• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

armubaba

Damnit. I think I just busted another mic. I've already gone through two of these fuckers.

But yeah, sorry about having to leave so soon, especially since I couldn't tell you guys I had to go.

TimeLike

In response to Mr. Vociferous' request for that image on the Bestiarium, I found this while playing the Silent Cartographer. I inverted Urk's image and I think there are striking similarities.

Urk's image inverted
notcrappy.jpg

Image from Halo CE
DSC07801Small.jpg

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I also nominate TDG.
I just wanted to double-check and make sure everyone's okay with me being in charge of the GAF-Halo community files, before I send my message to Luke.

If anyone else wants to do it, that's fine.

Brainboy

Shake Appeal said:
I'm amazed how often Majors and above on my team express surprise when I show them you can walk right up the struts to the sword.

I don't think I was necessarily aware of being able to do that, either. But I dislike Construct so it's not really a surprise. :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker said:
Team Hardcore was fun on Construct. It wouldn't allow the opposing team to camp as much.
Team Hardcore was fun all-around. Just a pain to get games in. Shame they took it out for a lesser playlist :(

Don't touch my Rocket Race or ranked BTB and I'll be happy :D

EazyB

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:
I just wanted to double-check and make sure everyone's okay with me being in charge of the GAF-Halo community files, before I send my message to Luke.

If anyone else wants to do it, that's fine.
I believe Domino was working on getting something together to organize our content. I believe each of you posses a equally obsessive routine of visiting this thread so either/both of you are fine by me.

TimeLike said:
In response to Mr. Vociferous' request for that image on the Bestiarium, I found this while playing the Silent Cartographer. I inverted Urk's image and I think there are striking similarities.
Nice find.

Blueblur1

TimeLike said:

*Images*
That image is all over Forerunner structures. You'll also find them in the hallways inside the Forerunner structures in Halo 2's last level. Umm, Uprising was it?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
TDG, Voltron has already created the GT and we're going to be handling it. But you can, of course, help us out in sorting out the content.

The GT is "NGHC". Everyone who wants in, send a FR to that GT.

Striker

Domino Theory said:
TDG, Voltron has already created the GT and we're going to be handling it. But you can, of course, help us out in sorting out the content.

So I see you're tan...

TDG

Banned
Domino Theory said:

That's cool. Anything you need from me, meet me in my PM box.

JdFoX187

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Mods like that don't work that way, as far as I know.

The person that made them has a dev 360, so he can pretty much do whatever.
There have been a couple modded maps put on fileshares.

soldat7

Holy smokes. It would be really cool to see Valhalla laced with snow during the holidays or something. That must be the type of snow that doesn't stick on trees or something...

However, this level of modding scares me seeing how modding very nearly ruined Halo 2 for me.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
What if it really had snow on it during the holidays? That'd be insane. But I think he's talking about the writing on the wall... right?

By the way, those screens are awesome.

JdFoX187

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
What if it really had snow on it during the holidays? That'd be insane. But I think he's talking about the writing on the wall... right?

By the way, those screens are awesome.
I liked the R.I.P. writing. Missed the Killroy one though :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
i need someone to capture a video 4 me. I have an amazing video where my teammate snipes me on accident but he's 10 ft. in front of me facing the other way! NO BOUNICING OF OF WALLS EITHER!!! came straight out of the barrel, straight backwords into my head. Dudes, this is worthy of recon!!! PLZZZ!!!!!!

well its on my file share. you download it and then capture it. And trust me, RECON WORTHY!

Found many people like this whilst browsing some Halo forums. It's shit like this that reminds of how awesome this thread is and GAF in general.

Imagine the thousands of idiots like Bungie must deal with each week. :lol

Forgoet flaming helmets, meeting these intellectuals is perk of the job. ;)

Trasher

Domino Theory said:

What is this for?

Shishka

Works for Bungie
urk said:
Oh, and this Shishka fellow can kiss my buns. He banned me long ago for requesting an All Scottish Playlist over at B.net. Swear to God. ULTIMATE POWA!

Your love of flanel skirts and potatoes cooked in sheep guts fills me with anger.

...Anyway. Snow Valhalla is sorta pretty, but I'd take Avalanche over it any day. It sounds nitpicky, but I've never been a big fan of the map mods people do where they swap materials to try to make a map look different. They've been doing it since Halo 1 and it's not ever really "worked" for me. Having said that, baring some weirdness in texture seams, banding, and tiling, SnowHala seems like an experiment that turned out pretty well.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Trasher said:
What is this for?

this.

Bungie said:
Your Favorite Things

With your help, Bungie Favorites is going to see a considerable overhaul and revamp in the coming months. Right now Bungie Favorites is updated “when it’s updated” and we haven’t really had the manwidth to dedicate to scanning File Forums and checking everything out – it is an incredible time and volksvacuum getting lost in the File Forums searching for glittering needles among the dowdy bulk of the haystack.

This is where you come in. We want to see your Best of the Best in Screenshots, Films, Games and Map Variants. The easiest way to manage this pipeline is to ask that large fan Communities, like the folks at HBO, Tied the Leader, Rampancy, AoR, X, Y, Z, Q, come up with the best stuff from their Community and get it ready for admission to Bungie Favorites. Filter out your own junk and let the cream rise.

Interested in participating? Here’s how to get started.

Have one person from your organization/community group/web site send me a message on Bungie.net with the subject line Bungie Favorites. In that mail please include the email of who your Community Group’s primary point of contact will be for their one-month ownership of Bungie Favorites and the Web site/Bungie.net Group/organization you’re representing (please include a link so that we can check it out). Once we’ve rounded up a bunch of groups, we’ll send a mass mail out to the emails we’ve received with the dirty details on Favorites and the form to use to submit your two updates for Bungie Favorites that month, in addition to the details to include in the files.

Those details will include a document to fill in with links to the slot and File Share for a given piece of content, whether it’s a Film, Map, Gametype or Screenshot. In addition to some naming conventions and friendly reminders to promote your organizations in the file’s description and let people know where they came from. Lastly, we’d like to have a quick write-up explaining any gametypes you include so that folks reading Bungie.net can

Kibbles

Erm, is Xbox Live down? I just got kicked off and my internet is still working so I have no idea what the problem is. Can't connect back into XBL. :/ You know, we get more downtime than the PS3 people do and we pay for our service. Not cool :(

[edit] Yup, I did connection test. Everything confirmed except for Xbox Live = Failed. Must be down.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kibbles said:
Erm, is Xbox Live down? I just got kicked off and my internet is still working so I have no idea what the problem is. Can't connect back into XBL. :/ You know, we get more downtime than the PS3 people do and we pay for our service. Not cool :(

[edit] Yup, I did connection test. Everything confirmed except for Xbox Live = Failed. Must be down.
fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom