• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

Diablos said:
I really want to play your game, Denis, but I am disappointed that you had to display such childish antics. Really, though -- it's your game. It has been in development for quite some time. Anything less than you saying how amazing you think it is would no doubt come as a surprise to everyone.

Neither for nor against. I'll download the demo and go from there (was a "For" before you made this thread, by the way. This thread is really bad PR. Congrats.)

wut? >_<

Video games; super serious business!!!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
FOR

I love Too Human, but I could care less about who gets owned or not.

ED was one of my favourite games last-gen, but Twin Snakes was disappointing as with the departure the current version of Too Human has taken from the original concept. From what I've seen, I truly doubt this game will be AAA quality or reach a level of acclaim that is on the level as being one of the best of this year. I'd love to be surprised, but I seriously doubt it and the feeling I've got from everything I've seen or read about the game backs this up.

In some ways this thread is ridiculous and uneeded, and in others this takes cajones and is something similar to what I do with friends when they make what I see as stupid, baseless or ignorant comments. Example: (Friend:) "Russia will be destroyed by Holland in the Euro Quarter-Finals." (Me:) "Have you seen Russia play?" (Friend:) "It doesn't matter - they haven't faced Holland yet." (Me:) "Wanna make a bet on it?"

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and make my stand:

AGAINST.

Anduron

AGAINST

Gameplay looks solid but if the story is actually good, considering what we've seen, then I'll eat a tag and any crow that comes with it.

Also every day theres a new Too Human bash thread so I can see why Denis made this.

Good luck bro and STORY TRAILER PLEASE

eve241

snack said:
How about we make this deal, if you're game sucks you have to stop coming to GAF and whining like a bitch when we think that you're next game doesn't look so hot. Deal?

SHOW ME WHY YOU'RE GAME IS GOOD! I can't just take your word for it, you're the fucking producer of course you like the god damn game.

My father makes the best lasagna in the world. Those who are for my father's lasagna please post FOR, those against post AGAINST.

You're another one who didn't get the point of the thread. You are not forced to participate or to voice your opinion. Only if you are biased towards either side (seeing as how no one can no for sure before playing the game) should you vote. And even then only if you want to.

GhaleonEB

In answer to the OP:

Co-op dropping from 4 to 2 players was a very big deal. The lack of co-op on the same box is an even bigger deal. The last MP game I bought was Halo 3, and it's bursting with options for play, including on the same box.

So, right now I'm "against". The new videos look okay, but I wanted to play the game with my kid, and I wanted to roll through it with my Halo 3 crew as a team. I'll play the demo, and keep my mind open, but I'm not excited.

xbhaskarx

sionyboy said:
If it gets over 500k sales and 80 on metacritic, I think we can say its a good game. 1 million sales and over 90%, then a lot of people in this thread shouldn't post here again :p

:lol

I think 80% Metacritic score and 750k August/September NPD combined sales is a reasonable line, hopefully Dyack and the GAF mods should mutually agree on something along those lines.

Well, he's convinced me. This guy almost never recommends games, and for him to come out and say such things.. this one must really be special.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If the game isn't "well-received" - I think Denis should have to post at GAF once a day *minimum*. ;)

Edit: Until the end of time.

Evlar said:
But they have a REASON to hate. They were disappointed by the E3 showing. Some of them were bothered by the excuses made for that demo, too.

EDIT: I'm not saying their reason is correct. I'm saying it's not outrageous or incomprehensible.

It is given the one negative press showing it's had is the only one people focuses on. Further still the fact that it's the people moaning in every topic who mostly never wanted the title or don't even own a 360 doesn't help their case.

Diablos

lawblob said:
wut? >_<

Video games; super serious business!!!
You don't get it.

It has nothing to do with video games being "super serious business", rather the fact that he's basically promoting his game through what is more or less an ignorant troll on a video game message board (talk about "serious business").

25i457a.jpg

zwe4c9.jpg

AGAINST

pr0cs

I'm not really a fan of this, even if the game got 99% and sold 4 million copies there would still be GAF members who said the game was overrated or Microsoft money-hatted the reviews, etc etc (even if they never played the game or... "played it at a friends house" (tm).

I will give props for the big hairy cojones it takes to try and call people out, I find it quite humorous that the usual suspects arent' willing to put up a FOR or AGAINST.

I'm FOR the game, there really isn't anything like it on XBL yet, I think the lack of same-box coop will *really* hurt the end score but I'm hoping that the single player portion is good enough to make up for some of that huge negative.

Mato

Against.

Dude it's $100 million. No? I don't see where the money went and I don't give a rat about lawsuits and excuses. I mean you have games like Dead Space coming out and effortlessly looking SO much better. Too Human doesn't look bad, it just looks totally mediocre.

