• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

Is Geoff Johns take on Captain Marvel and all that any good? I heard he made Billy "darker", which confuses the hell out of me as to why they would do that, but am still curious as I like the character.

Not that Marvel is doing a hell of a lot better, but at least I haven't seen them do quite as many stupid things since they rebooted their series'.
Except for the large amount of $3.99+ books and Age of Ultron, I really don't have anything to complain about with Marvel over the past few years. I love a lot of the books they've been putting out.

Man, I don't even care anymore. Too little, too late Fraction.

Honestly, I think the delay is mostly on Aja. Didn't the same thing happen with Iron Fist?

Is Geoff Johns take on Captain Marvel and all that any good? I heard he made Billy "darker", which confuses the hell out of me as to why they would do that, but am still curious as I like the character.

It's great. Honestly, I was only reading Justice League for the Shazam back-ups and I know I'm not alone.

Honestly, I think the delay is mostly on Aja. Didn't the same thing happen with Iron Fist?

Yeah. I'm clinging to the Jedeye idea that it'll be fine when it's all collected.

lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

Bii

If you liked Infinity, check out some Cosmic Marvel stuff if you haven't already. The Thanos Imperative is amazing.

Thanks for that recommendation, I haven't read it yet. And I just ordered it. :)

Can ComicGAF recommend any good crime/detective comics?

I'm currently reading The Fuse, published by Image Comics. It's only five issues in and the arc is going to be done soon, so you can still grab back issues fairly easily if you want the physical floppies or just wait until the trade comes out in September 2014.. It's a murder-mystery set on an orbiting platform miles above Earth. The comic is really solid and the pacing is well managed.

!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone offer any advice on using DCBS? I'm thinking about switching to it to save some money. Can I add series to a pull list or do I have to add each issue manually for every month's preorder?

Owzers

Can anyone offer any advice on using DCBS? I'm thinking about switching to it to save some money. Can I add series to a pull list or do I have to add each issue manually for every month's preorder?

they had a pull list option but, several years back, when tried to use it it would add all the variants of those issues you pull as well and i had to delete each one. They might have fixed this. I tried to tinker just now with that old pull list and i had morning glories on it, it adds the new issue and all the trades that were rereleased with it, it adds Fatale's Image Digital First issue, etc. Before it adds it to your cart, you can 0 out the ones you didn't want.

Messi

So, its taken me a fair bit of time to write this post. Mostly because I am hopelessly optimistic in most things and somewhat stubborn. I kept my small flame alight for Catwoman for many months through sheer optimism choosing to be in denial about just how bad Ann Nocenti's series is. But I can't take it anymore. I feel like I am being taken for a ride by DC and Ann Nocenti. They are preying on people's love for Selina Kyle and turning out a book that is beyond sub par, greedily taking the fans $2.99 each month with little regard for quality.

I refuse to believe that Ann Nocenti sits back after finishing a script and thinks to herself "Yep, thats a good story". What galls me the most is not the horrendous scripts that contradict themselves over and over again sometimes on the same page. But more so the complete disregard for Selina's character or motivations. You could swap out Catwoman for any other character and they would fit in just the same. This is not a Catwoman book it is a generic anti hero book. Ann Nocenti has taken the decent work done by Judd Winnick and completely dismantled it.

I wonder if DC higher up's look at Catwoman pulling 20,000 sales a month and are happy with that. Seeing in the same list that the critically acclaimed Harley Quinn is pulling close to 65,000 a month. These books shouldn't be that far apart. If a Catwoman book was treated like Harley Quinn then those sales could be much closer. Catwoman fans want a book they can enjoy and share with others. As it is right now I am ashamed to be a Catwoman reader.

But I wont take it anymore. I wont give them any more money until they fix what is wrong creatively. I bought the floppies, I bought the trades, I supported the character and they have treated me with such disregard. My money will no longer support Ann Nocenti. Hell, I am angry enough that I let it get to this stage. That month after month I shit up with this thread ironically calling her Queen Nocenti and actually trying to review the book. To give constructive critique. I am sorry to anyone who has been bothered by me talking about Ann Nocenti. From this point on I am going to refuse to talk about her until she has left Catwoman and moved onto something else less close to my heart.

TLDR: Catwoman, Dropped. Fix this shit DC.

tumblr_ljm5fbQ42c1qdtmwjo1_500.gif

fertygo

DC Book that I currently care about.

Great tier
Tomasi's Batman & Robin.
Azzarelo's WonderWoman

Very good tier
Snyder and Capullo's Batman
Detective Comic since #30

Good tier
Action Comic

Need artist change tier.
Batgirl

Good distraction for every week.
Batman Eternal

Somehow I enjoy this/Guilty Pleasure/Messi tier
Red hood and The Outlaws.

Look at this diverse list..

MG310

Just read Original Sin 3.1. If that guy reading Civil War thought THAT made Iron Man an irredeemable prick he hasn't seen anything yet.

ReiGun

If Geoff Johns's Billy Batson counts as dark, the word "dark" as used to describe tone is basically meaningless.

That said, it's great stuff.

Messi

That article about the Harley invading Comic Con one shot on CBR sounds wonderful.

Harley will apparently run into
Stephen Amell
and she is there to
pitch her comic, 'Hurl Girl' whos power is to vomit. The pages of her book that Harley draws will be done by Amanda Conner.

I couldn't be more excited.

That article about the Harley invading Comic Con one shot on CBR sounds wonderful.

Stephen Amell
and she is there to
pitch her comic, 'Hurl Girl' whos power is to vomit. The pages of her book that Harley draws will be done by Amanda Conner.

That actually does sound pretty fun

Stephen Amell
and she is there to

That sounds awesome. When is this supposed to be coming out?

MG310

The Canary has landed :D Along with Capullo Batman and Nightwing, and Arkham Origins Killer Croc - who is a hell of a figure especially since he's at the same price as a normal sized one (Probably as an apology for 99 percent of the 70 dollar Arkham Asylum Croc's arms snapping off if you looked at them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom