• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay away from yahoo.com for the next few days. They have a headline stating "HBO accidentally revealed big spoiler!" and they picture they show from this week's episode is very self explanatory.
What's the implication here? There was a scene in this episode that book readers would recognize as foreshadowing, and then Yahoo made it a headline?

Blader

Stay away from yahoo.com for the next few days. They have a headline stating "HBO accidentally revealed big spoiler!" and they picture they show from this week's episode is very self explanatory.

Thanks Yahoo.

haha, I almost clicked on that because I wanted to know what to avoid. Thanks for the heads up.

I still can't get over how fucking bad ass those last 3 minutes or so were in that last ep. I bet somehow melisandre is truly loyal to the walker king.

Loakum

Banned
That was so lame. She should've totally kissed him on the mouth. Everything about this scene screamed producer holdback.

I thought she was teasing him to make him want her more. She was playing mind games with him. Something Cersei instantly saw through, when she was manipulating the late King Joffery. In other words, Margaery knows what she's doing.

Jonogunn

I'm surprised at the amount of people who forgot about Locke already. They made it pretty clear what the plans were in the past episode.

TheContact

That was so lame. She should've totally kissed him on the mouth. Everything about this scene screamed producer holdback.

I don't think that's the case at all. If anything I think her movements match her intentions. You can see she almost goes in for the kiss but moves up the forehead. I think she's trying to tease him and build him up to the point where he can't refuse her and that is her ultimate motive based on the anecdote Olenna told her about her husband

Loakum

Banned
1366107962_handae.gif

That scene made me jump, because I was NOT expecting that.

imtehman

Banned
I still can't get over how fucking bad ass those last 3 minutes or so were in that last ep. I bet somehow melisandre is truly loyal to the walker king.

no way. She's a priestess of fire, ice walkers are the opposite. If anything, she is one of the few who will probably be a great asset against the white walkers

Bo-Locks

There is only one God and it's between Margaery's legs.

Littlefinger pretty much confirmed that he's receiving support from the Iron Bank and / or has his own private army. If that's the case, I don't know why they would show Davos writing to the Iron Bank in the previous episode unless the Bank is going to play a big part in Stannis's storyline. So maybe that means the Bank will betray Littlefinger. I dunno.

I thought she was teasing him to make him want her more. She was playing mind games with him. Something Cersei instantly saw through, when she was manipulating the late King Joffery. In other words, Margaery knows what she's doing.

You want what you can't have, and she's giving the kid a taste but holding the goodies back.

He's going to be drooling over her for years....

There is only one God and it's between Margaery's legs.

Littlefinger pretty much confirmed that he's receiving support from the Iron Bank and / or has his own private army. If that's the case, I don't know why they would show Davos writing to the Iron Bank in the previous episode unless the Bank is going to play a big part in Stannis's storyline. So maybe that means the Bank will betray Littlefinger. I dunno.

Praise God!

Khezu

Does Jamie give a shit about his kids at all? I know he can't really show too much affection for them for obvious reasons, but he barely acknowledges their existence.

I mean I can understand why he wouldn't, as much as he loves his sister, those kids are a creepy reminder that he's fucked up.

Does Jamie give a shit about his kids at all? I know he can't really show too much affection for them for obvious reasons, but he barely acknowledges their existence.

I mean I can understand why he wouldn't, as much as he loves his sister, those kids are a creepy reminder that he's fucked up.

Definitely not Joffery (that scene with the book of Kings Guard made it look like Jami wanted to bitch slap the living shit out of him), as for the other two I think he cares, just not deeply.

Ferrio

Banned
Definitely not Joffery (that scene with the book of Kings Guard made it look like Jami wanted to bitch slap the living shit out of him), as for the other two I think he cares, just not deeply.

Gotta give it to jamie. Patience of a god to have your son talk shit to you and knowing you have to obey every word he says.

Nameless

I, for one, am itching to know everything I can about the Red God.

I love religious lore in fiction, and I agree. There's just too much that proves whatever the Lord of Light is, he's very, very real.

His light is pouring over you, friend.

If you buy what Melisandre says about a Lord of Darkness and Cold, then the White Walkers are most certainly his minions. It would make sense. Through him his followers turn the living into Ice Creatures and reanimate the dead, while the Lord of Light allows his disciples to bring the dead back to life, or back from "the darkness" as Beric describes it.

Also, Mormont says "They worship different gods beyond The Wall" when Jon grills him about Craster giving his sons to White Walkers. Could there be a sect of Dark Lord followers somewhere in the deep North, ensuring their White Walker overlords are supplied with newborns?

Curufinwe

I don't think that's the case at all. If anything I think her movements match her intentions. You can see she almost goes in for the kiss but moves up the forehead. I think she's trying to tease him and build him up to the point where he can't refuse her and that is her ultimate motive based on the anecdote Olenna told her about her husband

The idea that kiss was on the head due to producer holdback is utterly ludicrous.

CLEEK

The 'new friends' that Littlefinger was talking to Sansa about are clearly the Tyrells. Him and granny Tyrell were the ones who plotted and enacted Joffrey's poisoning.

The Tyrells are rich, so if Littlefinger has them on side, he wouldn't need the Iron Bank. Olenna was using this as the basis of the alliance with the Lannisters. She said as much to Tywin. That the King/Lannisters owned money to the Iron Bank and she could help.

His light is pouring over you, friend.

If you buy what Melisandre says about a Lord of Darkness and Cold, then the White Walkers are most certainly his minions. It would make sense. Through him his followers turn the living into Ice Creatures and reanimate the dead, while the Lord of Light allows his disciples to bring the dead back to life, or back from "the darkness" as Beric describes it.

It seems to me like it goes, from the bottom up: Dead people turned Wights ---> White Walkers ---> Horned Blue guy/guys

So far we know Wights are controlled by the White Walkers. Since the White Walker brought the baby, it seems they are controlled or at least serve the Blue Horned guys. Of course i'm assuming the figures standing in the distance are of the same race as the guy who touches the baby.

~Kinggi~

Banned
All i know is there is no way in hell this series will live up to the constant teases they deliver with every episode. Everything has been building to this giant dragon/demons/army confrontation seemingly for 4 seasons now there is just no way they will deliver. They will make their millions and then fans will eat them alive. So many cliffhanger teases.

Just realized that the head mutineer was the german scientist in Pacific Rim.

Shame he's probably getting what's coming to him (not really)

All i know is there is no way in hell this series will live up to the constant teases they deliver with every episode. Everything has been building to this giant dragon/demons/army confrontation seemingly for 4 seasons now there is just no way they will deliver. They will make their millions and then fans will eat them alive. So many cliffhanger teases.

I have more faith in GRRM than the Lost writers

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just realized that the head mutineer was the german scientist in Pacific Rim.

Shame he's probably getting what's coming to him (not really)

I like to dream they have a bunker of vfx artists somewhere working on the final battle for the 7th season or whatever. And then they win all the emmys. It's a nice fantasy.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

If Lost writers wrote GoT the final season would reveal that the world is in fact inside the eye of a giant and Denareys flies her dragons to find the Other eye where it's always spring and everyone lives happily ever after.

~Kinggi~

Banned
By the show's intentions and "canon", Jaime did not rape Cersei. But it sure as fuck LOOKED like it.

After 2nd viewing there was a moment where she embraced it like she wanted it. If she didnt say 'no' at the end i would have thought she was into it. It definitely did seem odd especially how his character has been more likeable lately. A misstep for sure.

Madrin

I'm not as concerned about the climax that GRRM writes as I am about HBO's version of it. If the series does end with a massive battle between all the armies, dragons, and White Walkers, I'm worried the show's budget constraints will hold it back big time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm not as concerned about the climax that GRRM writes as I am about HBO's version of it. If the series does end with a massive battle between all the armies, dragons, and White Walkers, I'm worried the show's budget constraints will hold it back big time.

The vfx work for this show has been above and beyond what you see in TV, without a doubt. This show draws enough numbers where i'd like to think they would splurge big time to send the series off.

Well the show is going to past the book eventually and once that happens HBO can just make up shit to please the audience.

Last season = A war with everyone for 10 straight episodes!

Just curious, how is this show doing with ratings and money? I'm pretty sure people joke about the lack of dragons due to the budget.

I've always just assumed it was a popular show. So that gets more money, right?

What's the plan with the white walkers? Will it play out with many battles or are they going with one large confrontation? Also was that the king of the white walkers in Sundays episode? I hope the war doesn't end with his death..

Showaddy

Just curious, how is this show doing with ratings and money? I'm pretty sure people joke about the lack of dragons due to the budget.

Bear in mind even with it's $80 million budget that's still split over 10 hours and a huge chunk of that goes towards the cast.

It's the most successful show in HBO's history and it's also outrageously expensive.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm was just wondering the other day how much the show must cost, I mean ROME was expensive as HELL but GoT seems to be even more expensive. So many different sets, costumes, actors, large scale battles with CGI, etc. It's gotta cost a whole lot of money.

Well above post said 80 million a season. Thats indeed expensive.

Madrin

Yeah, the last episode had the highest ratings of the series, and I believe it's HBO's second most-watched show ever behind The Sopranos.

I'm was just wondering the other day how much the show must cost, I mean ROME was expensive as HELL but GoT seems to be even more expensive. So many different sets, costumes, actors, large scale battles with CGI, etc. It's gotta cost a whole lot of money.

HBO does not release budget numbers of their show, but I would hazard a guess at 8 to 10 million an episode this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom