• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

10 years ago, I came awfully close to having to cosplay as Venus. Luckily I won the bet that day.
Although I might have been able to pull it off xD

cj_iwakura's the best!

ib0Ig8VxsOw9HP.JPG

March 6th, according to the internet.

Here are all of their birthdays, according to multiple sources:

-Sailor Moon: June 30
-Sailor Mercury: September 10
-Sailor Mars: April 17
-Sailor Jupiter: December 5
-Sailor Venus: October 22
-Sailor Pluto: October 29
-Sailor Uranus: January 27
-Sailor Neptune: March 6
-Sailor Saturn: January 6
-Tuxedo Kamen: August 3
-Chibi-Usa: June 30
-Star Fighter: July 30
-Star Maker: May 30
-Star Healer: February 8

MikeMyers

Ah okay.

I'm surprised it isn't March 7th, since that is the debut of the anime.

On the 20 year anniversary I got my driving license.

MikeMyers

You can't live in Los Angeles and not drive, it is just not possible.

I think only Mamoru and Haruka have their licenses.

Yeah, they are.

Anyway, here's a nice Sailor Mercury shirt that will be available for the next 20 or so hours: http://arteesel.com/collections/today-s-tees/products/sailor-mercury-sigma-astra

If I wasn't trying to save up money for something else, I'd consider getting it.

I'm guessing that Sailor Moon-related shirts must sell really well, because it seems like there's new ones popping up on all of these limited-time t-shirt sites every few days. There's also a bunch of official new ones coming out every once in a while. A bunch of new ones showed up on Amazon recently.

cj_iwakura

March 6th, according to the internet.

Here are all of their birthdays, according to multiple sources:

-Sailor Moon: June 30
-Sailor Mercury: September 10
-Sailor Mars: April 17
-Sailor Jupiter: December 5
-Sailor Venus: October 22
-Sailor Pluto: October 29
-Sailor Uranus: January 27
-Sailor Neptune: March 6
-Sailor Saturn: January 6
-Tuxedo Kamen: August 3
-Chibi-Usa: June 30
-Star Fighter: July 30
-Star Maker: May 30
-Star Healer: February 8

Mamoru's a Leo? Figures. Well, Ami's next closest to mine, so there's that. (August 11)

MikeMyers

Well PRINCESS NAOKO is March 15.

Does she have any other notable works? It seems like everything else she has done has been one-offs.

Were those actually in the show? I don't remember them. I never really listened to any Sailor Moon songs outside of the show.

I did watch that live stage show/concert for PGSM, though.

cj_iwakura

I don't recognize it. Maybe it's from a character album or some such?

What is everyone's favorite vocal track? Mine will always be La Soldier, followed by Moon Revenge, then the Stars theme.

The S Movie theme's nice too.

Yeah, those two songs are from character/image albums. They were never used in the show.

As for favorite vocal tracks, La Soldier is definitely one of my favorites as is Moonlight Densetsu, particularly the second version sung by the SeraMyu cast. Moon Revenge, Sailor Stars Song, Ai No Senshi, and Sailor Team's Theme are other I like as well. I like a whole bunch of the songs from the SeraMyu shows as well.

MikeMyers

Sorry about beating you to it.

That's interesting that he dislikes Starlights being men, I wonder what else she thought about the anime?

I remember reading something about that before. I'm sure there's other stuff she dislikes. I just can't remember anything specific right now.

MikeMyers

I just hate how they were such dicks to the Senshi, mostly the non-Seiya ones.

Kind of like Haruka and Michiru, without the charisma.

*Play Violin with Lemon*

Well...it's hard for me to hate stuff. I don't know why. It's sort of a running joke with people I know. Like something must be really bad if even I hate it. Hah.

Anyway:
Who Posted? Total Posts: 985
User Name Posts
KDash31987 213
MikeMyers 212
cj_iwakura 153
RoryDropkick 111
TheBatman 82
Syrinx 25
Cheerilee 16
Femmeworth 10
SaintZ 9
KirbYayoi 9
zeopower6 9
Pluto 8
PepsimanVsJoe 7
Amalthea 7
Zoe 7
Chet Rippo 7
UberTag 7
cajunator 6
Conan-san 6
Emitan 6
enigmatic_alex44 5
Lord Ghirahim 5
ZombiePlatypus 4
jello44 4
DrForester 4
Man God 3
royalan 3
Uraizen 3
HolyBaikal 3
Hours Left 2
DR2K 2
BBboy20 2
Quackula 2
Doctor Ninja 2
Cynosure 2
Yado 2
bjork 2
Necrovex 2
Lambtron 2
SailorCosmos 2
jbug617 2
Damon Bennet 1
Koppai 1
King Endymion 1
Bladenic 1
xaosslug 1
Zee-Row 1
Atsumi 1
foxuzamaki 1
Peru 1
SpeedySwaf 1
Articalys 1
Scirrocco 1
Stulaw 1
StayDead 1
Benclank01 1
wonzo 1
KremlinChaos 1

It'd be 214 for me with this post. I remember when I had the most by 20 or so posts just a few days ago. You caught up real quick, Mike! Bravo!

ibejLcfm43ypUm.gif

MikeMyers

I like how we only have about 5 consistent posters here.

Still in Season 1.

Next thread we'll get two more - ChibiusaGAF and PlutoGAF.

(Although I think we already had a Sailor Pluto person post here).

I like how we only have about 5 consistent posters here.

Still in Season 1.

Next thread we'll get two more - ChibiusaGAF and PlutoGAF.

Yay I made that 5!

and oh no, I changed my avatar again :(

Satsuki <3

Satsuki <3

Been watching Kill la Kill again, eh? I'm about to watch the latest episode myself. :O

Oh, yeah, I was watching the dubbed Sailor Moon SuperS again earlier. I stopped at the episode with that princess from Amethyst. Next up is the college dance one. I might continue watching later today.

Been watching Kill la Kill again, eh? I'm about to watch the latest episode myself. :O

Oh, yeah, I was watching the dubbed Sailor Moon SuperS again earlier. I stopped at the episode with that princess from Amethyst. Next up is the college dance one. I might continue watching later today.

I was super far behind! I hadn't watched in a couple months. I left off at episode 8, and was able to binge watch to ep 18. Freaking crazy. I had to honor it with a nice avie for now. Knowing me it'll change soon but yeah :)

Wow, I didn't think I posted so much here. I'm glad people are still participating.

:D indeed. How've you been?

I was super far behind! I hadn't watched in a couple months. I left off at episode 8, and was able to binge watch to ep 18. Freaking crazy. I had to honor it with a nice avie for now. Knowing me it'll change soon but yeah :)

Oh! Excellent! That show just keeps getting crazier and crazier. I love it.

I've thought about changing my avatar to a Kill la Kill one, but I'm happy with Sailor Moon for now.

You must have looked at my profile and noticed all my psn/nintendo/360 names are "Lee Chaolan" something or another. If not, you're excelent psychic.

<3

I'm a Tekken fan (and used to have Tekken avatars here), so when I think of the word "excellent," I think of Lee Chaolan (or Bill & Ted). Hah.

But yeah, I knew you were a fan of his...or did I? The world may never know. I could actually be psychic!
I'm not. :(

nytpENB.jpg

Psychic or not, I still think you're neat :)

Anyway, we should play Tekken sometime. I have 5, 6, and Tag 2 (on multiple platforms)

4WvAq2v.jpg

Psychic or not, I still think you're neat :)

Aww, shucks!

Anyway, we should play Tekken sometime. I have 5, 6, and Tag 2 (on multiple platforms

I'm down for that! I have Tekken 6 on Xbox 360, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Revolution on PlayStation 3.

I technically also have Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on the PlayStation 3, but it's the European version, so I can't play against U.S. or Japanese players. I have that version so that I could play against a friend of mine that lives in the U.K. He's who I mainly play games online with.

I made some Sailor Moon customs in 6 and Tag 2, of course. Hah. Not as good as the ones I made in Soulcalibur IV and V, but the ones in 6 were okay. Not too happy with the ones in Tag 2, though. I'll see if I can find pictures of them, but I'm not sure if I have any. I used Xiaoyu for 6, and Alisa for Tag 2. I think I had one for Lili in 6 at one point, too.

Mainly Lili and Asuka nowadays, but I do use other characters sometimes like Hwoarang, Kazuya, Jun, Alisa, Law, Lee, and others. I also like to play random character matches. Hah.

I also played in the NeoGAF tournament last year. I was actually the first to enter it! I lost, though. But I had fun. Here's some video of my tournament matches, and here are some casual matches afterwards. I actually did better in the casual ones. Hah.

Oh, I found pics of my Tekken 6 Xiaoyu Eternal Sailor Moon custom:

I remember her being a bit better. Oh, well. It's a very limited editor.

Pluto

Over here. :)

Lots of work, barely any time for Sailor Moon, I hope to re-read the manga soon. I'm currently buying the new japanese release. Any info on who will be on the covers of the final two volumes? The first 8 used the ten main senshi, so maybe the Starlights vor Vol.9 and Serenity and Endymion for Vol. 10?

Top Bottom