• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Around the office, we just say "Sho" and "Minazuki."

What was reasoning behind calling the persona-less Sho "SHO Minazuki" and the other one "Sho MINAZUKI?"

Now this is just my opinion, but it seems like the name SHO would fit better on a supernatural being, whereas "Sho" would make more sense for a regular person. (Well... regular, relative to the other Sho, haha)

CorvoSol

I'm all for including P1 and P2 characters and celebrating them and reconciling the old and the new.

But FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ever going back to the games playing like these first two. Persona 2 IS has got to be the most paradoxically easy and frustrating game I've ever played. I can murder everything in the area, but the real fight is making sure some ridiculous menu prompt isn't missed so I can progress the fight at a timely rate.

"ARE YOU OKAY WITH POSTING THIS?"
>Yes
>No
>You aren't even looking at the screen right now, are you?

NichM

Banned
What was reasoning behind calling the persona-less Sho "SHO Minazuki" and the other one "Sho MINAZUKI?"

Now this is just my opinion, but it seems like the name SHO would fit better on a supernatural being, whereas "Sho" would make more sense for a regular person. (Well... regular, relative to the other Sho, haha)

To emphasize those particular names. Like I said, to us they're "Sho" and "Minazuki," so the usage on the website was a way of getting that across while still using the same name for each. We don't actually call them "SHO" and "Sho."

I'm all for including P1 and P2 characters and celebrating them and reconciling the old and the new.

But FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ever going back to the games playing like these first two. Persona 2 IS has got to be the most paradoxically easy and frustrating game I've ever played. I can murder everything in the area, but the real fight is making sure some ridiculous menu prompt isn't missed so I can progress the fight at a timely rate.

"ARE YOU OKAY WITH POSTING THIS?"
>Yes
>No
>You aren't even looking at the screen right now, are you?

yep, again, that part is not in P2EP PS1 (or the PSP version either :( ) at all. (Wasn't even in IS PS1 either, no ARE YOU SURE? :p)

PK Gaming

To emphasize those particular names. Like I said, to us they're "Sho" and "Minazuki," so the usage on the website was a way of getting that across while still using the same name for each. We don't actually call them "SHO" and "Sho."
Oooh, I see it now. Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Dantis

That's pretty interesting, though I don't think it's conveyed to someone who hasn't been told.

Lemstar

sick must-watch yukari footage

chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

kewlmyc

I watched it happen, I wanted Smed to react but you will do :p

EDIT:

Smed, Persona is anime as confirmed by Nature's Valley.

https://twitter.com/NatureValley/status/461899400135344130

I still don't get it. I've been seeing a bunch of Nature's Valley X Anime stuff in the last two days. Is it some sort of contest?

ETA on that "significant news"?

My boss decided to send me on my first onsite job tomorrow. I'm excited and devastated at the same time. Can't believe I'm going to miss the stream.

cjkeats

I still don't get it. I've been seeing a bunch of Nature's Valley X Anime stuff in the last two days. Is it some sort of contest?

My boss decided to send me on my first onsite job tomorrow. I'm excited and devastated at the same time.
Someone randomly asked them who thier favorite Love Live! girl was and they replied with a surprisingly knowadgable answer. People have been harassing them about it since.

FluxWaveZ

The stream's gonna be Nico right? Will any of you kind souls be streaming it on twitch so those of us without Nico accounts can watch it?

A Niconico account is free. For this stream, one needs to live in Japan to watch it as it is region locked.

Edit: Also, that P4AU tier list posted earlier was made concerning versions before 1.10.

Nachos

That's understandable, especially when, aside from the writing, there really isn't much to differentiate them in the Japanese version, either. Still, it seems like a missed opportunity to not differentiate them more by renaming one in the English version. I don't know if you changed it, but the names in the VS screen for Arena 1 also were all-uppercase, so that distinction would be lost. Actual players ate much more likely to come up with their own nicknames, though, do I guess it doesn't matter that much.

The stream's gonna be Nico right? Will any of you kind souls be streaming it on twitch so those of us without Nico accounts can watch it?

I think someone said they were looking into it a while ago - Pan, I think? Don't quote me on that, though.

Lunar15

Any P-GAFers play Ys: Memories of Celceta? If so , is it good?

It's really really OK! I enjoyed it, for what it's worth, but it's not going to blow your mind. Story is ho-hum and the gameplay is addicting, if not at least a little repetitive.

Awesome music though!

All these positive impression of Ys! I got it on sale too :) Looking forward to playing it
eventually

Also, ASW pls nerf Narukami I can't deal with how OP he is. Although, I'm not familiar with Arena's tiers before console launch, how did they go about balancing it? I think I read that they didn't? lol

Squire

Banned
Wow, it sounds like it's really solid if not great! Thanks for the impressions guys, I'll take the plunge. Not sure when I'll start it as I'm in the midst of FFX-2 HD, but I wanna take advantage of the sale since, since like Sophia says, this is probably the cheapest it'll be for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom