• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Did Joffrey suffer in the books like it appears he did on TV?

iblV0UGT9pRCwG.gif

Yes.

Did you program an AI that sends you a message any time someone attempts to mention the books?

It must suck running a TV-only blog and have comments from dickheads ruining the show that you have to take down (and therefore read). I suppose you could get a book reading fan to moderate it though.

Nameless

The most compelling motive for Littlefinger being a conspirator, aside from his own ambition, is revenge for Catelyn Stark. Lannisters killed his beloved at a wedding so he kills their king at his. It would also go along way in ingratiating him to Lysa Arryn who has a deep seeded hatred for the Lannisters. They did poison her husband, after all.

Oleana had to do it. Not sure how but it has to be her and Margerie. They've been plotting against the throne. That's why they kept Sansa close. I mean, what's some collateral damage of a few people if you can put yourself and your famy in power? Did you see margerie's face when the dwarves were performing? Fucking ICE COLD.

Minion101

Banned
Oleana had to do it. Not sure how but it has to be her and Margerie. They've been plotting against the throne. That's why they kept Sansa close. I mean, what's some collateral damage of a few people if you can put yourself and your famy in power? Did you see margerie's face when the dwarves were performing? Fucking ICE COLD.

Does Joffrey's death mean there is no king or does it go to Joffrey's brother? If house Tyrell retain power after this then they are the number 1 candidates.

Does Joffrey's death mean there is no king or does it go to the Joffrey's brother? If house Tyrell retain power after this then they are the number 1 candidates.

technically, marge is now Queen Regent? but maybe they will be all like, the marriage has not been consummated so it's rightfully joff's brother's throne, etc

Revolver

Did Joffrey suffer in the books like it appears he did on TV?

iblV0UGT9pRCwG.gif

I've never hated a fictional character as much as Joffrey but his demise left me a bit disappointed. I wanted Arya to run Needle through his throat after a lengthy torture scene or one of Dany's dragons to burn him alive. Poison is just too quick for what he deserved. At least the little prick suffered.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've never hated a fictional character as much as Joffrey but his demise left me a bit disappointed. I wanted Arya to run Needle through his throat after a lengthy torture scene or one of Dany's dragons to burn him alive. Poison is just too quick for what he deserved. At least the little prick suffered.
I really liked the way he died (what a thing to say). Looks so goddamn brutal.

But doesn't Margaery lose power with Joffrey dying? Had he still been alive she would've become queen. Doesn't make sense, especially since they weren't even officially married yet.

Loxley

I will say, that was one of the more brutal-looking depictions of someone dying from poison I've seen in a long time. The face discoloration, bleeding, it just looked horrible in all the ways it should have.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I will say, that was one of the more brutal-looking depictions of someone dying from poison I've seen in a long time. The face discoloration, bleeding, it just looked horrible in all the ways it should have.

The fans deserved that quality work. They deserved the pleasure so hard.

#fucktheking

also: glad the little shit is dead. Guess we'll see the actor somewhere else soon enough.

You actually won't unfortunately, he's retiring to pursue academic interests, which he has always intended to do.

But who knows, maybe it'll be like Michael Jordan or Eminem, he can't get enough of the game (of thrones) and comes back.

No. Technically kingship is based on Baratheon's heirs. The brother is next in line.

Dear lil Tommen, the zombie Lannister? :>

ps. that was not a spoiler. it was because i heard the actor who plays tommen was the one playing the other lannister that was killed in the previous season. sorry if i got any of you anxious. .__.;;

^ me too

i didn't notice either mellisandre or loras actually. i just thought he left at the part where they were trying to mimic shoving up a club at renly's backside.

poor loras :<

that whole spectacle was so terrifically done. everyone's discomfort was so palpable, and then there's the lot that were really enjoying it, too. lol. great scene.

It's weird that our introduction to the show had Jaime push Bran out a window to keep a terrible secret but EVERYONE knows every secret of every royal... who's having an affair, who's having incestual relations, who's gay, who got a hand cut off, who ran away.

The commom people make jokes about it, the other court officials all openly gossip about it. It's kinda silly.

Volimar

It's weird that our introduction to the show had Jaime push Bran out a window to keep a terrible secret but EVERYONE knows every secret of every royal... who's having an affair, who's having incestual relations, who's gay, who got a hand cut off, who ran away.

The commom people make jokes about it, the other court officials all openly gossip about it. It's kinda silly.

People only know about the incest because Stannis told everyone after Ned told him. No one else (still living) knew when Bran caught them.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
All I gotta say about ep 2 is this:

Rest in HELL, motherfuckeeeeerrrrrrr!!!

But on a serious note, let's all take a moment of silence in respect for our glorious fallen King.

*farts*

The Hound said it best: FUCK DA KING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom