play games on my video game console. MS can keep the camera.

Obviously this all comes down to personal preference, so I'm not pretending to speak for anyone but myself, (although I don't think I'm alone, here).

Oh well...

I don't use all of the functions of all of my devices, but they are part of the complete package. The R&D was done and it is what it is. Don't use it if you don't want to. I don't use a lot of the functions on my iPhone but I still had to pay the cost.

Oh well...

I don't use all of the functions of all of my devices, but they are part of the complete package. The R&D was done and it is what it is. Don't use it if you don't want to. I don't use a lot of the functions on my iPhone but APPLE STILL FORCED THINGS DOWN MY THROAT!

fixed for message board hyperbole

Oh well...

I don't use all of the functions of all of my devices, but they are part of the complete package. The R&D was done and it is what it is. Don't use it if you don't want to. I don't use a lot of the functions on my iPhone but I still had to pay the cost.

That's OK. I'll just hang on to my money for now and wait for them to adjust to what the sales #'s are telling them. It'll be better that way.

you guys know you lap up those leaks. ;)

And how to keep score, too. It's surprising that insiders are still willing to post here with all the childish treatment they receive in return.

gaming_noob

the same can be said about the ones who despise cboat because is news dont put microsoft in a good spot

he was right almost all the time..thats the point

It is the way CBOAT presents the 'leaks' that I would imagine makes people despise him. The way he comes off seems like he enjoys pouring salt in the wound for the Xbox die hards. Now Famousmortimer, on the other hand, is a good example of how to present negative news.

hwalker84

Exactly. It may not have had the interface we wanted and certain games acted differently than we're used to but it was there and it worked.

Top Bottom