• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) revealed in new Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Hero of legend said:
The little "white tear" or whatever in the very top-left corner is different in both magazines.

But... why are both on a grayish pad or whatever? Kind of a coincidence.
All Scanners have a greyish pad. That is the LID.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sereniel said:
Remeber the time Sonic was all about going really really fast and collecting rings?
What the hell happend.

he became a whore......

HUELEN10 said:
All Scanners have a greyish pad. That is the LID.

Honestly, it looks more like a scanned photo.

Wouldn't a direct scan just show the thing scanned only and not it's background or the thing it was on? Like with Famitsu scans and such?

HUELEN10

Tenbatsu said:
Why does it have to be Sonic?
Because he can really move, and he's got an attitude. Sonic; he's the fastest thing alive. Blue streak speeding by, too fast for the naked eye man! Look out when storms through, for you shouldn't doubt what he can do.

Typing that brought a tear to my eye...

CaVaYeRo said:
I don't understand the hate... when the previous exclusive Sonic game was pretty good IMO.

We aren't even sure this is the same team. Sonic games nowadays are more bad than they are good. A couple of "above average" spin-off and sidestory games in the franchise do not redeem it from the utter, gut-wrenching failures we suffer otherwise.

Sonic the Hedgehog deserves not a single ounce of blind faith, especially not from cover artwork that depicts him wielding a sword. One of the most unique aspects of his character, something his very visual design was based off of, something a very large portion of his gameplay was spawned from, is that he basically turns in to a buzzsaw when he curls up in to a ball and rolls.

Any bullshit about the sword being magical and him needing it for some reason or another is dumb. Period. This is on par with giving Superman a jet pack to fly with. If you saw that, just one single image of Superman putting on a jet pack in order to fly, without context, you'd probably shake your head in pity just as we are for this dumbass artwork of Sonic with a sword.

Sega, it seems, is throwing anything at the wall with regards this franchise and hoping - desperately praying - that something sticks, even if it completely destroys the very visual design of the character itself.

Sega1991 said:
This is on par with giving Superman a jet pack to fly with. If you saw that, just one single image of Superman putting on a jet pack in order to fly, without context, you'd probably shake your head in pity just as we are for this dumbass artwork of Sonic with a sword.

That might actually be a rather funny picture.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have no source, but this are supposed to be information from the NP article...

1. - First person gameplay
  2. - With west rpg elements
  3. - No MotionPlus compatible
  4. - Coming 2009, Wii exclusive

LOL - If true.... oblivion for kids ? haha

HUELEN10

cw_sasuke said:
I have no source, but this are supposed to be information from the NP article...

LOL - If true....

FIRST PERSON!?!?!?!?!?

Oh God make this not be true....

I have vertigo. FUCK.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cw_sasuke said:

LOL - If true....

Sonic Quest Swords

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
cw_sasuke said:

That's just what everyone wants from a Sonic game!

Well done Sega!

I hope this is true, it will be God's gift to GAF ...

cw_sasuke said:

:lol

HOLY SHIT

I was just about to make a joke about "What's next? FIRST PERSON SONIC?"

And lo!

Too fucking funny. :lol

Oh, shit. *wipes away tear*

This is what I'm expecting from this game:

- King Arthur story like some have already suggested, hopefully without that annoying fairy or genie or whatever she was.
- Running levels like Sonic and the Secret Rings broken up by...
- Both arena and running sword fights with groups of enemies and bosses

If it's like that, I'm really hoping that it doesn't have the same terrible structure that SATSR had. Also, if it's doing sword fighting, I think MotionPlus is the only way it has a chance of being good.

RPGCrazied

How come we get games like these, but nothing new.. or dare I say, where is kid icarus?

Why is it always pokeman this, sonic that

I can't wait for Merlin to become the annoying buddy character in this one. Maybe Sonic will even pull the sword from the stone or get Excalibur from the Lady in the Lake. Le Morte de Sonic. And it's even first person? :lol

Pojo

Banned
Giving Sonic a Sword isn't as absurd as giving Shadow guns. I mean they already gave Mario golf clubs and bats and water packs and squashed him and stuck him in an RPG and let him ride dinosaurs, and it worked out ok. It's all about the execution.

Unfortunately, we have no more faith in SEGA. And rightfully so.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sword ? FPS ? HOLY mother of all the LOLs :lol :lol

Yuji Naka should be very proud of his Kids at Sonic Team now .

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
We also need a Monty Python & The Holy Grail gif with a Sega logo on the Black Night..

Each limb cut off would represent Shadow, Sonic 06 ...

bknight3.jpg

"Tis only a flesh wound! The franchise is still strong!"

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Scalpel Knight said:
Ahahahah. Sonic Team has done the impossible by taking their games to the level of fanfiction. Good show.

Shadow the shitehog was on poor fanfiction level , but this new shit is absolutely beyond that

Rlan

Employees: "We've got this great new idea for a game! It's with a sword and on the Wii!"
SEGA: "I like you idea, it's new and fresh! Now, how can we incorporate Sonic into this?"
Employees: "Huh... wha?"
SEGA: "Yeah! Don't you know? The only thing that sells anymore is Sonic! By the way, your game has 6 months before it's release date! Get cracking!"

HUELEN10 said:
Wait.......

WAIT!

AT LEAST 2 PEOPLE HAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING ISSUES AND HAVE NOT BOTHERED TO OPEN IT TO AT LEAST TELL EVERYONE MORE ABOUT THE GAME?!?!?!?!!?

STORY GAMEPLAY ANYTHING?!?!?!?

Fucking limit man...

OPEN THE FREAKIN ISSUES AND GIVE US SOME NEW MORANS!
Who cares about the cover image, are some people retarded? Why scan the same cover that's been seen and give us no new info? Might as well have not done anything..

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Rlan said:
Employees: "We've got this great new idea for a game! It's with a sword and on the Wii!"
SEGA: "I like you idea, it's new and fresh! Now, how can we incorporate Sonic into this?"
Employees: "Huh... wha?"
SEGA: "Yeah! Don't you know? The only thing that sells anymore is Sonic! By the way, your game has 6 months before it's release date! Get cracking!"

It's funny because it's true.

Scalpel Knight said:
Ahahahah. Sonic Team has done the impossible by taking their games to the level of fanfiction. Good show.

Uh, StH2006 featured a human princess making out with Sonic in order to revive him from being shot with a laser by a evil hedgehog that lives light-years into the future.

I'm thinking they've achieved quite a bit already.

Pureauthor said:
Uh, StH2006 featured a human princess making out with Sonic in order to revive him from being shot with a laser by a evil hedgehog that lives light-years into the future.

I'm thinking they've achieved quite a bit already.

light-years.... into the future?
How does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom