• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching some persona 3 stuff and my memory on the answer is a little fuzzy, and I don't remember it being mentioned in the Journey, but
What is life's greatest question? I know they talk about The protagonist finding the answer to it, but I can not for the life of me remember what it is.
Aren't they talking about death?

Thanks again, TrueSelf! I'll use Elizabeth for now
because the Margaret one wouldn't work for me when I tried it :(

I just tried all of the new GAF avatars on my own account, and they all uploaded and displayed fine. I'm not sure why it's not working for you... :(

Aren't they talking about death?
I don't think so at least. I'm thinking the question is like" why is life worth living. I'm trying to search for it but I can't find a definite answer.
Edit:
They give the answer to the question at the end of The Answer. I just watched the ending to it,but I can't seem to find the question itself being directly stated in the game.

HeelPower

Is it possible to make Yumi my GF ? I really feel sorry for her character and I declined Chie hoping Yumi could be a GF.I reached level 9 and nothing happened yet :/

228px-P4-Yumi.jpg
The side characters in P4 are really amazing imo...Such down to earth stories that are rarely seen in mainstream entertainment.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
You could of given here the title of the Ultimate Tsundere, but I think one other purse owner has her even beat in that category.
gW4K1Rd.png

You know, now that i've been reminded about Yukari being in P4AU, it gets me thinking about how she and the other P3 ladies are going to be about
Makoto (If he returns). Maybe Yukari might still be in love with him and hasn't gotten over him yet? I hope she has moved on personally. As for Aigis well her P4A story says it all and even Mitsuru is thinking about Makoto. Oh an Liz's quest

pan-hime

Man, that's a great opening.

The first part is super stylish. The second part is full derp.

Atlus should stop getting Madhouse to do their openings. They're no good at it. These guys are a lot better (It's the guys who did the P4 cutscenes, right?).

it's AIC ASTA, so no.

Sophia

Man, that's a great opening.

The first part is super stylish. The second part is full derp.

Atlus should stop getting Madhouse to do their openings. They're no good at it. These guys are a lot better (It's the guys who did the P4 cutscenes, right?).

Pretty sure A-1 Pictures (AIC ASTA) is doing the animated cutscenes, not MadHouse.

kewlmyc

then where's
"Ikutsuki's"
glasses in there then?

The person in question has the same hairstyle (huge forhead and straight hair with it being slightly curly toward the end. Also has the same button up jacket. You can sort-of make out the glasses as well, but the quality is kinda crap, so you can't see it all that well.

Setsu00

I know MadHouse isn't doing it. That's what I was saying. MadHouse's openings are shiiiiit.

I thought it was the guys who did the P4 cutscenes.

I'm pretty sure MadHouse doing the cutscenes for Atlus was a result of Madhouse being part of Index.

Dantis

I'm pretty sure MadHouse doing the cutscenes for Atlus was a result of Madhouse being part of Index.

Probably! Golden, both Arena openings and Ultimax's opening are all real bad though.

The PQ one is more in line with past games. Reminds me a lot of Persona 1 Portable's, actually (the first half does, anyway).

pan-hime

The person in question has the same hairstyle (huge forhead and straight hair with it being slightly curly toward the end. Also has the same button up jacket. You can sort-of make out the glasses as well, but the quality is kinda crap, so you can't see it all that well.

but the person has one button row
oovtAno.png

Sophia

I know MadHouse isn't doing it. That's what I was saying. MadHouse's openings are shiiiiit.

I thought it was the guys who did the P4 cutscenes.

You need to word your posts better so people don't get confused. :p

Originally it was cited as AIC ASTA (Persona 4 anime) as doing the cutscenes for Persona Q, however something seems to have happened with them. A-1 Productions (who did the cutscenes for vanilla Persona 4) took over a lot of their projects, including the P3 movies. Duckroll would know more details, I imagine. >_>

I quite liked MadHouse's work on Persona 4 Arena. It looks like they're doing the sequel. Pretty sure the opening to Persona 4 Golden was a design choice anyhow, and not because of the studio. :p

abrack08

but the person has one button row
oovtAno.png

Looks like two columns of buttons to me, but the left one is (mostly) blocked. I think you can see the middle button of the left column surrounded by whatever the blue thing is (somebody's arm? I'm at work so I can't watch the video or mess with it in paint/photoshop to highlight what I'm talking about)

Got it.

And thanks everyone for the feedback!

Banned! D:

Super Deformed makes anything forgettable.
Persona Q is easily forgettable.
No. If anything, this change of style makes it memorable in comparison of other titles.
Doesn't the game flat out tell you in the beginning 5 minutes that they end up forgetting each other at the end?
Well yeah but there are still things to be discovered like what are Rei and Zen and who brought both Personas team to this dimension.
Is the game even canon?
Wait what? Persona Q is cannon?
uhhhhhhh. Somebody please explain to me how :lol
Looks like it. Each festival is happening in its own timeline, but suddenly they all got suck into this new dimension or whatever and at the end they forget the events of it (Excepto for the protagonists it seems) and return to their original timelines and everything happens as normal.

MAN! Such an amazing intro! Probably my favorite one yet. I also think it's Ikutsuki because he appears right after Mitsuru, Aki and Shinji. But on other hand, it could also be someone neutral like that weird thing that appears at the end of the P3 walking. And yeah, those seem to the very first bosses since they all have appeared in one trailer or another. It seems the real action or story progession starts after the fourth dungeon.

Daimaou

It's Alice, even if it's not MegaTen Alice.

The book opens and reveals an Alice in Wonderland set. It's flanked by card soldiers and the Queen of Hearts is on a castle in the background. You can also see the Cheshire Cat and Rabbit beside her.

Tamanon

Banned
I thought those bits where you see what looks like Ikutsuki were signifying the game they came from. Since the P4 guys had school and shrine. So it would make sense if he was just there in the background, signifying the dorm.

I tried as hard as I could to stay away from here for a bit after seeing that someone posted the Intro, but I just couldn't resist the temptation.
It is really good, it's fun quirky and colorful, like P4Gs, except this one includes all of our favorite characters, making it automatically better aha.

Lunar15

I thought those bits where you see what looks like Ikutsuki were signifying the game they came from. Since the P4 guys had school and shrine. So it would make sense if he was just there in the background, signifying the dorm.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well.

So, I hate talking about things being cute, but Aigis and Teddie spinning around is actually adorable.

The whole thing was pretty adorable. I really liked the part where Junpei jumps down and bros out with Akihiko and Yosuke.

Hugstable

Banned
I can't wait til Persona Q releases. Been seeing just little tidbits of info here and there, but Persona mixed with EO/Strange Journey exploring and mapping is gonna be so great. I hope they take advantage and really make the dungeons fun to explore with traps, teleporter puzzles and the such. I'm a sucker for these kinda games.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is most likely launching in September—September 30 from the placeholders—and that's most likely the first upcoming Persona game we'll be getting.
My bad I was still going by the September 16 Best Buy date of Ultimax, and I had the faintest glimmer of hope Q might come out the same month. Oh well, Ultimax will tide me over until Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom