• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 6/16 - 6/22

jesusraz said:
Anyone care to do the 31-50 translation, please?

30. [NDS] More TOEIC Test DS Training (IE Institute)
31. [NDS] Spectral Force Genesis (Idea Factory)
32. [NDS] Tottadoo! Yoiko no Mujintou Seikatsu (Bandai Namco)
33. [PS2] Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2 the Best) (Konami)
34. [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Pokemon)
35. [NDS] Animal Crossing WW (Nintendo)
36. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + (Konami)
37. [NDS] Kanji Test + Kanji Brain (IE Institute)
38. [NDS] Fushigi? Kagaku: Nazotoki Quiz Training - NazoTore (Bennesse)
39. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)
40. [NDS] Tea Dog's Room 3 (MTO)
41. [NDS] More English Training (Nintendo)
42. [Wii] Battalion Wars 2 (Nintendo)
43. [NDS] 99 no Namida (Bandai Namco)
44. [NDS] Sim City 2 (EA)
45. [NDS] Phoenix Wright (New Best Price! 2000) (Capcom)
46. [NDS] Taiko no Tatsujin DS (Bandai Namco)
47. [NDS] Ace Attorney (New Best Price! 2000) (Capcom)
48. [PS2] Sorayume (Takuyo)
49. [Wii] Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 (Koei)
50. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games (Nintendo)

here it is, sorry for some different names

HK-47 said:
Can I get a comparison of all Derby Stallion games on record, josh?
Here are the three I've got; 2002's Derby Stallion Advance, 2004's Derby Stallion 04, and 2006's Derby Stallion Portable.
PSP+-+DS+P

Ydahs

norinrad21 said:
what are Scamco's expectations for ToS wii?
I wouldn't expect it to be too high. I'm sure they're pleased with a 120k opening day. Hopefully the game breaks 250k in Japan!

What's with Japan any way, and their fear of good games? <_< Super Mario Galaxy was a victim too. It seems like all they're interested in now is quirky, casual DS and Wii titles. Not that deeper games don't sell at all, but they seem to draw much less enthusiasm, for some reason, than Brain Age, Mario Party, Wii Fit, etc. Were Japan software sales always like this?

botticus said:
Nice to see this one last longer on the charts than the first game.
Now that this is brought up, I notice that by Famitsu's count it's overtaken the original. And though it's dropped from the top 30, it will at least get one more update in 2008's Top 500 list.

Blue: Original
Red: Sequel

Kinda crazy that with since the strategy Wars have fallen off so much, Battalion Wars is now the biggest face of the Wars franchise in Japan.
bigmaskstudios said:
Super Mario Galaxy was a victim too.
Ehhh. It's hard for me to feel sad over a game which has sold better than every 3D platformer other than the two versions of Super Mario 64.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
JJ, :D . That's all I can say man. Just :D . The trajectory presentation will change the way we think about things here. I'm convinced. When you do multiple games, I'm starting to see a big block in the lower middle where we are most likely to see a game perform. I think this is the value of what we (you) created. Cool shit.

bigmakstudios said:
What's with Japan any way, and their fear of good games? <_< Super Mario Galaxy was a victim too. It seems like all they're interested in now is quirky, casual DS and Wii titles. Not that deeper games don't sell at all, but they seem to draw much less enthusiasm, for some reason, than Brain Age, Mario Party, Wii Fit, etc. Were Japan software sales always like this?

Why does it have to be about an entire country? Why can't it be about current marketing practices, the economy/consumer indeces, poor execution on the Developer/Publisher side, horrendous pricing structures, and new audiences being engaged when they previously weren't?

"Japan" likes just as many hardcore games as they always have. There's just a lot more people that play games now that don't. Why does this have to be a measurement of an entire country (120 million people?) and their taste? Why make such ridiculous comments when just a week or two ago MGS4 did as well as any MGS game ever has?

bigmakstudios said:
Huh? PS2's most successful plattformer was R&C, and that wasn't even a straight plattformer and sold over 400k short of SMG (which should still be selling too). And this isn't exclusive to Japan anyways, all these titles sell extremely well in Europe too.

Games with a broad appeal sell more, nothing new there.

bigmakstudios said:
I'm unsure if this is supposed to be retardation, racism, or nationalism.

Jokeropia

test_account said:
I did kinda "reacted" (or what i shall say) to when he said that it would sell 5 million, but i wasnt sure how popular The Tower could be. I guess i could have checked into it before i replied, sorry.
Haha, it's nothing to apologize for.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Did we ever get the Famitsu top 100 for May? I feel like we didn't..

donny2112

schuelma said:
Did we ever get the Famitsu top 100 for May? I feel like we didn't..

We didn't. I'm hoping that since it came out later than usual for May, that ELSPA just hasn't gotten to putting it up, yet. Maybe they'll add it at the same time as June's. (It's a Top 50, btw ;) ) The Top 20 for May is available at Yahoo, though.

Excellent work on the trendtracker, JoshuaJSlone! :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Jokeropia said:
Haha, it's nothing to apologize for.
Ye, i guess wasnt really anything to apologize for, but right there and then i just felt like saying sorry since i could have checked before i replied :) But now i know that he was being sarcastic atleast :)

schuelma

jesusraz said:
It was 400,000, I believe, according to the financial report released a month or so ago.

I thought ToS:KoR wasn't even listed.

jesusraz

Not sure. I know the new Tales DS has projected sales of 400,000. Perhaps I'm thinking of the Wii version of Taiko no Tatsujin...

creamsugar

famitsu

Wii&#65295;60,114
PSP&#65295;55,882
DSL&#65295;51,041
PS3&#65295;18,688
PS2&#65295;8,106
360&#65295;3,160

TOSR - 151,000
Daigasso! Band Brothers DX - 122,000

schuelma

creamsugar said:
famitsu

Wii&#65295;60,114
PSP&#65295;55,882
DSL&#65295;51,041
PS3&#65295;18,688
PS2&#65295;8,106
360&#65295;3,160

TOSR - 151,000

Whoa..stock problems? It reportedly had 120K 1st day..

schuelma

flipping_heck said:
Didn't it sell like 60-70% stock on first day?

Reportedly 75%, but the initial shipment should have been 170K..thought it would get closer to that.

Bo130

What was the LTD for Daigasso!? 600k? I thought this would have done better for a first week :(. Still good, though.

Vinnk

Sorry for no Vinnk's village report this week. I was just too busy. I did visit a few stores though so I will try to write something small up tomorrow. In short, lots of MGS4 on shelves. A few used (but not as many as I thought) and a few used MGS4 bundles. No price collapse on Mario Baseball. ToS seemed to be selling pretty well, but not sold out.

creamsugar said:
famitsu

Wii&#65295;60,114
PSP&#65295;55,882
DSL&#65295;51,041
PS3&#65295;18,688
PS2&#65295;8,106
360&#65295;3,160

TOSR - 151,000

I predicted 150k for ToSII for the entire week. I was right. GREAT first week for Band Bros DX.

I´ve no idea, 2chan sucks today, they´ve the numbers, but no one posts them. >_>

That´s all we have in the moment:

1. Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World (Wii) 151.000 [151.000]
2. Derby Stallion DS (NDS)
3. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (NDS) 122.000 [122.000]
4. Hisshou Pachinko Pachislot Series Vol. 12: CR Neon Genesis Evangelion ~Shito Hutatabi~ (PS2)
5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna Vol. 1: Tatari (NDS)
6. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots (PS3) 32.000 [576.000]
7. Wii Fit (Wii)
8. Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono (PSP)
9. Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation: Troy (360)
10. Mario Stadium Baseball (Wii)

toypop

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216276_1124.html
numbers are from retailers thread on 2ch.

1. Wii ToSR 151K
2. NDS DerbyStallion 147K
3. NDS Band Bros 122K
4. PS2 Pachinko Eva 50K
5. NDS Higurashi 42K
6. PS3 MGS4 32K
7. Wii Wii Fit
8. PSP totomono 30K
9. 360 Gundam 29K
10 Wii Mario Studium

PS2 BASARAX 26K
PS2 KOF98 16K
NDS BLEACH 22K
NDS disgaea 14K
NDS Game Kentei 10K
NDS Spice&Wolf 10K
360 BF:BC 14K
PS3 ETQW 2.6K
PS3 Darkness 1.8K

schuelma

Captain Smoker said:
I´ve no idea, 2chan sucks today, they´ve the numbers, but no one posts them. >_>

That´s all we have in the moment:

Thanks..ToS beat out Derby Stallion? That doesn't seem to make much sense given the 1st day members. ToS and Derby both reportedly had 1st day numbers of 120K, but they both only gained about 30K?

Wonder if those 1st day numbers were a bit off...

Frillen

perfectchaos007 said:
PS3 only dropped a couple thousand? Thats good. I think we will see it stabilize at around 15K.

It dropped from 24k to 18k. That's a bit more than a couple of thousands ;)

1. Wii ToSR 151K
2. NDS DerbyStallion 147K
3. NDS Band Bros 122K
4. PS2 Pachinko Eva 50K
5. NDS Higurashi 42K
6. PS3 MGS4 32K
7. Wii Wii Fit
8. PSP totomono 30K
9. 360 Gundam 29K
10 Wii Mario Studium

Whoa! A wild 360 game has appeared!

Japan uses "2nd Week".

Wild 360 game has fainted.

schuelma

perfectchaos007 said:
PS3 only dropped a couple thousand? Thats good. I think we will see it stabilize at around 15K.

No, it dropped about 6K staying consistent and using Famitsu for both weeks.

Edit- damn you Frillen!!

Jammy

Banned
That's a pretty healthy looking week for Japan. It's good to see three 100,000-plus sellers. And I think this is just a confirmation that DS and Wii to an extent just need some more games, not price drops or new colors, to be able to top the Japan charts again. Nintendo's just taken sort of a backseat approach to them in the past few months. I have a feeling E3 is going to be big, though.

DS could see a second wind. It's seeing great third party support, and some huge first party announcements would be great.

schuelma

Jammy said:
That's a pretty healthy looking week for Japan. It's good to see three 100,000-plus sellers. And I think this is just a confirmation that DS and Wii to an extent just need some more games, not price drops or new colors, to be able to top the Japan charts again. Nintendo's just taken sort of a backseat approach to them in the past few months. I have a feeling E3 is going to be big, though.

DS could see a second wind. It's seeing great third party support, and some huge first party announcements would be great.

For the Wii, I think Animal Crossing and Wii Music will give it another decently long term bump.

Top Bottom