• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
CowboyAstronaut said:
Stop it. There is no comparison to the sheer level of disrespect and personal insults that Dyack has received on this forum. I've seen him posting respectfully to his detractors in an effort to explain something and got a "You're a fucking idiot" or a "Fuck off" or a "You fat fuck" in response and instead of most people doing the right thing and rejecting such talk, it was applauded.

Funny, his little to and fro with Kittonwy says otherwise. Kittonwy was polite and respectful in all of his posts and Dyack treated him like shit FOR NO GOOD REASON.

So yeah, fine point well made.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
golem said:
its funny how people can spend a few paragraphs of their time flaming denis and too human, yet still cant bring themselves to just answer the question and type out 'against'

but i guess tags are serious business.

Tag bets are lame, that's why. And it's not like we're even going to enforce this crap.

If Denis stepped up and bet me $1,000 that Too Human will get a final gamerankings aggregate above 90%, then maybe this thread would get interesting.

NeoGAF doesn't revolve around one game, in this case Too Human, and so the request for tags for members who will post in other threads totally unrealted to Too Human in the future seems a little immature and uneccessary.

It seems as though game developers revolve around NeoGAF, that would explain why Denis came to post here, plus NeoGAF consists of the majority of the demographic which can mkae games a success or a total bomb(a?).

I personally want more coverage on the game, and a Demo would be nice.
It is also coherently hard to post where my allegence lies before I have even played the game.

avcables

Banned
HI DENIS.

I LOVE YOU MAN.

I just pirated a leaked copy of your game from some torrent and WOW!

THAT SHIT SUCKS MAN. I'm totally against, yo.

Calcaneus

Relix said:
Yeah, but try to comment more "respectfully", just the fact that he's facing a bunch of guys here insulting him is commendable on my book.... even more with a bunch of people insulting him. Maybe the game won't be great, but whatever... at least it got released :D
Eh, I think he's getting enough respect just for the fact that this thread is still open. If I were to post a thread that was basically "Too Human tag bet lol", it would be laughed out of here faster than an old post. But everyone is playing along because he made the game, as if it makes the thing any less silly. But these are just my thoughts, and I will respectfully bow out of this thread if anyone so wishes.

avcables

Banned
EviLore said:
Tag bets are lame, that's why. And it's not like we're even going to enforce this crap.

If Denis stepped up and bet me $1,000 that Too Human will get a final gamerankings aggregate above 90%, then maybe this thread would get interesting.

badboys2.JPG

This shit just got real.

LiK

Hypno Funk said:
It seems as though game developers revolve around NeoGAF, that would explain why Dennis came to post here, plus NeoGAF consists of the majority of the demographic which can mae games a success or a total bomb(a?).[/

not really, a lot of guys here love niche games like okami and that game still sold like shit. *heart okami*

Dina

avcables said:
http://www.militarytimes.com/xml/entertainment/movies/military_moviereview_hotfuzz_070420w/LL070412hotfuzz_800p.JPG[/MG]

This shit just got real.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a parody movie, but the Bad Boys 2 picture works better.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
EviLore said:

You guys should make it a charity bet. Money goes to Child's Play.

WrikaWrek

Banned
EviLore said:

90%? Weird, because for example i consider Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask Of the Betrayer some of the best gaming i've had these last couple of years, and i happen to know you are a fan too, and:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939027.asp?q=neverwinter nights 2
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/922154.asp?q=neverwinter nights 2

So suddenly, 80% isn't good enough?

I think 80% would be more than reasonable for the bet.

You know, if the game turned out to be good, people would be eating crow, anyway.

Now all they're going to remember is the developer throwing a temper tantrum about how no one gave him a fair shot. If the product were good enough to speak for itself, would you even need to wave your arms to get people to look the other way?

Or is it more important to be praised for your work than it is for people to enjoy it?

I am for the game in the sense that I am for the production of most video games. Better to have a game than no game at all.

Whether i'm for it in regards as to whether I purchase the game has yet to be seen.

LiK

Hypno Funk said:
I am for the game in the sense that I am for the production of most video games. Better to have a game than no game at all.

Whether i'm for it in regards as to whether I purchase the game has yet to be seen.

yea, i still don't get why people are soo critical about this game. if it's good, i'll buy it. i await reviews.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
I love how people act all high and mighty...yeah its a videogame forum where we talk about videogames that aren't even out yet. Too Human, and specifically Dyack get a lot of shit because he is a huge nerd like the rest of us, and often fires back at people. Personally, I like the idea he cares so much - regardless of his intent with this thread. I just want a good game, I don't know why people care so much about the other stuff.

EviLore said:

I see where you're going with this, but 90% is just silly. Times change, including expecations on review scores and as someone else pointed out, GTAIV just cracked a whole can of worms for the higher end of the scale. If you're going to call Denis out make it actually interesting and do 75%.

slewis7

I am FOR waiting until reviews and demos to decide. I am AGAINST making up my mind based on pre-release hype and videos. Nice job on drumming up free PR.

avcables

Banned
JasoNsider said:
I see where you're going with this, but 90% is just silly. Times change, including expecations on review scores and as someone else pointed out, GTAIV just cracked a whole can of worms for the higher end of the scale. If you're going to call Denis out make it actually interesting and do 75%.

Lair got like a 90 in Play. This idea is fail.

Oh but Lair looks better than Too Human though, just thought I'd clarify.

fin

EviLore said:

Why 90%? I say 80%

JasoNsider said:
The game being slightly better than Geist in the eyes of reviewers will sure show those doubters!

ilbambino

JasoNsider said:

Why would he do that? DD claims it's the best game he has ever made, ED has a 92 Metacritic score. It's more than fair to ask for 90+ score.

Kabouter

JasoNsider said:
When the average for game reviews is about 71%, marginally above average doesn't really fit with this:

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

JasoNsider said:

I say 85%

$1000 goes to a charity of choice, no-one should benefit financially from this. Well... except orphans or diseased people.

eve241

Hero said:
By negative I meant anytime someone had some complaint or criticsm he flipped out and attacked the person back because apparently saying anything negative about Too Human gives him the right to insult people.

I think it was one of the EGM/1up guys that posted a negative impressions from last year's E3 and Denis took up a personal crusade to try and get the entire gaming media to change their policy to something totally different. Then I believe he went on the 1up podcast and flat out insulted the same guy.

You "think" and "believe"? I've heard the podcast. There was nothing wrong in Denis' attitude. As for personal crusade, everyone has their opinions on how things should or shouldn't be.

Denis and most developers know that what magazine A or B says about your game, even before it's released, matters. The kind of stuff written in EGM's preview was, if nothing else, poorly worded. It completely trashed the game. He did not insult the guy who wrote that preview. I think he's quite right about previews being meaningless and conceptually inaccurate. And if he feels it's something that ultimately is bad for both developers and consumers, and if he has the courage to voice his opinion, then let the man speak.

Has for flipping out due to complaints or criticism I honestly don't know where you got that idea from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom