• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Molecule releases trippy/glitchy teaser for new PS4 project

Blue Volt

Banned
That face is clearly the guitar guy from their tech demo.

This has gotta be readying for a full-on Gamescom reveal.

Eggbok

ibzslzY0BKi6kF.png

Every first party PS4 game to feature mustaches confirmed.

Danlord

Its this old man
tumblr_mik29jl38q1s5i4foo3_500.gif

It just refreshed my memory that Sony showed a tech demo whereby they use real-world lighting which affects Augmented Reality objects, exactly how this video interprets. It just *clicked* in my head when I saw that GIF, so thanks. EDIT: I just found the GAF thread about the AR videos and it was posted by you! haha

I would think we might see 3D facial scanning with the Camera because of the two cameras combined, and use the sculpting tech to re-create a more detailed face with it, maybe even scanning real-world objects for use in a 3D world LBP-esque title and create worlds and games like people did with LittleBigPlanet(and 2) and I think how Project Spark is (but not quite sure, not up to date with that game so correct me if I'm wrong)

Gekidami

Banned
Edit: Ok this was the Tech demo they played last time.
Was it a tech demo? I mean they didnt exactly announce a game, but if i recall they said quite a bit about what they were showing being for their next game.

Also that face in this video looks like its from the tech demo.

DrZeus

So ready to see whatever creatively delightful IP MM has been working on.

Gamescom has become far more of an interesting event than E3 lately. These reveals...dayum.

Fisty

Just tell me the name so I can preorder it, Mm earned a guaranteed day 1 digital purchase from me long ago

Downloaded the video and it has a date of May 28, 2014.

So definitely filmed nearly 2 months ago and held back to tease for Gamescom.

Bundy

Banned
After the February PS4 reveal and now this, I have the strange feeling that their game won't interest me in the slightest.

Harlock

Please dont be something musical.
Please dont be something using move controller.
Please dont be something musical using move controller.

Salex_

rMI4ZDS.png

Is this a guy with a beard on the left and a monster on the right? There's a lot of monster looking figures throughout that video.

For example, here it looks like someone is struck on a piece of land and being surrounded by a giant monster (left) and a smaller one (right) belonging to the same species.
CJiWIu6.png

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see? ٩◔̯◔۶

Please be a 3D platformer!

Tripolygon

Banned
Please dont be something musical.
Please dont be something using move controller.
Please dont be something musical using move controller.
They already talked about their game. They tested many ways to create things, since they are mainly a PCS studio so they settled on move which can be used to make intricate sculpts.
The idea is being able to create any idea that pops into your head, including something musical. I'm sure DualShock 4 will be another input method.

Top Bottom