• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
King's Landing is no longer the focus of the show me thinks. It's going to be all about Stannis, Snow and Bran in the North, Tyrion and Varys in whatever place they sail to, Arya in Braavos, Littlefinger and Sansa in the Vale and Daenerys in some vaguely Persian city
Yeah, it seems like more and more of the cast is congregating in the East. I wonder if we'll see Daenerys' first contact with some of the others next season, or maybe that's still premature.

6iuXh3Q.jpg

What does he use to wipe himself?

Can't say I can see them staying around for much longer next season.
That's true. Jaime hates Loras and Cercei hates Margery. Without Tywin calling the shots there will probably be a fallout and since neither of them seem too bright and the family is broke I'm guessing the lannisters will crash and burn soon and vacate the throne. Who will take it though?

Complistic

Anyone know any good places to get screen grabs of this show, just in general? I'm looking for high quality large screen grabs. I need a new desktop and I want to browse a collection from the finale. My google fu has failed me, yet I'm sure someone here can help me.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Great EP. So many good scenes but the fight between the hound and Bernie was the best fight to date in the series. Kinda mad that arya didn't mercy kill the hound that seemed unusually cruel for her character. My man Tyrion officially the goat.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyone know any good places to get screen grabs of this show, just in general? I'm looking for high quality large screen grabs. I need a new desktop and I want to browse a collection from the finale. My google fu has failed me, yet I'm sure someone here can help me.
They're buried now but TheOddOne always posts some good screen. Maybe he can link to his prev. posts.

I think Cersei will be the hand

She's already queen regent. Basically in charge, especially with Tywin gone. I'm guessing the new hand will be some weak ass pawn like Mace Tyrell.

Soule

"I'm not going North, child, we're going home"
"Where's home?"
"The Free City of Braavos"

"did she convince the guy to take her north when she showed him the coin?"

I think his point was that he changed his mind when she showed the coin, did he just change his mind to take her on board or change the destination as well? I was confused as well on first view because she never says to take her to Braavos and he never suggests he take her there instead. In fact it made sense to me that she was just upping the ante since he didn't want coins and since he was Braavosi he might take that iron coin instead to take her North. Anyhow Braavos makes more sense since she romanticizes it and it seems much more interesting, I wanna see her go full assassin.

Why not they have the upper hand now, Grandma is going to be running things.

I think it's going to be Cersei who's in charge again. Tywin did everything possible to ensure the Tyrells would stay allied with the Lannisters as it was mutually beneficially to both parties (Lannisters have the Tyrell's gold and Tyrell have a queen on the throne) but now that looks to be in danger. Will Cersei still have Tommen wed Margaery to maintain their alliance or will her motherly instincts take over to protect the only child she has left in King's Landing? I think the latter will likely happen.

Stannis will have a pretty good chance of taking the throne by force next season.

Oh Tywin, I'm gonna miss that magnificent bastard.
The fight between Brienne and the Hound was so intense. I was yelling at the screen, but I didn't know who to root for. I came to like the Hound after all this time we've spent with him, but Brienne is...well...motherfucking Brienne of Tarth.
Also, I was legit surprised to see a living member of the Children of The Forest. I can't wait to see where they go with that next season.

Edit: lol I don't know what's going on with the Mountain, but it's actually kind of interesting. Is he gonna become a hulked out Zombie or something??
It's gonna be a long wait for season 5.

Fusebox

Banned
She wanted initially to go North, but the captain said they're going to Braavos. She used the coin to get passage to Braavos.

I got the impression she used the coin to convince the captain to change course to the North, will have to rewatch that bit.

I think it's going to be Cersei who's in charge again. Tywin did everything possible to ensure the Tyrells would stay allied with the Lannisters as it was mutually beneficially to both parties (Lannisters have the Tyrell's gold and Tyrell have a queen on the throne) but now that looks to be in danger. Will Cersei still have Tommen wed Margaery to maintain their alliance or will her motherly instincts take over to protect the only child she has left in King's Landing? I think the latter will likely happen.