Btw what's with the Mark Ecko attitude.

Stantron

For fuck's sake. am i doin it rite?
I think the majority of gaf will shit on this game (same with CoD5) even if it's good, there's been so much negative hype and hate that it's almost inevitable. I'm, however, looking forward to enjoying the game for what it is. I think it has potential.

Denis: I hope you're planning a 3 or 4player co-op patch. Too chaotic? So what, give the people what they want. Allow us the option of choosing how we want to play. Two player co-op may be ideal, but a lot of us were looking forward to the synergy of 3-4 man teams. Do it.

LJ11

Put out a demo please, can you ballpark a time frame? I can't judge a product based on previews or WIP videos, it goes against everything you stand for Denis.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Just the fact that you took the time to show up on gaf means I'll take the time to try it out as soon as I finish GTA4 and MGS4.

best of luck, cheers

C4Lukins

Diablos said:
You don't get it.

It has nothing to do with video games being "super serious business", rather the fact that he's basically promoting his game through what is more or less an ignorant troll on a video game message board (talk about "serious business").

You must have missed the Too Human threads where even a couple of mods were essentially promoting the trolling of this game. I think it is a friendly challenge all in good fun, and to have people take it so seriously to the point of direct personal attacks is a little sad considering all of this makes for some great entertainment.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.

Wow. For a guy who can't even set any hard definitions for the bet, you're talking tough. Good show. :D

Not falling for it though. Not until the guidelines for the bet is laid out. The way you've set it up, it's actually up to Duckroll and Evilore to set up the guidelines.

Unison

Didn't we read that Too Human cost $70 million? Considering that would be a good start in figuring out how much it needs to sell for Dyack to save face....

Also, we should compare its game review scores against the inevitable Diablo 3... see how it stacks up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't give a shit, honestly. If the game is good, I will buy it. If the game is shit, then I won't buy it.

The lack of 4 player hurts it MAJORLY, though.

Unison said:
Didn't we read that Too Human cost $70 million? Considering that would be a good start in figuring out how much it needs to sell for Dyack to save face...

You have a link to that? I've never seen the article where that was discussed. I assumed $90m was for the trilogy, which would make sense as the first game will be the largest cost getting the engine and gameplay systems in place.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Whole concept is a super large turn off, art style is not my cup of tea and looks like a total grind fest.

Against

DrEvil

not a medical professional
After what I saw and played at E3, I was against.

Then I saw some of the newer media, and I was impartial, willing to try it if I saw it nearby, definitely not buy it though.

Then I saw your post, Denis, and now I'm against it again.

If you're that preoccupied with whether or not a large gaming forum are FOR or AGAINST your game before they have a chance to play it, well, then something must be amiss in the first place.

How bout instead of asking us if we hate it or love it before we get a chance to try it, wait and see what we think of it on our own account?

With that said, I have no interest in this game further than that of playing it at E3 this year, that will be my compass for how I feel its progressed or not.

In short; Against, until further notice.

FIREBABY

FOR!
I've got to admit, for a dev to come on a hardcore forum and make such a bold claim, it has to be good. Right? Whatever. I've always liked SK's games and will hopefully like this one to. For some reason though, if it turns out just as good as Mr. Dyack says it is, no one will admit it. Be prepared for the Averege vs. GOTY warz. You know its going to happen.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
toohuman01.jpg

-"Too Human is a very different game from an aspect of combat because it combines action elements with RPG elements."

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35078.html

Action elements with RPG elements. Action with RPG. Action RPG. I do believe you've just created a genre, Denis!

-Co-op skills for "helping your whole group," when this sort of emphasis is puzzling with a maximum of two players. Healer classes also tend to make little sense in this context. The game seems to be retaining gameplay elements suited for 4 player co-op after dropping the feature.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35401.html

Most people supporting Too Human at GAF seem to be focusing on the "It has LOOTS, people, LOOTS!" aspect. Maybe console-only gamers really *are* eagerly anticipating a game like Too Human to come along and let them sate the desire for action-oriented loot and levels. There's a reason, however, that people in touch with PC gaming laughed at the notion of Too Human being of the same caliber as what we'd expect from Diablo 3.

I'm not impressed by anything I've seen of Too Human, from the floaty zero-feedback combat to the gimped featureset to the eye-melting art to the awkward cutscene direction and painfully amateur philosophy. I'm not going to wage a fanboy war with you, though. I get that people are responding positively to the bravado, but Duckroll did present his points fairly and the "put up or shut up" post made this whole affair out to be even more silly.

It did take balls to make this thread, so props for that.

Odrion

Banned
Well I am always for any game of any matter being good, and if it's one thing this generation lacks it's a co-op ARPG so "for."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom