• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desi said:
People flame the shit out of him all the damn time over what he says.

Even Miyamoto got flack the other day because of a statement about not wanting Nintendo games looking like Sega games.
Only Kojima is deemed untouchable in GAF-land. :lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Busty said:
If Dyack wanted the game to speak for itself he should have let it do exactly that.

This is a point that really shouldn't be ignored. If Dyack really had confidence in this game, he'd be reclining somewhere thinking "Wait until these assholes get a load of this!".

Instead, he's making tag bets on GAF.

Desi said:
People flame the shit out of him all the damn time over what he says.

Even Miyamoto got flack the other day because of a statement about not wanting Nintendo games looking like Sega games.

Stop it. There is no comparison to the sheer level of disrespect and personal insults that Dyack has received on this forum. I've seen him posting respectfully to his detractors in an effort to explain something and got a "You're a fucking idiot" or a "Fuck off" or a "You fat fuck" in response and instead of most people doing the right thing and rejecting such talk, it was applauded.

Seeing how much he has been disrespected is more than enough for me to want to root for the success of his game and his company.

Don't get me wrong, there have been times where Denis' own words have come back to haunt him or there were times where I felt he should have handled something another way instead of the way he ultimately chose, but I still stand by my opinion on how he has been treated on this forum.

No developer nor individual poster has ever been disrespected to the degree that Dyack has been on this site. There were times when I messaged him and use to say "Please stop posting, you will never get through to them regardless of what you say or do" and he insisted anyway regardless of how bad it got. That's commendable.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm For I guess, but only up until I play the demo. Then quality will decide.

BTW, the more I read about the game, the more the aspect of 'kewl l00tz!!1!' becomes meaningless to me. What else apart from collecting things that don't really exist does the game have to offer? Is it just a hack/slash/shoot down a big corridor kinda thing, as that's all I can see from video footage. That's why I'm waiting for the demo, to find out what the game actually is about.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
This is a point that really shouldn't be ignored. If Dyack really had confidence in this game, he'd be reclining somewhere thinking "Wait until these assholes get a load of this!".

Instead, he's making tag bets on GAF.
Like was said before, the game is going to speak regardless. This thread wont change that fact. What happens in the interim should be looked at as just warm gaf gravy.

hope it turns out good. Despite the fact that I haven't been overly impressed by what has been released, I think it will turn out fine. It seems ambitious enough, which is already a positive

Not going to put myself for or against though...not my thing

Calcaneus

Wouldn't it be more fun to just challenge your haters to a boxing match?

I'm probably never going to play this game, so while it does look like it has potential, I'm not going to vote either way.

That certainly is a weird post though.

golem

its funny how people can spend a few paragraphs of their time flaming denis and too human, yet still cant bring themselves to just answer the question and type out 'against'

but i guess tags are serious business.

dominuece

Once this game ships, Dyack will be taking a vacation regardless of the outcome. The man has this weird faith in his product. Enough faith to bait GAF for like forever. tsk, tsk.

Dyack, if you deliver on story along with gameplay I am 'FOR'
If not, enjoy your vacation because you will need it.

demifiend

I'm for, and have been oscillating between for and against for the past year or two. Please make this worthwhile!

And for what it's worth, I never liked Diablo whatsoever, so calling it Diablo 3 is irrelevant to me

Twig

Banned
krzyspc said:
Oh snap! And it is funny how it isn't even going the way it was outlined as a lot are saying for just because he made the thread and nothing to do with the game.
Ayup.
funcojoe said:
Dennis you're fucking awesome! Totally for, and more devs should have these kinda balls.

PhatSaqs

Banned
dominuece said:
Once this game ships, Dyack will be taking a vacation regardless of the outcome. The man has this weird faith in his product. Enough faith to bait GAF for like forever. tsk, tsk.
The first review thread will be full of popcorn popping entertainment :lol

Busty

Banned
golem said:
its funny how people can spend a few paragraphs of their time flaming denis and too human, yet still cant bring themselves to just answer the question and type out 'against'

but i guess tags are serious business.

I think I'll pass on this one.

I'll just wait for the thread Dyack starts when he's getting ready to ship the game he's develoing for SEGA.

eve241

Hero said:
How many other developers have been as vocally negative outspoken about the entire gaming community, from the media to hardcore gamers that would help push this game to other people?

I must have missed something. Should I feel insulted?

If by vocally negative outspoken you mean pointing out what should be improved, then yes Dyack did that. And thank god for that.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
CowboyAstronaut said:
Stop it. There is no comparison to the sheer level of disrespect and personal insults that Dyack has received on this forum. I've seen him posting respectfully to his detractors in an effort to explain something and got a "You're a fucking idiot" or a "Fuck off" or a "You fat fuck" in response and instead of most people doing the right thing and rejecting such talk, it was applauded.

Seeing how much he has been disrespected is more than enough for me to want to root for the success of his game and his company.

Don't get me wrong, there have been times where Denis' own words have come back to haunt him or there were times where I felt he should have handled something another way instead of the way he ultimately chose, but I still stand by my opinion on how he has been treated on this forum.

No developer nor individual poster has ever been disrespected to the degree that Dyack has been on this site. There were times when I messaged him and use to say "Please stop posting, you will never get through to them regardless of what you say or do" and he insisted anyway regardless of how bad it got. That's commendable.