Stannis will have a pretty good chance of taking the throne by force next season.

I think Cersei's unhinged instincts would be to push the Tyrells away, but I dont know what she can do if Tommen insists that he wants to marry Marge.

Oh Tywin, I'm gonna miss that magnificent bastard.
The fight between Brienne and the Hound was so intense. I was yelling at the screen, but I didn't know who to root for. I came to like the Hound after all this time we've spent with him, but Brienne is...well...motherfucking Brienne of Tarth.
Also, I was legit surprised to see a living member of the Children of The Forest. I can't wait to see where they go with that next season.

This is exactly how I felt :>

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I got the impression she used the coin to convince the captain to change course to the North, will have to rewatch that bit.
I think Bravos is where she really wants to go, considering her path so far. Plus it's basically across the ocean from the Vale. She's not going to the wall.

Nameless

Haven't marked out like this in a while during a show.The One True King and the One True Hand of the King bringing the Lord's warmth to the North

true-king1.gif

Arya lost a ton of respect in my book this episode. Not giving the hound a mercy death was so cold-blooded and the most despicable thing I've seen a Stark do this entire series.

I went back to season 1 episode 2 to see what exactly the hound did to get on her shit list. He killed Arya's friend under orders. It's not clear who gave the orders, but it was likely either Robert Baratheon or Cersei after they believed the lies that both Joffrey and Sansa told. The hound didn't take pleasure in it or anything like the other men on Arya's list. He was just following orders that came from about as high up as possible. But Arya gave those other men a relatively clean death, and leaves the hound to a slow death begging for her to kill him?

This is a man who's been protecting her and trying to reunite her with her family for what has probably been months. Sure, he had selfish reasons, but they were still noble. He could have very easily taken her to the Lannisters, who would probably forgive him for abandoning his post after delivering such a valuable hostage.

I thought Arya was beginning to bond with the hound a little too, offering to disinfect his wound and just silently learning from him. The hound himself was starting to trust her, lowering his guard around her and letting her stitch his wound.

The beginning of this episode had a scene that really stood out to me. The very first thing Stannis says after Jon Snow mentions his father is Ned Stark is that Ned was an honorable man, almost like it was instinct. Then he asked Jon what his father would do in their situation. You can see the respect he has for the Starks and listens to Jon's request. We're reminded early in the episode that the Starks are synonymous with honor. We even see that in a previous episode when Sansa is giving her speech. She mentions how badly the Lannisters treated her, but she is quick to defend Tyrion's name, even though that does not help her sob-story.

Arya doing such an unhonorable thing to the hound is so against her family's values that I can't even really see her as a Stark anymore. She has been becoming more and more of a psychopath the last 2 seasons. I'm interested to see where her story goes, but I worry for her character.

I wonder where the Brienne story is going. Is she going to just reach the Vale early next season and see Sansa is nice and safe there, and then just become a supporting character in the whole Sansa/Littlefinger storyline? Seems a bit boring.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Haven't marked out like this in a while during a show.The One True King and the One True Hand of the King bringing the Lord's warmth to the North

true-king1.gif
Honestly I wouldn't be so sure of Stannis if it wasn't for Davos. The best hand a king could ask for. They got this.

Arya lost a ton of respect in my book this episode. Not giving the hound a mercy death was so cold-blooded and the most despicable thing I've seen a Stark do this entire series.

I went back to season 1 episode 2 to see what exactly the hound did to get on her shit list. He killed Arya's friend under orders. It's not clear who gave the orders, but it was likely either Robert Baratheon or Cersei after they believed the lies that both Joffrey and Sansa told. The hound didn't take pleasure in it or anything like the other men on Arya's list. He was just following orders that came from about as high up as possible. But Arya gave those other men a relatively clean death, and leaves the hound to a slow death begging for her to kill him?

This is a man who's been protecting her and trying to reunite her with her family for what has probably been months. Sure, he had selfish reasons, but they were still noble. He could have very easily taken her to the Lannisters, who would probably forgive him for abandoning his post after delivering such a valuable hostage.

I thought Arya was beginning to bond with the hound a little too, offering to disinfect his wound and just silently learning from him. The hound himself was starting to trust her, lowering his guard around her and letting her stitch his wound.

The beginning of this episode had a scene that really stood out to me. The very first thing Stannis says after Jon Snow mentions his father is Ned Stark is that Ned was an honorable man, almost like it was instinct. Then he asked Jon what his father would do in their situation. You can see the respect he has for the Starks and listens to Jon's request. We're reminded early in the episode that the Starks are synonymous with honor. We even see that in a previous episode when Sansa is giving her speech. She mentions how badly the Lannisters treated her, but she is quick to defend Tyrion's name, even though that does not help her sob-story.

Arya doing such an unhonorable thing to the hound is so against her family's values that I can't even really see her as a Stark anymore. She has been becoming more and more of a psychopath the last 2 seasons. I'm interested to see where her story goes, but I worry for her character.

she's alive, honor gets you killed

bounchfx

true-king1.gif

This gif is just so goddam bad ass. Thinking about 'the True King' coming to take back what's his and looking at that bad ass hand next to him man I'm just excited for the next season now.

VeeP

She's learning how to play the game. Ask Ned where his honor got him.

Aryas becoming a badass. My favorite character in the show.

She's learning how to play the game. Ask Ned where his honor got him.

Aryas becoming a badass. My favorite character in the show.

How does being merciless to the hound help her in any way? To prove to herself she can play with the likes of Ramsay and Cersei?

She's slowly becoming like the people on her own list.

I just find it hard take Stannis seriously anymore after a fella in here said he has a swag rating of 14/100. lol. It was something I've never thought of before hearing it, but now that I did I totaly agree with that description. And every time I see him, I remember that line and I just laugh. It's like GRRM written him in the story to forever take L's from someone at some point. I do hope his story gets better in season 5, but not at the expense of Jon Snow or any other Stark.

Jesus, the look that Melissandre gave Jon Snow made me like this
thumb.gif
.. I mean she is good looking but that look she gave was creepy as fuck.

Ferrio

Banned

Jaqen tells her if she ever needs to find him again, show the coin to a bravossi. It's pretty clear cut where she's going.

Nerokis

How does being merciless to the hound help her in any way? To prove to herself she can play with the likes of Ramsay and Cersei?

In the Rolling Stone interview discussed earlier (which I highly recommend, if you don't mind being ever so slightly less blind going forward), GRRM discusses how core to the series the theme of "redemption" is. Is redemption possible, and if so, when? Arya strikes me as one interpretation of that question: no, after doing something particularly horrible, you're beyond redemption - even if I've come to somewhat like you personally. She has her list of people who have been bad to those she cares for, and after everything she's experienced, it seems to be very difficult to get yourself removed from that list.

I don't think she's remotely comparable to Ramsay, Cersei, or any of those people. She's become somewhat twisted, sure, but far from a sociopath.

Brofist

I love how when Arya pulled out the coin, the ship captain changed from "get the fuck off my ship" to "oh damn, show her to the VIP room"

Violet_0

Banned

well, maybe she just couldn't bring herself to kill him either

her kill list is pretty useless though when everyone on it dies because of somebody else

Finally saw the whole season thanks to my friend's DVR.

I would just like to thank the people that spoiled Oberyn dying by way of The Mountain in a fucking Uncharted thread. Kinda takes all the tension out of the fight when you know he gets done like Poseidon in God of War III.

Finally saw the whole season thanks to my friend's DVR.

I would just like to thank the people that spoiled Oberyn dying by way of The Mountain in a fucking Uncharted thread. Kinda takes all the tension out of the fight when you know he gets done like Poseidon in God of War III.

Wow, way to spoil God of War III asshole.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Holy shit at the fight between the Hound and Brienne! WOW. I thought the Hound had her but she suddenly goes all Rocky on his ass and beats the hell out of him. I knew she was tough but THAT tough ... didn't expect that. She beat the Hound man to man, not because of flash with the Sword or anything.
Yea the Hound took too long and hit her enrage timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom