• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA Asks: Can't we all just get along?

Volcynika

http://www.atlus.com/sorry/

I got this email that had some funny things on it, and looks like we're getting an announcement this Tuesday!

card2.gif

(if you can't read the text)

I'm so very very sorry...

Dearest Player 1,

I'd like to apologize in advance for the following things:

Leaving you to die at the hands of a goblin.

Changing your name to "Buttface."

Sending a Robo-assassin to terminate you.

Blasting you with all sorts of nasty spells.

Convincing Players 2 and 3 to gang up on you.

Robbing you blind.

Also, I'm probably going to level up twice as fast as you, so I'm sorry that I'll wipe the floor with you every time we meet.

I hope we can still be chums after all this.

We'll find out this Tuesday at 10:00AM PST

Sincerely,

Player 4

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<!-- saved from url=(0083)mhtml:file://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Official Persona 3 Website.mht -->

Kagari said:
Arcana Heart fiasco?
Atlus never disclosed that they cut the JP VA from the US release, and through, perhaps, intentional miscommunications led fans to believe they hadn't cut it. Subsequently, fans find out at purchase, get pissed, etc...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mefisutoferesu said:
Atlus never disclosed that they cut the JP VA from the US release, and through, perhaps, intentional miscommunications led fans to believe they hadn't cut it. Subsequently, fans find out at purchase, get pissed, etc...

Ah :/

A public apology should go a long way, here. Companies in the games industry are almost always seem as arrogant and never admit to mistakes and/or try to downplay said mistakes.

Atlus is a small time publisher whose main audience is that of "niche gamers" who are often the most vocal of all gamers. Some gamers will buy their games simply becuase they want to finish off their collection of Atlus games for this gen. They more so than anyone need to keep their bonds strong as they cannot easily shift amongst groups of consumers to milk ala EA. If Atlus were to get a bad rep with the niche gamers, they would have nowhere to go in their portfolio to grab new gamers.

Teknoman

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
A public apology should go a long way, here. Companies in the games industry are almost always seem as arrogant and never admit to mistakes and/or try to downplay said mistakes.

Atlus is a small time publisher whose main audience is that of "niche gamers" who are often the most vocal of all gamers. Some gamers will buy their games simply becuase they want to finish off their collection of Atlus games for this gen. They more so than anyone need to keep their bonds strong as they cannot easily shift amongst groups of consumers to milk ala EA. If Atlus were to get a bad rep with the niche gamers, they would have nowhere to go in their portfolio to grab new gamers.

What? Its just some kinda funny promo for what sounds like a multiplayer fighting game or fighting game with RPG elements.

Could be some RPG with an online mode as well.

Tenks

Interesting.

4 players but its hard to tell if it is 4player co/op or 4player FFA. Maybe a mixture of both since it says he left him to die to a goblin (sounds like co/op) and then convinced player 2+3 to gang up on him (FFA.)

Maybe a Hack N Slash new IP? On/offline Hack N Slash PS3 RPG?! Do I dare dream?

Volcynika

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

Even IF they were apologizing, I think they'd do it much earlier than this.

I quoted the text since the picture's a bit small and put that in the OP btw.

Teknoman

Tenks said:
Interesting.

4 players but its hard to tell if it is 4player co/op or 4player FFA. Maybe a mixture of both since it says he left him to die to a goblin (sounds like co/op) and then convinced player 2+3 to gang up on him (FFA.)

Its possible, but why would we hear about it first? Unless its some kinda world wide reveal.

dfyb

Banned
Tenks said:
Interesting.

sounded like a diablo type game to me. co-op PvE with PvP also.

duckroll

Let's see what we know so far:

- game supports multiplayer, up to 4 players
- there's PvE against golbins
- a player can change another player's name
- a player can send/summon a robot to attack another player
- there are spells
- there is PvP
- players can rob each other

Any ideas?

Volcynika

Well Atlus USA only localizes games, so it has to be something out in Japan somewhere......or not.

Ugh. THEY LOVE TO LEAVE US IN SUSPENSE!

duckroll said:

- there are spells
- there is PvP

Any ideas?
Culdcept?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
duckroll said:

- there are spells
- there is PvP

Any ideas?

I dunno, but it sounds awesome.

Kind of reminds me of Runebound from the description:

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/21523

Tenks

There really can't be that many 4player games that Atlus would localize. I'm sure people more in the know with Japanese games will figure it out eventually. I'm not sure why but I'm really looking forward to this announcement.

Now if they'd get around to announcing Persona4 I'd be even happier.

duckroll

Paracelsus said:
How would you rate this "finding"? This title got any potential?

I don't know much about the series, so I have no idea. It looks cute and colorful, but not something I'm interested in at the moment. It was the Culdcept guess that actually tipped me off, because I started thinking of multiplayer board-game-like RPGs instead of Diablo-like ones. :D

Kipe

2cs9rn7.gif
9uvojo.gif
2wcl0fr.gif
2dska47.gif
amtvyu.gif
whatz.gif
3322ed3.gif
2ilhvlj.jpg
2m66dqw.jpg
1z3uoow.gif

I'm assuming they're announcing the ds game since it's a new game. Sting is also porting the ps2 game to wii so that might be announced by Atlus with the ds game.

duckroll

Actually thinking about it, Atlus USA could just be pulling another Baroque. It's probably Dokapon Kingdom for PS2/Wii.

jesusraz

Both the DS and Wii versions were meant to come out at the same time in Japan, but I think one's been slightly delayed...I wonder if they'll come to the US at the same time, though?

Top Bottom