• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most memorable, fake, E3 rumors

Randdalf

That leak of a third Golden Sun game, that I believe inspired Nintendo to actually get Camelot to make a third Golden Sun game. If I recall correctly, they specifically referred to "fan demand" when talking about the reason why they made that game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_inline_mfcy3duLom1qdw8jk.jpg

Memorable because of the people who thought it was legitimate.

Didn't Jeff Gerstmann make that list and leaked it for lolsies?

Anyway on topic, Darkstalkers 4 last year... because this time it had to happen right guys? They aren't working on anything right? Guys? :(

Toad.T

Banned
There was a time when people thought a Breaking Bad game and/or a Dr Mario MMO were coming to WiiU.

I honestly don't know which of those is less likely.

Phediuk

Every year the same Nintendo rumors pop up.

New Metroid, new F-Zero, Startropics revival, Zelda [insert fanfic-y subtitle here], Pokemon MMO, blah blah blah.

every year.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fucking Startropics by Retro. I don't even care about Startropics, but I sure as hell didn't need another Donkey Kong.

This one will definitely be remembered by me. On top of the oddity of it, the injoke across gaf of "fucking donkey kong" leading all the way up to the TF release, including the just as hilarious Cranky reveal.

- Valve showing Source 2 at E3 2010
- Skyward Sword would be a 'Cafe' launch title
- Microsoft buying the exclusive rights to Battlefront 3, demo to be shown live (pretty sure this one was from back in 2007 or 2008).

Pretty sure he said it would be revealed at E3. If nothing is revealed this year, we can safely say that was another wrong claim.

I don't recall that ever being mentioned in association with E3, just that Platinum was making something XBO exclusive (which ntkrnl backed up/nearly outright confirmed months later).

Still, the pamphlet in the OP and the mentions of Aries are pure nostalgia.

sn00zer

To be honest it does sound like fun to make up rumors....hell I wouldve killed to be the guy who came up with the 'push the truck near the SS Anne' rumor

pJK2rM8.jpg

GumShu: Bloody Afternoon on Nintendo Revolution.
This was actually a Tokyo Game Show rumor, not an E3 one, but it was both very fake and very memorable for sure.

Top Bottom