• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Teknoman

Squad leaders, you guys should just send messages telling everyone where to meet if you find a good game. Not only does everyone get that cool codec sound...

but it also prevents people from getting triple teamed :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
MiamiWesker said:
I'm learning.
As long as you focus your pistoling skills for evil I will accept you as my apprentice. Pistols make a good holdout weapon, but they also serve as an excellent griefing weapon, even more so the tranq pistol. Nothing demoralizes a team like being prone asleep beside two other downed compatriots, with some douche doing laps around them in a box.

Teknoman

I think im gonna lvl up quarterback some more. I always seem to tag people in obscure areas :lol

Also dont forget SOP link at start (has anyone ever scanner injected someone?)

1stStrike

Banned
I setup a dedicated in rosemary. neogaf/believe. same as always. It'll be there for the next 10 hours while I'm at work, so when you guys run out of places to play feel free to hit that up.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I setup a dedicated in rosemary. neogaf/believe. same as always. It'll be there for the next 10 hours while I'm at work, so when you guys run out of places to play feel free to hit that up.
Well that server lasted a good 180 seconds :lol

KGKK

Banned
Got a question about the scanner, when you inject it, does it stay in them the whole round or only till they die?

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well that server lasted a good 180 seconds :lol

Yah cause I saw 2.40 was out so I'm going to update first. I'll put it back up once I'm done updating.

2.40 makes MGO's mail obsolete as we'll be able to message each other on the PSN from within a game instead of having to leave the game to send mail.

On that note, my PSN is striketh

Add me! I expect at least 10 invites when I come back from work (or not)

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Yah cause I saw 2.40 was out so I'm going to update first. I'll put it back up once I'm done updating.

2.40 makes MGO's mail obsolete as we'll be able to message each other on the PSN from within a game instead of having to leave the game to send mail.
Only if you hook Nozdeuce an invite

Edit: just invited you

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Only if you hook Nozdeuce an invite

Edit: just invited you

Cool, gotcha. Server is back up! And, the xmb is great but it definitely isn't as smooth as it is out of game like they claim (but hey, it's awesome that we can finally get in-game xmb now at least)

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Good stuff guys, I hardly played Rescue so those maps + rescue was all new to me. Damn you guys and your Sonic the Hedgehog teamate, who was it Bruce, Brian, forget his name. That guy was a rocket.
B. Wayne, his real secret is tampering with his router so he can lag and teleport grab =/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1stStrike said:
Cool, gotcha. Server is back up! And, the xmb is great but it definitely isn't as smooth as it is out of game like they claim (but hey, it's awesome that we can finally get in-game xmb now at least)
It varies by game. SSHD = Smooth Warhawk & MGO = Stuttering Stanley

Anybody else only getting the old PS menu while in game? In the menu screens and the lobby I get the In-Game XMB. In an actual game I got the old menu ;_;

OatmealMu

Killthee said:

Anybody else only getting the old PS menu while in game? In the menu screens and the lobby I get the In-Game XMB. In an actual game I got the old menu ;_;

Huh. Haven't tried MGO but I get the XMB when I play singleplayer.

1stStrike

Banned
Killthee said:

Humm..I don't have many PSN games. I got PAIN and velocity bowling but they aren't really enough to hold my interest. It's all about MGO right now for me..and I'm really looking forward to the new maps.

It drives me nuts when we play a game mode on something like urban assault and then the host has another game mode on the exact same map right after. I need variety!

And..so far xmb shows up everywhere for me when I hit the PS button.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1stStrike said:
And..so far xmb shows up everywhere for me when I hit the PS button.
Even while inside a map in MGO? Guess I must have been holding the PS button :lol

Which locations from MGS4 would you guys like to see as downloadable maps in MGO? I'd kill for a Shadow Moses map and South American one.

Also, if they're gonna rip maps from MGS4, they should be free

1stStrike

Banned
BlockBastard said:
Which locations from MGS4 would you guys like to see as downloadable maps in MGO? I'd kill for a Shadow Moses map and South American one.

I agree with both those. I've been dying for a map with some greenery on it. I wanna crawl through the woods and go ape shit crazy sniping where nobody can see me.

And yes, free updates..though they might charge for something else. If they ever add anything worth while to the konami store I'd have no problem buying them. All we've got right now are character slots and emote messages though..not really worth the money.

I'd like to see new costumes/skins

Teknoman

BlockBastard said:

Those 2 (complete with the blizzard) and the South American market area with fully destructable tables and stuff.

1stStrike

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
=(

Sorry. I hate to be the person who seems to be ruining the experience for other people

No, you're relatively easy to deal with most of the time..there's a couple guys in the gaff clan that are much more annoying to play against.

Also, the market place...meeeh. We have enough urban warfare environments..I'm not against adding it in, but at least add in the wilderness portion of south america first. The mansion area or the power station are both two great spots that could make for some fun times.

duckroll

Head's up, from this week's Famitsu:

July 4th:

New modes - Team Sneaking, Headshot kill

July 17th:

Bonus Pack (1200yen) - Johnny and Meryl playable, Female PMCs can be created, 3 new maps, Official Survival Battle can be played

ChryZ

duckroll said:

July 4th:

July 17th:

Bonus Pack (1200yen) - Johnny and Meryl playable, Female PMCs can be created, 3 new maps, Official Survival Battle can be played
Cheers!

Indeed

Oh Snap Oh Snap Oh Snap!!!

What could Headshot Kill be? However gets the most headshots wins? Sounds like a normal TDM to me :S

1stStrike

Banned
duckroll said:

July 4th:

July 17th:

*does a barrel roll*

Team Sneaking sounds intriguing. JASON! YOU AND ME..WE GOT THIS!

I wanna play as Raiden not Johnny, damnit. It could still be interesting though. And yes..new maps!

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Nozdeuce said:
As long as you focus your pistoling skills for evil I will accept you as my apprentice. Pistols make a good holdout weapon, but they also serve as an excellent griefing weapon, even more so the tranq pistol. Nothing demoralizes a team like being prone asleep beside two other downed compatriots, with some douche doing laps around them in a box.

About that... Do you ever use SMGs? Kinda don't get why someone would op for an SMG instead of a pistol/rifle combo.

duckroll said:
It's a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. How much is the Codec expansion pack in Japan?

duckroll

Indeed said:
Oh Snap Oh Snap Oh Snap!!!

What could Headshot Kill be? However gets the most headshots wins? Sounds like a normal TDM to me :S

I *think* it's a setting where you can only kill with a headshot. I'll post more information when I have it.

Edit: Okay here's what's been posted on 2ch so far.

The 3 maps are Shadow Moses, Meiling's Ship and MGS1 Heliport. (OMG WUT)

Team Sneaking is the only new MODE. It has two teams, a sneaking team and a defending team. The sneaking team can use stealth camo.

The headshot kill is a mode SETTING. When it is turned on, you can only kill a player with a headshot.

1stStrike

Banned
duckroll said:
I *think* it's a setting where you can only kill with a headshot. I'll post more information when I have it.

I don't know how I feel about that..if that's the case anyway. I mean, it's already ridicuously easy to get headshots as it is in MGO anyway so it really wouldn't be that different from normal.

Team Sneaking sounds much more interesting. I bet that'll have a frustrating side to it too though. Just like with rescue you'll have guys that don't know what the hell they're doing and ruin the game for your team.

Watching longmeat and yungmike stand on the red team spawn today talking on mics like, "dude i'm standing on the red spot, what the hell? how do i win" was both funny and painful at the same time =\

Oh and on a side note, I joined a random game and got called a fag and this guy kept on trying to get me kicked because I whooped his ass. Horrible spelling and grammar too. It was pretty funny. He was like, "1stStrike get out of here faGg nobody wants you here" and everyone was like.."what's wrong with this guy?!"

Weirdos =\

Teknoman

BlockBastard said:

duckroll said:

Edit: Okay here's what's been posted on 2ch so far.

Team Sneaking is the only new MODE. It has two teams, a sneaking team and a defending team. The sneaking team can use stealth camo.

The headshot kill is a mode SETTING. When it is turned on, you can only kill a player with a headshot.

Block what have you done? :lol

Ephemeris

duckroll said:

July 4th:

July 17th:

6h2p6qr.gif

Team Sneaking was spotlighted in the strategy guide, but the maps are news to me. Shadow Moses? FUCK. YES.
KONAMI: TAKE MY MONEY.
8eh4scn.gif

1stStrike said:
*does a barrel roll*

Team Sneaking sounds intriguing. JASON! YOU AND ME..WE GOT THIS!
Oh yes. There shall be blood. And I'm sure the headshot-kill setting will feel right at home for Noz and Wesker. :lol

duckroll said:

July 4th:

July 17th:

Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my stats... Gotta delete my char so I can create a female one ^^

Ephemeris

Metalmurphy said:
Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my stats... Gotta delete my char so I can create a female one ^^

That is gonna suck if you need to delete your char instead of editting :/

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
6h2p6qr.gif

Team Sneaking was spotlighted in the strategy guide, but the maps are news to me. Shadow Moses? FUCK. YES.
KONAMI: TAKE MY MONEY.
8eh4scn.gif

Oh yes. There shall be blood. And I'm sure the headshot-kill setting will feel right at home for Noz and Wesker. :lol

Yea, I can't wait. Unless the attacking team has some thermal goggles or something I can totally see me destroying just about everyone with the stealth camo. It's bad enough that I snipe already, but an invisible sniper will really piss some people off.

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
Yea, I can't wait. Unless the attacking team has some thermal goggles or something I can totally see me destroying just about everyone with the stealth camo. It's bad enough that I snipe already, but an invisible sniper will really piss some people off.
According to the guide:

Team Sneaking
The attacking team is equipped with stealth camo and must capture an objective, while the defending team protects the target.

Btw, the Stealth Camo is an item like the box or drum (like in single player). Other than the one NVG per map, I don't think the other team is gonna get anything special to combat the stealth stuff. Infact, it looks almost like Rescue; but with the invisibility factor.

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
According to the guide:

Team Sneaking
The attacking team is equipped with stealth camo and must capture an objective, while the defending team protects the target.

Btw, the Stealth Camo is an item like the box or drum (like in single player). Other than the one NVG per map, I don't think the other team is gonna get anything special to combat the stealth stuff. Infact, it looks almost like Rescue; but with the invisibility factor.

I think I will be playing a lot of team sneaking matches. Huge kill count boost, confirmed :p

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
I think I will be playing a lot of team sneaking matches. Huge kill count boost, confirmed :p
Indeed. I wonder if it would be akin to Snake's Sneaking Missions and actually be a negative if you go the 'kill everybody' route. Hmm...

*Takes the SVD out of strike's hand and gives him a Mosin instead.*

There. Problem Solved.:lol

Btw, Invisible or not, the GA-KO stays on top your head so I'd imagine you'd be tracked by radar.

jonhuz said:
Regarding emblem creation, can I make 32x32 jpg and save it on the PS3 HDD and select it in MGO?
You have to make it inside of MGO's emblem creator thing. Speaking of which, I STILL cannot edit Fox Unit's emblem. And I know it's definitely been a week by now :/

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Indeed. I wonder if it would be akin to Snake's Sneaking Missions and actually be a negative if you go the 'kill everybody' route. Hmm...

*Takes the SVD out of strike's hand and gives him a Mosin instead.*

There. Problem Solved.:lol

Btw, Invisible or not, the GA-KO stays on top your head so I'd imagine you'd be tracked by radar.

So, you would rather have a giant man-pile of tranq'd bodies while i run up and knife you all instead? :p

It just sounds like you have to actually reach the target not capture it and take it anywhere..it might be more akin to the sneaking missions from MGS3's online mode where snake just had to get to a certain point without dying. Though, the stealth camo had a battery that ran out fairly quickly so you had to use it sparingly.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BlockBastard said:
release that shit on the PSN so I can use a prepaid card, konami! YOU LIKE MONEY DON'T YOU

I wonder if when they release this shit as a standalone download MGS4 owners can grab it for free to launch from XMB? :(

1stStrike

Banned
JTran2003 said:
I'm glad I decided to get back into MGO. I gave up on it a few days after MGS4 was released (The learning curve was brutal.. at least in my case). Now, I can pretty much carry my own weight.

Can't wait for the updates..

BTW, ID: MemoryCell ..I wished I had stuck with my gaf name.. but meh.

Yea, MGO is really brutal at first. You get in thinking it's going to be just like the single player and you're going to wtfpwn (I had just come from beating it on the boss extreme too) and then..BLAM you're getting owned.

Edit: I see you edited your post..but I beat you to the punch so..I've stolen your woooords.

Top Bottom