• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Tiduz

Eurogaime
deepbrown said:
I don't know. You couldnt play with friends in the Japan one :(

i forgot i was the one that made the topic about it(holy shit im a tard:lol), its confirmed to come in an update, but WHEN?

sadface_1.jpg

Sinnoch

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
This is by design. If a person barrels into a corner at a faster speed than they can take it the game makes them a ghost so they can't use the cars in front as bumpers to stay on-track. It can happen for other reasons too, but it's to keep people from cheesing the game basically. The "NAT Type" names are likely due to people playing without the proper TCP/UDP ports forwarded.

I know not very many people have the game yet, but is this accurate? I thought there was some sort of penalty system rather than ghost cars.

Goldrusher

Sinnoch said:
I know not very many people have the game yet, but is this accurate? I thought there was some sort of penalty system rather than ghost cars.

If you get a penalty, your car turns into a ghost.

Tideas

Banned
Sinnoch said:

i think the penalty is the ghost car. pretty good idea for it too

Sinnoch

Banned
Goldrusher said:
If you get a penalty, your car turns into a ghost.

Thanks, so can the game recognize who initiates contact accurately most of the time? For example, if one driver bumps the rear quarter panel of the car in front of him in a turn, does the guy who got hit get penalized in any way? Does he feel the bump or does the car behind him turn into a ghost before the collision?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Ok it's 630am on Thursday 27th(release day!!!) here in Australia

AND ITS NOT ON THE STORE YET. The store is usually updated by this time on Friday mornings.

I better not have to wait until tomorrow!!!!! Hopefully they put it up at 9am to put it in line with retail opening hours.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I spent hours trying to get gold in one of the races in C-class. I was only missing that gold medal. I was almost extremely lucky once, getting a near impossibly good track time with the standard Suzuki Capuccino '95 - I get bumped in the rear by two or three cars, and the speed of the car goes from top speed 170km/h to almost 200, until I get to a corner, where I have to brake. At least I had earned almost four or five seconds off my lap time (it's a time trial with other cars on the track, but unluckily I spin out just before the last turn. I guess it wasn't meant to be, would've been a dirty way to complete the track.

Anyway, after discovering this exploit, I tried repeating the "accidents". I just couldn't get them to do it, I couldn't keep them behind me, no matter how hard I tried. They would always overtake me with some fancy manouvre. Yup, the AI has definately been improved.

Of course, after several hours of just this one race, desperately trying to shave off my times, I check the on-screen manual and notice that the quick-tune is unlocked upon completing A, B and C-class events. I assume this is why I never got a gold, I have to tune my car for the race to be able to at least come close to getting a gold medal. Best I managed was a bronze medal, and I had to go at least three seconds faster than I managed.

Goldrusher

StarEye said:
I spent hours trying to get gold in one of the races in C-class. I was only missing that gold medal.

Are you driving pro mode ? Then, remember that in reality, no driver wins évery single race of a championship.

Sinnoch said:
Thanks, so can the game recognize who initiates contact accurately most of the time?

Yes.

Sinnoch said:
if one driver bumps the rear quarter panel of the car in front of him in a turn, does the guy who got hit get penalized in any way?

No.

Sinnoch said:
Does he feel the bump or does the car behind him turn into a ghost before the collision?

Ghost. But most of the times, you'll feel a slight touch (rumble) though.

Lince

Banned
Dizzan said:
Ok it's 630am on Thursday 27th(release day!!!) here in Australia

AND ITS NOT ON THE STORE YET. The store is usually updated by this time on Friday mornings.

I better not have to wait until tomorrow!!!!! Hopefully they put it up at 9am to put it in line with retail opening hours.

maybe they'll wait until the friday online servers maintenance is done before putting it up?

Sinnoch

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Ghost. But most of the times, you'll feel a slight touch (rumble) though.

I guess I have mixed feelings about this. I would have avoided the game entirely if it was bumper cars, but the whole ghosting thing feels like a cheap cop out in a sim.

Pachimari

Just recieved the review code of the game, will try it out in two days when I can connect to the servers hopefully. Can't wait, I absolutly love the series and have played it since the first one came out.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dibbz said:
Thank god I hate that stuff. Keep it on the front but off the damn spine.

The silvery/grey color from the front continues all the way around, so while there's really no artwork on the spine, it does have a darker/greyer tone than the usually white spine.

If you somehow get in a race with a friend, after the race are you still in the same lobby or does it boot you to the menu after each race? I remember a guy I knew would somehow get into the same matchmaking games in Halo with his friends (to abuse the ranking). If maybe me and my friend time it right and we get in the same game that wouldnt be to bad.

Tideas

Banned
Anastacio said:
Just recieved the review code of the game, will try it out in two days when I can connect to the servers hopefully. Can't wait, I absolutly love the series and have played it since the first one came out.

who did you have to contact for the review's code? My contact isn't responding :(

deepbrown

seattle6418 said:
fuck yes, fuck yes, japanese update baby:D :D :D

best news of the day.

ford GT LM, you will be mine...
It's only being updated for those few online features - you won't be getting the cars, new modes etc. You'll have to buy the Euro/US release for that :)

Goldrusher

deepbrown said:
It's only being updated for those few online features - you won't be getting the cars, new modes etc. You'll have to buy the Euro/US release for that :)

The European "spec II" update is 204MB.
Not just an online patch.

Goldrusher

deepbrown said:
Yes ok. But it wont be the new events, new cars, new drift mode for Japan.

20080327_en.jpg

“Gran Turismo 5 Prologue” will be undergoing a free online update to “Gran Turismo Prologue Spec II” at around noon on Friday, March 28.

The detailed content of the update will be announced on the day of the update, but there are some points of caution before performing the update. Please red before proceeding with the update.

(1) After updating, it will not be possible to replay the replay data created and saved before the update.

(2) Because the content of events will be renewed in the update, the event data before the update will be cleared, and those events will no longer be possible to play. (Acquired prize credits, cars in the garage, and clear information up to the A class will be carried over.)

(3) Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

The update can be resumed as indicated below:

- Select News in My Page after starting the game
- Exit the game with the PS button, and restart the game.

* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version).

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d1985.html

Dizzan

MINI Member
Sage00 said:
So what time are we expecting this up on the Euro PSN?

Up with the regular store update, or at 12:01? :)

Me thinks it will be with the regular update. It;s release date here in OZ 8AM and still no sign of it.

FUUUCCCCCKKKKK

Goldrusher

Dizzan said:
Me thinks it will be with the regular update. It;s release date here in OZ 8AM and still no sign of it.

FUUUCCCCCKKKKK

Uh...the Australian store always updates together with the European ones... which recently has been around 2pm.... Which is still 16 hours away.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Goldrusher said:
Uh...the Australian store always updates together with the European ones... which recently has been around 2pm.... Which is still 16 hours away.

I know, I was just hoping they would update with GT5P on the day it's released to retail. But that would be intelligent. Intelligent and PSN shouldn't really be used together though.

f@luS said:
EU IS spec II
It's what I thought too but this:
"* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region."

Kinda made me wonder that maybe we'll get something too, maybe we dont have all the Spec II features already.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Dibbz said:
Thank god I hate that stuff. Keep it on the front but off the damn spine.

I feel the completely opposite way: spending quite a bit of money only to have a white case spine with cheap fonts and no game art on the other side of the game cover really makes the game feel a little bit less worth the money I spent on it ;). Of course I would not take a game off my purchase list for its box-art.

Top Bottom