Excellent post, I agree with you. Some guys here, sitting on their fat asses behind a computer monitor think they are almighty and can insult anyone. If you guys are so great, and Dyack is an "idiot", "loser", etc... stand up and make a game yourselves.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You know what Denis? I appreciate the fuck out of this.

I'll tell you what. I've attempted to enjoy the 360 and have failed twice. Both times selling it to my friends. I don't know why, if it's the controller or what. It's just never clicked with me. Just can't get into playing it. I guess it's because I use my PS3 for everything from movies to blu rays, music to games (PS1/2/3). You can call that a stupid reason but I'm at a point in my life where games are taking a backseat to most everything else (sans fighting games of course).

Since your guidelines are so loose, I have to reluctantly use Gameranking/Metacritic for this wager. Truth be told, I hate those sites as I think they promote bullshit more than help anything. However, if after three weeks on the market, Too Human averages 90%, which looks like it ties ED for SK's highest rated game, I will buy a brand new Xbox 360 Elite, Too Human and whatever guide comes out along with it.

I will drop $540+ (Elite, Too Human and guide) and gladly post a picture on the forum if your game is that good. However, if you lose this bet, you have to remake Legacy of Kain DAMMIT!

Cool?

Evlar

Banned
Relix said:
Excellent post, I agree with you. Some guys here, sitting on their fat asses behind a computer monitor think they are almighty and can insult anyone. If you guys are so great, and Dyack is an "idiot", "loser", etc... stand up and make a game yourselves.
WTF? Is this the Jeff Bell Brigade? We can comment on Dyack if we wish.

Twig

Banned
Relix said:
Excellent post, I agree with you. Some guys here, sitting on their fat asses behind a computer monitor think they are almighty and can insult anyone.
Excellent post, I agree with you.

(???)

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
As someone who has played the last couple SK releases, I vote NO CONFIDENCE in Dyack, SK, and Too Human. I'll give the demo a whirl.

dejan

I'm in the "I don't fucking care anymore"-camp. I'm currently more excited about Mythos. Wish you and your team all the best tho.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Evlar said:
WTF? Is this the Jeff Bell Brigade? We can comment on Dyack if we wish.

Yeah, but try to comment more "respectfully", just the fact that he's facing a bunch of guys here insulting him is commendable on my book.... even more with a bunch of people insulting him. Maybe the game won't be great, but whatever... at least it got released :D

Denis, I've been with youfor a long while now and been following Too Human in particular since it was coming for PSX. Eternal Darkness rocked my world. Even though I have no interest in Diablo, World of Warcraft or anything of the sort, I'm still holding out that Too Human will be different enough to grip me. So, for.

I'm glad you've come in to GAF to play their game.

I look forward to hearing more about your views on pushing the medium ahead. Please keep writing!

funcojoe

My friend from another forum who was in an argument with Dyack a few weeks ago wanted me to post this.

Chern says against but doesn't post at this place.". LOL.

Ask him if this is how he destroys people on the internet, and how he vowed a short time ago never to do that again.

LOL.

I love the guy. YOu can't get better internet than a whacko dev.

Perdew

YakiSOBA said:
i dont really know what this game is, so im gonna wiki it.. is it coming out for all 3 systems?

No, all 4: PSX, N64, Gamecube, and 360!
Or was it Xbox and not Gamecube, I forget? Maybe both?

Naeblish

Kintaro said:
You know what Denis? I appreciate the fuck out of this.

I'll tell you what. I've attempted to enjoy the 360 and have failed twice. Both times selling it to my friends. I don't know why, if it's the controller or what. It's just never clicked with me. Just can't get into playing it. I guess it's because I use my PS3 for everything from movies to blu rays, music to games (PS1/2/3). You can call that a stupid reason but I'm at a point in my life where games are taking a backseat to most everything else (sans fighting games of course).

Since your guidelines are so loose, I have to reluctantly use Gameranking/Metacritic for this wager. Truth be told, I hate those sites as I think they promote bullshit more than help anything. However, if after three weeks on the market, Too Human averages 90%, which looks like it ties ED for SK's highest rated game, I will buy a brand new Xbox 360 Elite, Too Human and whatever guide comes out along with it.

I will drop $540+ (Elite, Too Human and guide) and gladly post a picture on the forum if your game is that good. However, if you lose this bet, you have to remake Legacy of Kain DAMMIT!

Cool?
90% is a bit unfair don't you think? After the GTA fiasco i think (and hope) reviewers won't throw out 10's anymore like before.

Anyways, i'm for, always been a fan although my enthusiasm got a dip when they degraded 4 player co-op to 2.

Hero

Endow said:
I must have missed something. Should I feel insulted?

If by vocally negative outspoken you mean pointing out what should be improved, then yes Dyack did that. And thank god for that.

By negative I meant anytime someone had some complaint or criticsm he flipped out and attacked the person back because apparently saying anything negative about Too Human gives him the right to insult people.

I think it was one of the EGM/1up guys that posted a negative impressions from last year's E3 and Denis took up a personal crusade to try and get the entire gaming media to change their policy to something totally different. Then I believe he went on the 1up podcast and flat out insulted the same guy.

Evlar

Banned
Relix said:
Yeah, but try to comment more "respectfully", just the fact that he's facing a bunch of guys here insulting him is commendable on my book.... even more with a bunch of people insulting him. Maybe the game won't be great, but whatever... at least it got released :D
I'm in favor of being respectful, or at least avoiding stuff like "idiot" and "fat". Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom