• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Castlevania Judgement Wii screens

boco77

Banned
Look like a first gen ps2 game. Shame its not HD and a real Castlevania game thats on a proper next gen console.

castlevania_wii_204459_all_0.jpg

castlevania_wii_211833_all.jpg

castlevania_wii_212406_all.jpg

castlevania_wii_212847_all_0.jpg

castlevania_wii_214009_all_0.jpg

castlevania_wii_220218_all.jpg

castlevania_wii_221040_all.jpg

castlevania_wii_225549_all.jpg

castlevania_wii_233332_all_0.jpg

castlevania_wii_234040_all.jpg

http://games.schrijversblok.nl/?p=33

samratty

Outside of the graphics for a second (as your images and link don't work for me), I really don't see Castlevania as a good choice for a fighter. I love the series a tonne, but I never really found that characters iconic enough to make a fighter.
Still, we'll see.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Don't you have bigger screens?

EDIT : Graphics aren't that bad, sort of want... but I'm sure the first gameplay footage/ article will change this.

[Nintex]

Someone should tell konami that the Wii does not support 2560x1920

I guess these'll look better at a normal resolution.

EDarkness

Look like a first gen ps2 game. Shame its not HD and a real Castlevania game thats on a proper next gen console.

Why even bother with posting these screens if you're just gonna dog on the game and lay down some flame bait? I don't understand people....

Ouch, these screens REALLY shouldn't be in that high a resolution, it's not flattering at all. The art style itself looks fine, though...I'm happy with that.

So far, so good. All the bits of the traditional Castlevania they have tossed in with the 3D fighting sounds pretty promising, and the visuals look fine to me. Still on my watch list!

boco77

Banned
I love castlevania too but this announcement is as bad as Parasite Eve for cell phones or a normal Chrono Triggger port on DS (no sequel).

Ramenman

SOMEONE QUICKLY RESIZE THIS SHIT IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE ITS A DAMN WII GAME GRAAAAHHH.

Developpers, developpers, developpers.

Ranger X

Those pictures are way overblown and it makes them look worse than it is. This doesn't look like a first gen PS2 game. :lol

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Aside from the ginormous resolution and ugly HUD sprites, that looks fine for a Wii game. Pretty blatant trolling in the OP.

LaneDS

Super high definition pictures of a Wii game, great idea.

Also, what the fuck at the character designs. OoE rolled back the anime designs and this game apparently inherited them. Konami would be better off polling the internet for game ideas if this is the shit they come up with on their own.

duckroll

Ramenman said:
SOMEONE QUICKLY RESIZE THIS SHIT IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE ITS A DAMN WII GAME GRAAAAHHH.

Developpers, developpers, developpers.

Yeah, resizing would be good, then we can actually SEE the direct feed screens. I would think most people aren't on a resolution high enough to see any of the pics entirely on their monitor. :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
WTF are those screens? Is it meant to be played on a TV from the future? :lol

Anyway, I don't remember: is it supposed to be a Wiiware game, or just a retail game?

ColR100

JonnyBrad said:
Nice troll in the OP.
Yeh, pretty much.

I can't even appreciate these screens because I can't even see the whole image at once.

Resize stuff like this and host it yourself before posting.

Ranger X

LaneDS said:
Super high definition pictures of a Wii game, great idea.

Also, what the fuck at the character designs. OoE rolled back the anime designs and this game apparently inherited them. Konami would be better off polling the internet for game ideas if this is the shit they come up with on their own.

Seriously.

Kilrogg said:
Anyway, I don't remember: is it supposed to be a Wiiware game, or just a retail game?

Retail, safe to say. Really nothing about it doesn't look or sound like a proper disc release.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Not really. Soul Caliber 2 looked a lot better on all of the last gen systems.

Sure, the models don't appear to be the best we've ever seen on this level of hardware, but they still definitely look good.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Ranger X said:
This doesn't look like a first gen PS2 game. :lol

yeah -- tekken tag tournament spanks it. this looks more like a second gen dreamcast game

botticus

Luckily I have a dual display so I only have to scroll up and down to see the whole image. Good Lord.

Looks about on par with what I expected it to be.

[Nintex]

I resized them:
Note: These are just resized with photoshop, so I don't think that this his how the game will look on the Wii.

Judgement1.jpg

Judgement2.jpg

Judgement3.jpg

Judgement4.jpg

Judgement5.jpg

Judgement6.jpg

Judgement7.jpg

Judgement8.jpg

Judgement9.jpg

Judgement10.jpg

Here's one resized to 640x480 (Don't have time to do the rest.)

edit: beat.

20apits.jpg

Not the greatest, but the "First gen PS2" tripe being spewed is hyperbole at very least.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm still in awe at what a blatantly horrible idea this game is. or maybe it's a great idea: if it's true what people tell me that castlevania isn't nearly so popular as i once thought it was, and only plays to its fanbase, then here's a cheap way to cash in on those fanatics without having to put in the money to make assets for a full adventure-style game. good call, konami.

CoolS

Those big screens are the dumbest thing I've seen in a VERY long time, especially snce it looks quite nice when in proper resolution.

Captain N

It seems like it could turn out to be an alright game based on the Nintendo Power reveal. I'll wait until I see video next week before I dismiss it all together.

boco77

Banned
trolling? I'm just saying they should have made a proper Castlevania game on a next gen system. 2d/3d doesnt matter. How many people would have been excited by a 360/PS3 Castlevania game? I play Castlevania for the exploration and cool items and rpg elements and music, not so I can watch bouncing boobs like in Dead or Alive or do 544 hit floating combos.
Instead Konami are doing this because more people own a Wii, not giving a crap about listening to their fans by making it a fighter instead too.

duckroll

The game looks sharp at native res, but the designs are really horrid. There are some stuff that look pretty nice, like the 2D pumpkins, but seriously the game looks awful from both a design appeal standpoint and a gameplay appeal standpoint. Does anyone really want a Castlevania fighter?

boco77 said:
trolling? I'm just saying they should have made a proper Castlevania game on a next gen system. 2d/3d doesnt matter. How many people would have been excited by a 360/PS3 Castlevania game? I play Castlevania for the exploration and cool items and rpg elements and music, not so I can watch bouncing boobs like in Dead or Alive or do 544 hit floating combos.
Instead Konami are doing this because more people own a Wii, not giving a crap about listening to their fans by making it a fighter instead too.

I don't give a damn about the system it's on, but I'd love a new console 2D Castlevania.

Top Bottom