• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah, for the record, the only instances of floating Foreruner structures I can think of pre-Halo 4 are platform in the Library, the Delta Halo control room, and the rocket platform on Epitaph. It's fucking everywhere now. Maybe Halo Wars actually started the trend, but still it's on 343 for taking it to such a ridiculous extreme.
Hopefully it was an aesthetic one off unique to Requiem it being everywhere did seem rather out of place.

Rev3rb

Speaking of Burial Mounds, I can't wait to play that One Bomb again.

This was the first MP match I played when H2 came out.
I'll never forget how fun it was running rampant in the ghost while the other team tried to get the bomb guy through the rib cage.

HTupolev

There was a decent amount of technically-floating stuff in the Halo trilogy, but most of it had something resembling a practical purpose. In Halo 1, 343GS and sentinels float for travel, and there are floating elevators on AotCR/TB, 343GS, and Library; the only other floaty thing that immediately comes to mind are the spinny things in the shaft at the start of AotCR. Things also generally felt more "solid", as Forerunner structures weren't just phasing in and out and pretending to be Optimus Prime.

Blood Gulch needs to stop being remade. This collection will already have it in 4 forms: the original, the halo 2 remake, the halo 3 reimagining, and the halo 4 remake of the reimagining. Thankfully Reach isn't in or else we'd have that remake to deal with too. It's enough; updating blood gulch for this collection is an utter waste of a map in my opinion.

blamite

Hopefully it was an aesthetic one off unique to Requiem it being everywhere did seem rather out of place.

I definitely hope that's the case, this guy isn't inspiring much confidence though:

KJPpO4Wl.jpg

Deleted halo 4 from my hard drive yesterday to install reach. Made some room and now my halo 4 disc won't read so I can't install it or even play it. Have an old elite 360, prefer not to use the disc tray and just install games to avoid killing off the old girl. It's not scratched and other discs still work. Anyone have any ideas?

Blood Gulch needs to stop being remade. This collection will already have it in 4 forms: the original, the halo 2 remake, the halo 3 reimagining, and the halo 4 remake of the reimagining. Thankfully Reach isn't in or else we'd have that remake to deal with too. It's enough; updating blood gulch for this collection is an utter waste of a map in my opinion.

Yeah, this. People asking for RVB to unveil the Blood Gulch remake should go watch the one they did for Reach. It's got a billion different iterations already, and from a functionality standpoint I can't see any point to them updating the aesthetics in any way, shape or form. Get too lush and you get Hemorrhage, and get too arid / Halo 4 forerunner-y and you'll get the Halo Wars version.

Slightly OT, but can you guys tell me if this melody for cello sounds familiar? I can't put my finger on it but don't want to be ripping off any tracks. The only thing I can think of is that the first two notes sound kinda Metroid-theme-ish.

Or like that old halo 2 multiplayer demo they showed, that was on zanzibar, would be cool if they recreated that to show off the new features of the xbox one engine
halo 5 engine

Nirvana

Tashi's questions were better.

AR or BR?

BR...is that even a question?

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

50 - SWAT

Favorite Halp 2 map?

Lockout for competitive, Headlong/Foundation/Terminal for customs (anyone remember playing 'The Attic' custom? So much fun)

Favorite all-time Halo map?

Guardian/Lockout/Sidewinder

blinkz

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

2+ Years, lurked for about a year prior to joining

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?

older than I would like to be, st petersburg florida usa

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Purchased Halo CE the day it came out with the Xbox and have played all except Halo Wars.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

MLG, Objective, Team Slayer, Some BTB

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.

Started at bungie and halocharts before founding halotracker with two friends stayed there for a year running it before things went salty and I decided it was best to move on. Now its really just neogaf and sometimes teambeyond.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.

Big fan of the fallout and bioshock series and I dabble in any competitive fps.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

I do sales for a bearing company and play guitar when I'm not gaming

It doesn't really at all. It looks silly I think with all the floaty bits.

But what if you could fly it?

I bet that's a war sphinx or similar. Forerunner vehicles/battlearmor were curiously absent from Halo 4. Maybe there's flappy animations with sand effects. Maybe not. "Forerunner Tank"?

-Ryn

Banned

I bet that's a war sphinx or similar. Forerunner vehicles/battlearmor were curiously absent from Halo 4. Maybe there's flappy animations with sand effects. Maybe not. "Forerunner Tank"?
I'm hoping that those HUGE wings aren't just for show. Would really love to see what the purpose of its design is and what it can do. Though there's always the possibility that it was just a concept that won't make it into the actual game.

Please let it be in

Nebula

For anyone wondering how to get to their Halo 3 play time, just sign in on Waypoint and hover over career (just under your username at the top right) and click on Halo 3 stats. It's on that page right near the top.

I want to set up my xbox but I'm feeling really lazy at the moment. Maybe later when people are on. Anyone playing later?

-Ryn

Banned
For anyone wondering how to get to their Halo 3 play time, just sign in on Waypoint and hover over career (just under your username at the top right) and click on Halo 3 stats. It's on that page right near the top.

I want to set up my xbox but I'm feeling really lazy at the moment. Maybe later when people are on. Anyone playing later?
How later? I might be on.

Madness

"Gear up for the Guardians beta by unlocking exclusive content in The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Nightfall. These exclusive items will carry over into Halo 5: Guardians."

Wonder what the exclusive content is? Probably armor, some gun skins?

"Gear up for the Guardians beta by unlocking exclusive content in The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Nightfall. These exclusive items will carry over into Halo 5: Guardians."

Exclusive Armor Lock and Jet Pack 2.0 Spartan Abilities

jem0208

Hopefully skins etc. Halo 2/3 chief armour would be cool.

Mistel

Banned
Well I think it looks angelic and intimidating. So yeah... take that.
There's a neon genesis evangelion joke in there I can't put my finger on.

If I could fly it I still would dislike the whole floating piece aesthetic it just seems so out of place to me. Going from minimal to it being predominant.

Top Bottom