• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

JudgeN said:
this kind of stunt will rocket his game in the sale charts wither its good or bad.
Naw. Online forums are a vocal minority - in reality only a very tiny fraction of the total gaming market.
Being praised or trashed on GAF won't affect anyone's bottom line, despite the apparent power of this place.

But yeah, this thread was a bad idea - even if it stirs things up online for a few days, it's really unprofessional.
I'm sure it's coming from a good place, but it reeks of insecurity.

Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Haze (PS3) Avg Ratio: 57%
Lair (PS3) Avg Ratio: 56%

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You're insane.

Mamesj

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
I think it is time to draw the digital line. Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire. So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this. This puts me in the “For” camp.

I know there are many who feel strongly in opposite camp. I also would ask you to stand up and say “Against”.

When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

I would like to make a honorary invitation to EvilLore and Duckroll who help fuel the fire on a regular basis – assuming you both would be “Against”. In the end though, it is your decision and I want to remind everyone that I have an advantage of actually playing the game.

I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling Too Human in other threads to point them here. :D

So it’s time to be stand and be counted:

Denis Dyack - “For”

I don't know thing one about Too Human.

Kittonwy

Banned
I hope the game turns out to be good, but if Dyack loses he shouldn't just have some stupid tag, it's not even THAT demeaning to begin with. The whole OP "pwn3d" bet shows a complete lack of class, I don't see how Dyack can win over the more skeptical people to buy his game whether he wins the bet or not.
Indifferent2.gif

rakka

Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.
grow up

WrikaWrek

Banned
Denis Dyack said:

Dyack keeping the pimp hand strong

blackpower.gif

fernoca

Really..weird..thread, even more when the game dev was the one that started it..
But as much as I found Eternal Darkness, average at best..and how Too Human has been jumping console from console...I've always been willing to give it a try..

Heck I'm one of the few that liked the HUD in the game.. :p

GPsych

Denis Dyack said:

Denis, you might want to ask your doctor about Abilify; those manic phases can be a bitch. That being said, put me in the "for" group. I've always thought the game looked awesome.

-g

Call him crazy, call him sad, call him cool, whatever...but what he did is get people talking about the game. period. He has people remembering the game. He has people discussing the game's existence. He is bringing relevance to the game whether you like it or not with this thread being that everyone keeps it being bumped near the top. in the midst of the gears of war 2, resistance, metal gear 4, tales of vesperia, SC4/SF4, bionic commando, etc talk....he is keeping Too human alive on this forum.
well played dennis. I see what you are trying to do.

anyways,

ever since I heard about them opting out of the 4 player co-op and going down to two player co-op, I kinda wrote the game off.

however, I am not for or against...I am just gonna wait and see instead of assume with this one.

Denis Dyack said:

Just browsed the thread...

What's the motivation behind all this? What are you trying to prove here? Just curious.

Denis Dyack said:

You're a child, you know that?

GPsych

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Call him crazy, call him sad, call him cool, whatever...but what he did is get people talking about the game. period. He has people remembering the game. He has people discussing the game's existence. He is bringing relevance to the game whether you like it or not with this thread being that everyone keeps it being bumped near the top. in the midst of the gears of war 2, resistance, metal gear 4, tales of vesperia, SC4/SF4, bionic commando, etc talk....he is keeping Too human alive on this forum.
well played dennis. I see what you are trying to do.

anyways,

ever since I heard about them opting out of the 4 player co-op and going down to two player co-op, I kinda wrote the game off.

however, I am not for or against...I am just gonna wait and see instead of assume with this one.

Listen to this man. He speaks truth...

-g

Perdew

Denis Dyack said:

Wow, shut the fuck up. You are wagering a tag on a forum that you barely post on. You claimed it's your 'best game' but you won't let it compete against your own meta-critic score? Pussy. Way to back-pedal.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This thread has EPIC backfired. Now, if the game doesn't get 90% or over, there is going to be so much backlash regardless :lol

You know, Denis, I'm pretty sure that most of the negativity (even on GAF) would evaporate had you guys released a kickass trailer already. Hire someone to cut you a nice vid already. But if you had, this funny thread might never have happened.

FightyF

Banned
Denis Dyack said:

DennyD in da hoooouuuuuse!!

WrikaWrek said:

:lol

Unison

Y2Kev said:
This thread has EPIC backfired. Now, if the game doesn't get 90% or over, there is going to be so much backlash regardless :lol

The $70 million should have been spent on moneyhats :lol

eznark

Banned
Denis Dyack said:

I hope this never ends

Amir0x

Banned
Denis Dyack said:

hahaha at this point I'm assuming you've been drinking or something

"Troll reference from [my] camp?" I assume, since you're addressing it to mods and I am indeed one of the mods against your shitty game, that you think that this is also "my camp." And from the metrics you're using, I think it's equally safe to assume you believe that is SONY CAMP LOL.

Sorry to burst your straight-out-of-teamxbox SONYGAF conspiracy theories, but I don't even own a PS3. I don't even like the system. Out of all the systems currently out on the market, the Xbox 360 is the one I like the most by a biiiiig margin.

And then you're saying that you'd win the bet by... managing to top out Lair and Haze on metacritic? Seriously? It's no wonder you made this thread, if that's about the most confident even you are in your ambitious attempt at creating the world's biggest ego magnifier with Too Human.

Step away now Dyack before your precious E-PRIDE is hurt anymore when you realize that no matter what happens now, we're all going to continue to laugh at you for being a pathetic petulant child.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Really hoping for his sake that his account was hacked or something

Azih

Honestly if Dyack was a normal poster he'd have been banned from GAF a long time ago and be hanging around gamefaqs or something.

Other developers that post here are lauded because they stay *above* the fray. Dyack is so far *beneath* it that it is not even funny, it's just sad, pathetic, and so very very pointless.

Denis Dyack said:

I don't know if this is the best viral marketing a see in a while or just a big useless e-penis show or both.

But it's awesome. :lol :lol

Amir0x said:
hahaha at this point I'm assuming you've been drinking or something

"Troll reference from [my] camp?" I assume, since you're addressing it to mods and I am indeed one of the mods against your shitty game, that you think that this is also "my camp." And from the metrics you're using, I think it's equally safe to assume you believe that is SONY CAMP LOL.

Sorry to burst your straight-out-of-teamxbox SONYGAF conspiracy theories, but I don't even own a PS3. I don't even like the system. Out of all the systems currently out on the market, the Xbox 360 is the one I like the most by a biiiiig margin.

And then you're saying that you'd win the bet by... managing to top out Lair and Haze on metacritic? Seriously? It's no wonder you made this thread, if that's about the most confident even you are in your ambitious attempt at creating the world's biggest ego magnifier with Too Human.

Step away now Dyack before your precious E-PRIDE is hurt anymore when you realize that no matter what happens now, we're all going to continue to laugh at you for being a pathetic petulant child.

:lol :lol

I think I never told you this, but...I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom