• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, just being better than Haze is something easy. Just taking a shit feels better than playing Haze. I think that if the game gets lower than 70% then GAF wins, if it gets higher than 85% then Dyack wins. That seems fair. Also, is anybody going to setup the paypal account? I am willing to put $5 in the pot. Either way doing charity this way feels nice and its also fun.

Also, I am totally FOR. I want this game to be amazing, since I will be playing it with my little bro.

FightyF

Banned
Perdew said:
Wow, shut the fuck up. You are wagering a tag on a forum that you barely post on. You claimed it's your 'best game' but you won't let it compete against your own meta-critic score? Pussy. Way to back-pedal.

Hey, you might want to check on the history of this game on this forum before making yourself look like ass (again).

Azih said:
Honestly if Dyack was a normal poster he'd have been banned from GAF a long time ago and be hanging around gamefaqs or something.

Other developers that post here are lauded because they stay *above* the fray. Dyack is so far *beneath* it that it is not even funny, it's just sad, pathetic, and so very very pointless.

Truth is, his game is getting the same double standard.

I got the red square by my handle because I pointed out that in one video of F1:CE, that there was too much motion blur and it should be toned down. So obviously a mod took that as trolling, despite the fact that I post in all racing game threads and I'm equally looking forward to all of them.

Yet people say stuff much worse in the Too Human thread and nothing happens to them.

The fact that there is a blatant double standard here gives DennyD the right to respond.

PistolGrip said:
lol thats hilarious...

Wait so you say your game will be one of the best games this year and well received yet you put it up against arguably the worst two games for the PS3 this Gen. So in order for your game not to be a disaster it has to be a less disaster than the biggest disasters. Gotcha!

I say we stick with 90% deal. okok 85% to make it fair since most are either claiming 80 or 90% metacritic scores should be our guide.

Well that's because these people ragging on the game have said that the game will be a disaster.

I see some hypocracy coming from the mods ragging on the game here...

First they say the game is going to be crap.

But when it comes to putting money on the line...they bump up the criteria to "the game has to be stellar".

That's just blatant back-peddling.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Wow Denis, so you're saying Too Human will be better than Lair and Haze!! Oh my, you're shooting for the stars on this one. You can take me from the for to the against camp, if the extent of your faith in your game, is what amounts to an F on metacritic.

I'm sure someone already pointed this out, but for some working on game called "Too Human" this is pretty funny...

Denis Dyack said:
Don't go to high or you may show your true colors.

:lol

Are we sure his account wasn't hacked?

Hannar

dyacktalks.jpg

This game is going to be great. Can't wait to play again.

Calcaneus

This thread proves how stupid it is when posters start salivating whenever a developer or magazine editor posts here. There's no need to place them on a pedistal, because they can be just as dumb as the rest of us.

I don't get the 360 hate on NeoGAF.

Great console with an awesome library of games, and execs running the company who create the greatest threads in GAFHistory.

Aren't these the sort of threads we all secretly hope will pop up on a more regular basis? This is great.

I hope Denis wins this one, but as I said earlier, I'll reserve judgement for a demo. Or maybe buy the game from EB and make use of the 7 day return policy if it sucks balls.

X26

Banned
:lol this is just

luckily for me no matter how sad a dev is, it doesn't effect my buying decisions (bough NG2 and love it, for example). So even if dyack is a complete moron, if TH is a great game, I'll probably consider buying it.

Then again, everything I've seen sofar points to it being shit. Release a demo asap, k thx

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
LiquidMetal14 said:
Not enough popcorn to cover the entertainment had here. This is creating a buzz for Too Human.
I don't know about that, if anything some people are now going to want the game to flop just to see the reaction.

Cheeto

Amir0x said:
Being active in the community = Whining like a little bitch about the relative fairness of people dissing on his shitty game?

Yeah, he really showed us. We might get TAGS!*

if you agree to his hilarious LOL-worthy criteria
Forum antics or not...shouldn't we wait until we've played the game before saying shit like that?

rinker

Sad to see the reaction to the thread so far. Too Human has some really cool concepts and I'm looking forward to playing the final product.

For.

Gattsu25

Banned
I think the game'll be fun and I'm definitely buying it. I think the game will be comparable to Diablo...though it won't replace Diablo II and (Cthulhu willing) Diablo III anytime soon...so my vote would be a 'For'...

With that said, I refuse to take part in this 'bet' and I think it only exemplifies why I think you're so damned immature, Dyack.
duckroll said:
I'm glad that you feel Too Human is a great game, seeing how you're the one making it, if you thought it wasn't a great game that would be worrying. It's great that you feel it's the best game you've never made too, but that really means nothing to me. None of that really translates into why the game is great or how the game is great. Your job is to convince other people that the game is worth buying, not convince yourself. :)

That's a pretty shallow and unfair bet there. I mean, what rules would we be using? Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"? Furthermore, this seem unfair as you don't really post much on the forum at all. If the game fails, it is likely that you would not post ever again here. What good would a tag do in that case?
Well said.

Denis Dyack said:
Glad to see a decent response so far. We may have to "Wambulance" for all the mods claiming the internet is not F41R!

The currency is the tag and metascore is the metric - don't try to change the bet. All those "for" and "against" get their tags changed. To all the mods - pick your meta score. Here is some troll reference from your camp to save you time:

Haze (PS3) Avg Ratio: 57%
Lair (PS3) Avg Ratio: 56%

Don't go to high or you may show your true colors. :) No more crying, no more trolling, just pick. I would suggest the tag stay for 6 months but I am pretty easy on that.

The "Against" seem in the minority so it should not take you too long to change the tags.

Wouldn't it have to be better than Eternal Darkness's 92% for it to be your best game like you claimed, since this is the chosen metric?

Amir0x said:
Being active in the community = Whining like a little bitch about the relative fairness of people dissing on his shitty game?

so you have played the game?

how about just shut up until you have a basis for saying this?

I'm a big Silicon Knights fan, going all the way back to Dark Legions. I think people are perhaps forgetting these are the people behind Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness and the MGS remake. They don't release many games but what they have released is absolute quality.

Despite all the bad press I think we should be giving them the benefit of the doubt. Free Radical jumped the shark, I don't see the upside to hoping a developer with a rich history goes under.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Too Human = Racism

GAF = Black People

DD and Fans = White People

GAF = Pizza Parlor

Spike Lee, help us! Too Human is tearing GAF apart!

flintstryker said:
as you are :lol :lol :lol :lol

heck anyone who takes this whole thing too seriously needs to have their brain check.

Couldn't have said it better. Some really think the internet is serious business

StuBurns

Banned
njp142 said:
Wouldn't it have to be better than Eternal Darkness's 92% for it to be your best game like you claimed, since this is the chosen metric?
Makes sense as he said he thinks it's their best game and that gamers and critics will agree, so the critics should get the metacritic score higher. But, I think that's asking too much. Games are expected to be better over time, if FF7 was released today it would get a shit score. Had Too Human been released the day ED was it would get a higher score then it will in August. So it could be better, and still get a lower score.

Mid 50's is crazy. Mid 80's Dyack. Don't pussy out.

fernoca

FightyF said:
Truth is, his game is getting the same double standard.

I got the red square by my handle because I pointed out that in one video of F1:CE, that there was too much motion blur and it should be toned down. So obviously a mod took that as trolling, despite the fact that I post in all racing game threads and I'm equally looking forward to all of them.

Yet people say stuff much worse in the Too Human thread and nothing happens to them.

The fact that there is a blatant double standard here gives DennyD the right to respond.
This..I agree.
I was banned for 2 weeks, because I hit 'enter' before finishing my reply; then couldn't edit it (500 -Internal Server Error), so I posted the rest of the reply as a separate post.. (oh which a few people even agreed with me)..and I left...return a few hours later...

Some mod..saw the original reply as a "sarcastic one liner" and banned me for 2 weeks.. :/

That, and the whole debacle that is every Mortal Kombat thread on this forum,..if I went around saying half the stuff at any other game/thread that many say in every MK thread, I would have been perma-banned long time ago..

But as I was told one time..
There's the whole "hive mentality" thing going on..on which because most of the users/mods hate one particular thing, then you get a free pass for saying anything about it..at any place.. (but be darned if you dare to say that Castlevaia or Shadow of the Collosus sucks on their respective threads..)

Same with Too Human..
Some people haven't even played any Silicon Knights game, and just hate Too Human..because of their impressions from GAF..

Cheerilee

Denis

I had been a fan of yours since you posted on the IGN Boards, what seems like a good ten years ago. When I started to realize that Xbox 360 was the system I wanted for this generation, Too Human quickly shot up on my "want" list, admittedly for very little solid reason. But since then, probably starting around the time that you called me a retard for noticing that you repeated yourself in an interview, you have slowly destroyed my faith in you, and then some. I can't say I know anything about your unreleased games, but my interest in them is all but gone, and I've seen nothing positive about you or your games to bring it back.

Now if you want to keep thinking of me as a "hater" and a "troll", go right ahead. I've gotten used to it from you. But please don't think of me as a participant in this stupid game of yours. If the game you started in this thread is any indication, Too Human will be pointless and pathetic. But at least it might be amusing in the sense of watching a trainwreck.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
After each of his posts, I keep wondering if the man's account has been hacked.

What on earth are you doing??

Amarox

flintstryker said:
so you have played the game?

how about just shut up until you have a basis for saying this?
Isn't the whole purpose of this thread to judge the game before having played it?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
FightyF said:
So he would effectively prove you and your ilk wrong if he were to get a aggregate score of 60%, right?

I mean, games below 60% usually suck, right?
Dyack is the one that stated his game is great. Great Games are 85% and above.

75-79% scores are a C+ grade which is average so you are saying if the game gets a failing grade of D then we should jump for joy?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Amir0x said:
hahaha at this point I'm assuming you've been drinking or something

"Troll reference from [my] camp?" I assume, since you're addressing it to mods and I am indeed one of the mods against your shitty game, that you think that this is also "my camp." And from the metrics you're using, I think it's equally safe to assume you believe that is SONY CAMP LOL.

Sorry to burst your straight-out-of-teamxbox SONYGAF conspiracy theories, but I don't even own a PS3. I don't even like the system. Out of all the systems currently out on the market, the Xbox 360 is the one I like the most by a biiiiig margin.

And then you're saying that you'd win the bet by... managing to top out Lair and Haze on metacritic? Seriously? It's no wonder you made this thread, if that's about the most confident even you are in your ambitious attempt at creating the world's biggest ego magnifier with Too Human.

Step away now Dyack before your precious E-PRIDE is hurt anymore when you realize that no matter what happens now, we're all going to continue to laugh at you for being a pathetic petulant child.

I just confirmed you are my favorite mod.

cicero

Amir0x said:

:lol :lol

Ah yes, the relative fairness doctrine of amirox. Hopefully we get the typical amirox relatively fair experience here. Label and deride the game before it is released, pirate the game and continue to troll, follow up with a purchase of the game which is kept sealed until it can be placed in a box of cat litter or toilet bowl and photographed for ultimate trolling effect. Then the sealed title is returned for full value!

More money saved is more money for the ever present drug habit!

2jbv053.jpg

watership

Amir0x said:

The games not out yet and we don't know it's shitty. I like how devs are on Neogaf and It's nice to see Denis and David Jaffe post. But calling him a bitch for standing up for game? Please. :)

cicero said:
:lol :lol

Ah yes, the relative fairness doctrine of amirox. Hopefully we get the typical amirox relatively fair experience here. Label and deride the game before it is released, pirate the game and continue to troll, follow up with a purchase of the game which is kept sealed until it can be placed in a box of cat litter or toilet bowl and photographed for ultimate trolling effect. Then the sealed title is returned for full value!

More money saved is more money for the ever present drug habit!

2jbv053.jpg
i was going to ask how you arrived at this conclusion when i realized that if Amir0x could say the game is shitty without playing it anything is possible, heck i might start believing in love again that you amir0x.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
ruby_onix said:
Denis

I had been a fan of yours since you posted on the IGN Boards, what seems like a good ten years ago. When I started to realize that Xbox 360 was the system I wanted for this generation, Too Human quickly shot up on my "want" list, admittedly for very little solid reason. But since then, probably starting around the time that you called me a retard for noticing that you repeated yourself in an interview, you have slowly destroyed my faith in you, and then some. I can't say I know anything about your unreleased games, but my interest in them is all but gone, and I've seen nothing positive about you or your games to bring it back.

Now if you want to keep thinking of me as a "hater" and a "troll", go right ahead. I've gotten used to it from you. But please don't think of me as a participant in this stupid game of yours. If the game you started in this thread is any indication, Too Human will be pointless and pathetic. But at least it might be amusing in the sense of watching a trainwreck.

applause.gif

now i regret even saying "against" cuz that meant i participated in this stupid charade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom