• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

Myths

Assuming FFXV ever gets a damn release, this makes at least two FF titles for next-gen consoles!

(Is it a crime to hope for a Third Birthday HD??)

Vashetti

Banned
On Vita... well, Sony tried/is trying to get SE to do it but SE is so stubborn.

Were they not happy with FFX/X-2 sales on Vita?

Or was that port purely an obligation and they had no Vita plans after that if it was successful?

Would a potential FFXII HD come to Vita?

Rising_Hei

Shahid linked to the blog post on his Twitter. Also, he tweeted a couple of times mentioning this and the #jrpgvita initiative. So it implies that he and his team have been working on localizing this game for Vita, and yet it shows on other platforms.

In addition to that, in following tweets, Shahid has said he is fighting to bring it to Vita (even saying/joking that his job depends on it right now), so there is definitely some responsibility on Sony's side.

It just means that Square Enix are being *****, Sony is not to blame if they tried hard but SE doesn't listen.

Wereroku

If Sony want this on the Vita, they probably are going to have to port it themselves like with Borderlands 2.

Square usually doesn't let other people touch their stuff so I don't know if they would let them. I would try to get square to let me release the original psp game translated seems more likely to me since Square is over the Vita.

It looks really good from what I can see.

If they are doing a remake more than a remaster I'm all for the console versions.

Here's a question:

Why can't Square just bundle Crisis Core + PSP Type-0 (+subtitles) on PSN, for Vita?

Surely, that'd be better than getting nothing out of this whole debacle?

Either way, I own a PS4 - I just don't won't buy it for that system.

This is such a muck up, which would be easy to make right - based on my suggestion/question.

Lain

Glad I missed this... cluster-fuck as it was going down or I'd have been angry.
Cool that type-0 will release in the West in some form, kinda low to that it's not coming at all out on Vita and, let me be honest, I don't see how someone can make such a mistake when announcing this.
It feels as if I had read a message like this:
"Vita fans in the West, you've been clamoring for this game for so long and we heard you loud and clear! Here, have it! On X1 and PS4.".
Ahaha, what a bunch of trolls.

UberTag

If Sony want this on the Vita, they probably are going to have to port it themselves like with Borderlands 2.
Even if they did and it outsold the combined release on PS4/Xbox One, Square Enix would still treat the platform like a red-headed stepchild.
Type-0 is nothing more than a convenient FFXV buffer for them to outsource to the Chinese while claiming that their resources are tied up and it's not the right time to reveal more details on its progress.

Wereroku

Here's a question:

Why can't Square just bundle Crisis Core + PSP Type-0 (+subtitles) on PSN, for Vita?

Surely that'd be better than getting nothing out of this whole debacle.

Either way, I own a PS4 - I just don't won't buy it for that system.

This is such a muck up, which would be easy to make right - based in my suggestion/question.
I think it solely because Square does not care about the Vita or its audience and does not see any money in it. It may be to the point where Sony would have to pay them to release something like that and that might not even work. Apathy is much stronger than spite in this case.

Cool that type-0 will release in the West in some form, kinda low to that it's not coming at all out on Vita and, let me be honest, I don't see how someone can make such a mistake when announcing this.
"Vita fans in the West, you've been clamoring for this game for so long and we heard you loud and clear! Here, have it! On X1 and PS4.".

Sickest joke in gaming ever

I wonder if it was considered such a forgone conclusion that it'd get released on Vita in some form that the person making the announcement tripped up. Doesn't excuse the mistake, but now I'm finding a little humor in the situation. SE will do the exact opposite of what you'd like and expect.

Gonna forget about SE from here on out.

I was hoping after FFX/X2 on Vita we would get FFXII eventually but this is just a massive screw you from SE to Vita owners.

Hoping for FFXII if this was passed over would just be ridiculous.
Have fun with Type 0, PS4/X1 owners.

Zephyx

On Vita... well, Sony tried/is trying to get SE to do it but SE is so stubborn.

Thanks for the answer.

Well, all that came out of this is at least Sony tried. Already accepted the fact it's not coming over since this is SE we're talking about. I'm not ready to jump to next gen without FFXV but this may do it for me.

What you say may be partly true but it is a really sick joke.

Does anyone know how well/poorly the F2P stuff is in Agito?

It released in Japan already if I recall, so I'm curious if anyone has played that version.

lights

OT: People on the blog are rioting.

Yeah one of the comments:

+ saifiq on June 10th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY
#NOVITANOBUY

u_neek

...but this is just a massive screw you from SE to Vita owners.
All four of you?

Just kidding of course, but releasing it on consoles makes so much more sense from a financial perspective. Can't you all just be happy that they're actually bringing it over and play it on your Vitas via Remote Play?

ZeroX03

Banned
So what happened? Type-0 HD gets announced, Sony accidentally says it's coming to Vita, turns out it's only PS4 and XB1 and then Vita fans proceed to melt down?

EDIT: And that post says "localization of Type-0 is officially underway". Didn't we already confirm translation and voice acting were done a year~ ago, or are they redoing it?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Whoa! I just read the article again and noticed something. It says that Type-0 is coming to Europe and other PAL countries so it's not coming out for North America?

Edit: Okay, the original article states Europe and PAL but US PS BLOG says it is coming to North America. Yay!

Go_Ly_Dow

no Vita release is probably down to low sales expectations, but could also be down to them wanting to migrate some of the FF fanbase over to PS4 in Japan in anticipation for XV.

RpgN

All four of you?

Just kidding of course, but releasing it on consoles makes so much more sense from a financial perspective. Can't you all just be happy that they're actually bringing it over and play it on your Vitas via Remote Play?

Not this again.

Not all Vita owners own a PS4.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
There always has to be some sort of drama, doesn't there.

I'll get this game on PS4 and enjoy it, might even crossplay with it on the Vita.

UberTag

Whoa! I just read the article again and noticed something. It says that Type-0 is coming to Europe and other PAL countries so it's not coming out for North America?
You're correct on that point. Europe & PAL does not equal North America. Perhaps we'll get a different press release.

So is this going to get a substancial graphical update?. Or just the average resolution increase and some texture work?

It just seems weird that they would skip a Ps3/360 release

This is what I'm wondering too. Skipping the PS3,360,and the Vita altogether seems really weird if Square isn't taking advantage of the extra power the next gen systems have to offer.

Ironjam

All four of you?

Didnt know this game came with a free ps4!
No possible way anyone might have a vita but doesnt own a ps4!
Yup, definitely none.

Nipo

Were they not happy with FFX/X-2 sales on Vita?

Or was that port purely an obligation and they had no Vita plans after that if it was successful?

Would a potential FFXII HD come to Vita?

I was optimistic after X/X2 sold well but apparently not. If we aren't getting type 0 I don't think there is any chance of vita getting XII

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
You're correct on that point. Europe & PAL does not equal North America. Perhaps we'll get a different press release.
I just edited my post because the US Playstation Blog says it is coming to NA unless they wrong. Googlefu shows other articles say it is coming here too.

All four of you?

Yeah let me go throw down another 400 bones in addition to what I threw down for the Vita to play a PSP HD game on my portable that was ported to console to play on the portable.

Sound logic

Top Bottom