• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiWare now available in Japan.

dsc04659.jpg

Yeah: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles has pay-to-play elements. Maybe if this game would download faster I'd be able to find out what else you have to pay for! Hopefully it's not some kind of service fee, and is just DLC.

The 2ch kids are saying that Mojipittan is going to have downloadable stages that cost money, too.

Teknoman

Kobun Heat said:
dsc04659.jpg

Yeah: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles has pay-to-play elements. Maybe if this game would download faster I'd be able to find out what else you have to pay for! Hopefully it's not some kind of service fee, and is just DLC.

The 2ch kids are saying that Mojipittan is going to have downloadable stages that cost money, too.

Hey there's that red circle everyone+GAF flipped out about. See, it was going to be for DLC all alone.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kobun Heat said:
dsc04659.jpg

Motherfuck.

mrpogi23

i would like to thank anyone to bought Saku Saku Animal Panic or planning to.

I hope you guys enjoy it as we enjoyed making it. I cant say yet what the official title for US release because Konami is still in process of finalizing the name... so just wait until then.
I think we are the only american indie developer to launch in japan :)
yes we are indie even tho we are under Konami.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
mrpogi23 said:

I hope you guys enjoy it as we enjoyed making it. I cant say yet what the official title for US release because Konami is still in process of finalizing the name... so just wait until then.

I tried finding out just what the hell that game was last night, but Nintendo's site had no videos, are there any online?

mrpogi23 said:

Which one is that? The farm game? (Dont know Japanese...lol)

The video on the Nintendo channel was interesting and I was planing to download it but ran out've WiiPoints...will d/l it next week tho and try it out.

Lobster

Banned
mrpogi23 said:

Is that the game where you have to capture animals by making a fence?

WiiWare for America is going to be alot more interesting. But now that we know DLC is coming to Wii it is kind of exciting.

Can't wait for Final Fantasy, Spogs Racing, and LostWinds =D

~Scott

Ydahs

DXB-KNIGHT said:
I see a red Nintendo wi-fi logo on FFCC page, Is it for Pay for Play Or dowloadable contents?
dsc04659.jpg

Red icon represents that it's a Pay-And-Play game. Maybe it has DLC?

mrpogi23

Lobster said:
Is that the game where you have to capture animals by making a fence?

yep, we have videos but.... Konami missed the opportunity to market the game... it kinda sucks but what can we do =/ and it has to go thru them before we release them...

mrpogi23 said:

I am downloading it as we speak!

Lobster

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Well, this does make the lack of DLC in Port Band a little more silly.

We might hear an announcement soon then? Pay to Play was announced only recently.

mrpogi23 said:
yep, we have videos but.... Konami missed the opportunity to market the game... it kinda sucks but what can we do =/ and it has to go thru them before we release them...

I'll buy your game when WiiWare hits Aus! I love that game!:D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
sp0rsk said:
Well, this does make the lack of DLC in Port Band a little more silly.

Agreed. It also makes the lack of an HDD even more horrendous. E3 can't come quick enough because I can't wait to be disappointed.

mrpogi23

Lobster said:
We might hear an announcement soon then? Pay to Play was announced only recently.

I'll buy your game when WiiWare hits Aus! I love that game!:D

haha cool, we have an australian level in the game lol

Jiggy

PantherLotus said:
Agreed. It also makes the lack of an HDD even more horrendous. E3 can't come quick enough because I can't wait to be disappointed.
Me neither. Get with it, Nintendo. Hard drive. Now. VC and WiiWare are the best aspects of your home console this gen, and yet they'll become cumbersome because of the Wii's lack of storage. :/

Teknoman

Jiggy37 said:
Me neither. Get with it, Nintendo. Hard drive. Now. VC and WiiWare are the best aspects of your home console this gen, and yet they'll become cumbersome because of the Wii's lack of storage. :/

It should be easy to make one too. Cant they just make a HDD that sits right on the back of the Wii, while plugged into a USB slot in the back.

Scrubking

Jiggy37 said:
Get with it, Nintendo. Hard drive. Now. VC and WiiWare are the best aspects of your home console this gen, and yet they'll become cumbersome because of the Wii's lack of storage. :/

Why do people keep saying this? Buy an SD card and shove it in the Wii's SD card slot PRESTO - instant 2gb of storage space. If it gets full pop in another one - PRESTO - another 2gb.

Jiggy

Scrubking said:
Why do people keep saying this? Buy an SD card and shove it in the Wii's SD card slot PRESTO - instant 2gb of storage space. If it gets full pop in another one - PRESTO - another 2gb.
Because the games can't be run directly from the SD card, and copying to and from gets obnoxious and time-consuming.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Scrubking said:

You're the type that prefers CD players to MP3 players, aren't you?

Are there any other games up that didn't get much attention (like our friend from Konami)?

mrpogi23

btw just to make things clear, im not from konami. But theyre really awesome publisher for supporting us.

I'm just an artist from Epicenter Studios.

Jiggy37 said:
Because the games can't be run directly from the SD card, and copying to and from gets obnoxious and time-consuming.
You probably would have to copy them to and from an external HD, too, and it would take the same amount of time, since the encryption process would be the same.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kobun Heat said:
I am totally the 12th best Star Soldier R player in all of Hokkaido, not that I live there.

Hey, remember the debate over whether the game was a real game or just a time trial?

Well... real game or just a time trial?

batbeg

DavidDayton said:
Hey, remember the debate over whether the game was a real game or just a time trial?

Well... real game or just a time trial?

It was basically confirmed before, but it's just a time trial mode. You can see it in the video just now posted that there's seemingly no other option for play.

What's this I'm read about "pay to play?"

My friend told me this morning he heard that we'd have to pay for EVERY session of play of WiiWare games. I dismissed it as nonsense. Don't tell me he was right.

TheGrayGhost said:

My friend told me this morning he heard that we'd have to pay for EVERY session of play of WiiWare games. I dismissed it as nonsense. Don't tell me he was right.

It's just DLC that costs money, like any other console. Outside the initial fee for the game, you don't HAVE to pay anything to play it.

batbeg

TheGrayGhost said:

Not only was he right, but you will also be automatically charged for every time you waggle the Wii remote on all games in the future, whether or not you're even connected to the internet.

I'm serious, and you should believe me, because I belong to a prestigious videogame website
NeoGAF

Top Bottom