• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzyspc

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
I find some of the suggestions for the metacritic/gameranking scores humorous. 75% is favorable? Really? Only bargain bin Cabela's Big Game Hunter type shit gets scored below 70%. Dyack made a thread calling out several posters and definitely *sounds* quite confident in his game. The terms of the bet should reflect that confidence. A 75% average is NOT confidence.

Word to your mother, anything short of 90% is a failure with the high praise he gives the game.

Against. I could not possibly be less interested in your game. I find the art direction to be bland and lifeless, your lead char. to be quite possibly the single most generic creation of this generation, and the game play to staler than a 7-11 hot dog bun.

Congrats on making the Daikatana of our generation.

firehawk12 said:
If you're going to try to bring in numbers, why not use those Major Nelson Xbox Live activity reports.
If it's good, people will be playing it. If people are playing it, it will make the top 10.

I don't agree with the everything below 90% thing as failure. I believe 88% and higher should be seen as a success. Too Human will likely be one of the few games this generation that really gets rated on its true merits as opposed to hype and, as such, I foresee fewer 10s for a game like this.

Even if this ends up being much better than Eternal Darkness, it might not be reviewed the same way Eternal Darkness was reviewed years ago. Although, games these days appear to receive stronger reviews in general, but then that has a lot to do with hype and Too Human hasn't exactly been a darling in that regard.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34593.html

Also, maybe I forgot about this video or something, but the game looks so amazing in this video here. The gameplay especially looks pretty fun. You really just want to jump in and play it. Also, the game looks so much better visually than it often gets credit for.

The gameplay sections really do look amazingly fun and without even realizing it, in one of the older SK videos we got to see a boss fight. I didn't realize what they were showing until I'm now looking at the video. They were showing a developer in the foreground and were focused on the developer, but if we looked at the screen behind him, it was definitely a boss fight.

It was the creature from the Opening Cutscene of the game. I believe the name of it was Grendel or something like that and he was pounding on his chest while you were fighting him. That gives me hope that possibly some of the other bosses will have some cool and unique animations like that of their own. It adds a sense of individuality or personality to the whole thing. Boss A can't feel exactly like Boss B only with a different exterior look and if he does then you gotta do something else to add personality or even make the boss more challenging or if not challenging just give them something that makes them standout.

Another thing I want to point out is that it's so easy from all the machine type stuff we are seeing to forget that, despite the very technology influenced art style that SK is trying to drive home with this game, how many very different looking areas we've seen. They may not be so different in overall art style as there are just what 4 or 5 worlds in the game? But we've seen many different and rather impressive architectural designs in a lot of the videos shown.

Due to the fact that the art direction may be similar it's so easy for someone point and say something like "Hey look they're showing the exact same level yet again, when are we going to see something new?"

Dartastic

Teriyaki said:
Just make it contingent to reflect margin of error:

- If it's over 90%, EvilLore pays all 1K.
- If it's below 80%, Denis pays 1k.
- Anything in between and you both pay 500.

Put up or shut up?

WARCOCK

Banned
Teriyaki said:

Hardly as exciting. This is about e-peen,blood and thunder. Not helping dying people :(

WrikaWrek

Banned
This could've been something cool between Denis and GAF, even if it was just words.

Sadly, there's always someone anxious to steal the spotlight. It's not about you, it's about a community.

jrricky

Banned
Wow at thread. :O

Anyways, ill join the camp.

AGAINST cause I dont really care about the game, nothing is jaw-dropping, no offense.
And I dont care about tags anyway.

The only game Ill pay $60 for this summer is Soul Calibur 4.

I asked this question in a previous Too Human thread but it wasnt answered and since this is your thread Dyack:

What if this game bombs?

Teriyaki said:

fantastic idea.

As it stands, I think Evillore's bet is a little skewed to his advantage. I mean, if you're hating on the game, make the bet interesting.

Hero

Shit just got real.

I like how so many people are trying to attack the 90%. Denis failed to lay out any definite, concrete terms to his bet (which he proposed in the first place) and after claiming it to be SK's "best game yet" it won't be able to score better than Eternal Darkness? Denis had opportunities to start laying down the rules and regulations first which he neglected to do and now EvilLore offered up his own, which is more than generous.

Put up or shut up indeed.

C4Lukins

Hero said:
Shit just got real.

I like how so many people are trying to attack the 90%. Denis failed to lay out any definite, concrete terms to his bet (which he proposed in the first place) and after claiming it to be SK's "best game yet" it won't be able to score better than Eternal Darkness? Denis had opportunities to start laying down the rules and regulations first which he neglected to do and now EvilLore offered up his own, which is more than generous.

Put up or shut up indeed.

It was a strong play by EvilLore. Now if Denis wants to offer counter terms, he will have to lowball his own game. Very sneaky.

Chinner

Banned
Lets make this a little bit more exicting:
If Too Human gets more than 90%: Evilore posts pictures of himself naked on the internet
If Too Human gets less than 80%: Dennis Dyack posts pictures of himself naked on the internet.
If Too Humans gets inbetween 80 and 90%: EvilLore posts a picture of his top half naked and Dennis Dyack posts a picture of his bottom half naked and then we stick the pictures together to form Evil Dyack.

Now things will get exicting.

C4Lukins

Chinner said:
If Too Human gets more than 90%: Evilore posts pictures of himself naked on the internet
If Too Human gets less than 80%: Dennis Dyack posts pictures of himself naked on the internet.
If Too Humans gets inbetween 80 and 90%: EvilLore posts a picture of his top half naked and Dennis Dyack posts a picture of his bottom half naked and then we stick the pictures together to form Evil Dyack.

No matter who wins, Earth loses.

Holy shit, I can´t believe what I´m seeing here. :lol

edit:

Chinner said:

Jesus :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The problem with this game is not that it looks necessarily bad. It just doesn't look interesting or putting ahead of any other game for what everyone is preaching about it.

Alex

Not even Diablo II has a 90+ on MetaCritic, and it's easily one of the best games ever made and the god of it's sub-genre.

I have some hope for Too Human to be a pretty fun clone, but if it's better than Diablo II, I will purchase a hat; then consume it.

Not that review compilation sites are worth a piss, anyway.

MrDaravon

Oh man, of all the days I have to work :lol

McBradders said:
The Dyack, I was for until you axed four player co-op over Live.

You hooked me with lavish dreams of PSO reborn, then dashed me on the rocks of disappointment when you scaled back to two players.

NEUTRAL.

We'll talk after the demo.

Waaaay back on the 2nd page, but pretty much my post. We had a full crew and everything going, but two of the guys dropped, and me and my best friend are very, very tentative now. If the demo is totally amazing and makes me not care about having another two guys I'm willing to go for it, but if not then no.

That completely aside, what the fuck dude? Asking people to pick sides about your game that none of us have even played a demo of? It's great that you feel so great about your game, and I honestly feel your enthusiasm, but how about you let people actually play the game and judge it for themselves, rather than get involved in an internet pissing contest you have going on? Even if the game is as great as you say, I don't see how you expect people to take you seriously after this, especially if you're wrong.

Regardless, this thread is epic lols no matter who is right, pray continue.

Rorschach

DCharlie said:
isn't it somewhat ironic that we are using the score from a game that a load of GAFfers think is rubbish and didn't deserve the reviews it got as the benchmark for Too Human's success?

As this is SPECIFIC to GAF, why not do this :
For every gaffer that plays the game, they produce their gamertag and a simple 1-10 ranking.
If the game scores below a certain decided bench mark (let's give Eternal Darkness a score (7? 8?)) then Denis loses, scores above, Evil loses.

the 90% score for ED is way too high, i think we all know that, so i think that's a pretty safe bet and i think Evilore knows that too.

This resolution actually involves gaf's opinion, and not external reviewers - plus it actually makes things interesting as there is no way to tell which way it'll go. The Evilore bet is pretty much a sure win for Evil, which is boring! :D

Also, as part of the bet between Denis and Evil, there should be a ban bet part! ;)
Uh...an outside source IS the best option because there's no bias. You don't make an involved party the mediator or jury. And why would 90% be too high for such an amazing and epic game?

chase

Teknopathetic said:
"The best rpgs that have come out for the pc only in the last few years.

Gamerankings
The Witcher 81%
NwN 2: Mask of Betrayer 82%

so...if Too Human gets similar averages for the PC.. I will be FOR."

PC gaming sites are a bit less retarded with review scores than their console brethren. Probably because they don't have that whole console advocacy thing.

Oh god oh god oh god. GAF mods. Must...hold...tongue...

Nubian

Banned
This is it. The stuff that makes being a gamer nerd worth it.

Seriously, people bitching about this, calling it unprofessional or whatever can choke on a wiimote and die. This is like being flamed by Derek Smart on usenet, only 1000x better :D

Cherish this moment and bookmark this thread in your hearts gentlemen, for moments such as this are as rare as a ZOD rune...

verio

Chinner said:

:lol :lol :lol

J-Rzez

DCharlie said:
yeah, the bet is way too safe on Evilores side to be of any interest.

No. DD is promoting the game as "better than most", that elevates it to AAA status, thus it should hit AT LEAST 90% based on the media's recent scales. He's making the big claim, he should stand for it. And it's for charity anyways.

Twig

Banned
Chinner said:

Hahahaha.

I fear for my mind, but I want it to happen anyway. WHAT IS GOING ON!

This is stupid.

Its pretty damn ironic to have Dyack of all people asking us to judge his game before anybody has had a chance to try the demo.

Whats the point?

All I know is if I had to judge it by released videos and images alone, I'd guess it to be a mediocre Diablo clone. But I do have some hope that playing the game itself, and co-op in particular, gives a much better impression.

So, whens the demo?

FightyF

Banned
EviLore said:
Still waiting, Denis. The challenge:

If Too Human has above a 90% aggregate on Gamerankings two weeks after release, I lose. If it's below 90%, you lose. The loser gives $1000 to the winner's choice of 501(c)(3) charitable organization.

Confident enough to stand by your "I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made" comment?

On the other hand, you have people calling the game "shit" in the TH threads.

A shit game gets less than what, 50-60%?

We're not seeing people saying "This game isn't gonna be an AAA game"...we see people saying "this game is going to suck".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom