• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

Better tag would be, Owned by Dyack.

Btw awesome thread! Also I look forward to Too Human, Eternal Darkness is one of my all time favorites. I also liked Twin Snakes.

PS I am FOR!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
eznark said:
<AWKWARD PAUSE>

<educated statement about the difference between slaves and peasants>

Madman

Wow. You are that bothered by GAF's reaction? You do realize that plenty of games/developers get flamed here as well, right?

This bet makes no sense. Who defines how Too Human turns out? It's already established fanbase that would think the same of it no matter what? Those who have trolled the game that would think the same of it no matter what? NPD results? Gaming critics? Me? You?

How about we just let things go as they may and not have this thread?

For
-player co-op? Please?
What the heck, I guess that I'm a for even with just two players. There are not exactly a plethora of co-op non-FPS games right now.

eznark

Banned
thetrin said:
<educated statement about the difference between slaves and peasants>

at this moment, Shane's people stopped holding up cue cards.

Put me in the "Keeping an open mind" camp, but I played it at the last Microsoft event and had a good time, so.

you've played it so us hiveminders don't care about your opinion.

Nolan.

Y2Kev said:
lol at everyone saying against

it's like even people who trash this game 24/7 are saying for and then the hardcore clueless trolls are like "AGAINST!!! I HAT DENIS AND HIS CRAPPY GAME!!"

I find it equally funny with all this ''I am for''. Just gives me flashes of some spoofy cliche teen movie where everyone stands up against the school bitches that told you your clothes are crappy. Anyway on a lighter note I wonder what Jade Raymond thinks about Too Human, that might decide the game's fate.

Dyno

Denis, as a fellow Canadian/Ontarian I am saying you better damn well deliver after all these dramatics because the honour of our soil is on the bloody line.

I'm For! Partially because it's looking like it will be fun and partially out of national support and pride.

Seriously dude, I'm either driving up up to St. Catherines for you to sign my copy or else I'm driving up there for an apology.

And apology beer: the bitterist beer of all.

fse

I'll see after the demo, but im excited for it lol.
Keep making great games dennis :D
Ignore the trolls on here, they can make this place a shithole at times if you aren't on their "devs to kiss ass to" list or aren't a sacred cow. :)

duckroll

Denis Dyack said:
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

I'm glad that you feel Too Human is a great game, seeing how you're the one making it, if you thought it wasn't a great game that would be worrying. It's great that you feel it's the best game you've never made too, but that really means nothing to me. None of that really translates into why the game is great or how the game is great. Your job is to convince other people that the game is worth buying, not convince yourself. :)

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

That's a pretty shallow and unfair bet there. I mean, what rules would we be using? Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"? Furthermore, this seem unfair as you don't really post much on the forum at all. If the game fails, it is likely that you would not post ever again here. What good would a tag do in that case?

v0yce

WrikaWrek said:
How about this, pass 3rd grade and learn what the word "most" means. Then come back and purpose shit.

He didn't said that. And why are you posting in this thread if you don't give a shit about the game?

You too, pass 3rd grade and then come back. Jesus christ, why don't people know how to read?

:lol :lol :lol

Denis,

Every game of yours that I have played (Eternal Darkness, MGS:TTS, and I dabbled in LoK: Blood Omen) I have throughly enjoyed. You get a lot of shit for seemingly no reason (GAF is upset that you have the motivation and follow-thru to lose a ton of weigh, no doubt). I am throughly looking forward to Too Human, even if it does only have 2-player co-op.

StrikerObi - "For"

xbhaskarx

lawblob said:
For

Any developer with the stones to interact with GAF like this gets my respect. You the man, Denis.

Agreed.

FOR
FOR
FOR

but no "four" player co-op, sadly :-(

I have been looking forward to this game for years, GAF cannot kill the hype for me.

Demo ASAP please, Dyack!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Madman said:
Wow. You are that bothered by GAF's reaction? You do realize that plenty of games/developers get flamed here as well, right?

This bet makes no sense. Who defines how Too Human turns out? It's already established fanbase that would think the same of it no matter what? Those who have trolled the game that would think the same of it no matter what? NPD results? Gaming critics? Me? You?

How about we just let things go as they may and not have this thread?

Why?

What the hell is your problem, and others who are like "Noo, noooooo, don't make this thread, lock this thread."

Stop being so uptight about the internet, and either roll with it, or just get out of the way?

v0yce said:
:lol :lol :lol

Oh "he didn't say that".

Look mommy, i'm not English and i made a grammar mistake. On the internet no less.

Ricker

So what's the score so far...Dennis i hope you are counting this because i sure won't...

Looks like the FOR are in the lead and by a lot :D

Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"?

Below 65% on metacritic, and a demo to retail purchase ratio of under 6%.

Not my criteria of course.

edit: if we do get a title change.... "Denis Dyack - You are For me, or Against me"

Now who was the last person to use that sort of statement....hmmm... was his mission accomplished?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I think it's going to end up being an 8.0/B type of game which is good enough, but probably a disappointment for those wanting a "AAA" gem. That's the "feel" I'm getting, anyway, but I'll certainly love to be proven wrong.

Reave

duckroll said:
I'm glad that you feel Too Human is a great game, seeing how you're the one making it, if you thought it wasn't a great game that would be worrying. It's great that you feel it's the best game you've never made too, but that really means nothing to me. None of that really translates into why the game is great or how the game is great. Your job is to convince other people that the game is worth buying, not convince yourself. :)

That's a pretty shallow and unfair bet there. I mean, what rules would we be using? Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"? Furthermore, this seem unfair as you don't really post much on the forum at all. If the game fails, it is likely that you would not post ever again here. What good would a tag do in that case?
I agree.

How about you release the god damn demo before you go off on this dramatic tirade.

Honestly, one of the things that makes me dislike the game is your attitude. Don't get me wrong, you and the gang at Silicon Knights are great developers, but this "if you don't like it you're wrong" attitude really puts me off and less likely to give your games a try. Instead of coming on here and calling everyone out and asking us to play your silly guessing game on whether this game is going to be good, how about you tell us when this demo is coming out, and let us play it and decide how we feel about your product.

Against. Solely due to your attitude.

Busty

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

This is a very noble gesture Denis, but you do realise this thread is going to swamped with members voting against the game just so they can have a tag, even if it does signal them as being 'owned'.

For the record I have no feelings towards this game either positive or negative, but I am interested to see if it can manage to get out from under the considerable amount negative 'buzz' it's managed to aquire over the last few years.

Should make for an interesting thread anyway.

Man when it rains in this forum, it truly pours! :lol

The more I think about this though, the more I gotta admit I'll probably like it. I enjoyed Blood Omen, Eternal Darkness, and Twin Snakes. So honestly, I have no reason not to BELIEVE it will be good. So call me "For"

And bravo for posting on GAF. Its like willingly being dangled in front of a massive pool of shark infested waters. You will get eaten alive...you will!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Speevy said:
Did this thread strike someone as a good idea?

Itagaki wouldn't even start this thread, and he's insane.

I wonder if someone remade the 1st Blood Omen if Dyack would petition a "for or against" thread on the game rather than saying its no good, and his subordinates suck.

eve241

NinjaFridge said:
Please don't group me along with the Against crowd or the For crowd. I don't give a shit about this game, it isn't on my radar at all. He says that gamers will agree that this is the best game they ever made - what if they don't? What if they just don't like the game? Are they wrong for having a difference of opinion? This thread is asking for people to be tagged for having a different opinion on a game which is just stupid.

You're missing the point. There are three options here. Ignoring the questions or not answering it, saying "For" and saying "Against".

Bashers haven't simply stated their opinion on the media thus far, they went on and on on how the game will suck. It's not unbiased criticism for the most part.

Then there are those who are confident that it will be something special.

And then there are others who don't care about the game, didn't made comments on the media, are waiting to see how good it is or something else.

This is a thread for those that are partial about TH. The thing is, there are some who have trashed it for no good reason that don't want to acknowledge they are being biased.

Btw, someone said it best. What better punishment for those "FOR" than having to pay 60€ (or whatever) to play a bad game. :)

Perdew

After reading through this thread now, I do feel you have unfair conditions and that Duckroll has a good point, so I'll take my side plus conditions:

AGAINST

You have to beat the Metacritic score of my personal favorite game, Ikaruga HD:

3. Xbox 360: Ikaruga (2008) 88
Treasure

88? Not too bad, right. I'll take whatever tag you want, be it 'owned by Dyack' or 'Banned'. If it's below, I will 100% not purchase your game, and make sure nobody in my immediate family or friends purchases it, either!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Y2Kev said:
lol at everyone saying against

it's like even people who trash this game 24/7 are saying for and then the hardcore clueless trolls are like "AGAINST!!! I HAT DENIS AND HIS CRAPPY GAME!!"
Why would anyone say no. Dyack will get this new tag whether 1 person or 1 million say against.

NEUTRAL!

C4Lukins

duckroll said:

I would say an 8 out 10 on metacritic is a decent line. If it is above that then it certainly is unworthy of all the hate that has been thrown at it and if it is below that line then it is certainly not critically acclaimed enough for all the boasting. Just let it be a fun simple line like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom