• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Last of Us movie announced.

Arksy

So I'm sitting in hall H and they just showed a trailer for TLoU:remastered trailer and at the end there was an announcement that it's being made into a major motion picture.

The good news is that the project is being headed by Sam Raimi from Evil Dead 2. They're both on stage now. Details to come.

Edit: Maisie Williams is being courted for the role of Ellie and Bruce Campbell having a role of some sort through Raimi.

GavinUK86

BtaSNTICUAAxiGf.jpg:large

Finaj

Interesting. Sam Raimi was going to direct the Warcraft movie but he wanted it to have new characters and be completely Alliance focused. Blizzard disagreed, so he was off the project. Raimi dropped it for Oz: The Great and Powerful.

Hopefully this movie doesn't get in as much development hell as Warcraft.

I don't think I'd go with Sam Raimi for this...

Wonder how close to the game it will be. Hopefully not the same characters.

Interesting. Sam Rami was going to direct the Warcraft movie but he wanted it to have new characters and be completely Alliance focused. Blizzard disagreed, so he was off the project.

blizzard favors horde.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I can see the review already,"The Super Mario of Movie" then it will win like 200 movie of the year awards.

Seriously though I will probably watch it since it will be much cheaper than buying the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Breaking News: TMZ can report that Sam Raimihas been forced out by Neil Druckman, Hideo Kojima to replace him according our sources.

Sam Raimi producing. Good. Directing? I don't know if LOU is his style since Raimi is more dark comedy with horror.

Anyway. If they get some other actor for Joel other than Josh Brolin, it's gonna suck!

Timeaisis

Uh...isn't the entire point of TLOU to be cinematic already? Maybe I'm missing the point.

I wonder how it will play this time.

Nokterian

Interesting. Sam Raimi was going to direct the Warcraft movie but he wanted it to have new characters and be completely Alliance focused. Blizzard disagreed, so he was off the project. Raimi dropped it for Oz: The Great and Powerful.

And they choose Duncan Jones instead (thank god for that) since he knows Warcraft Lore they also go back to Warcraft 1 the clash between humans and orcs. He still plays WoW and before that all other Warcraft and Blizzard games some of the cast are avid gamers including playing WoW same goes towards people who are working for Legendary. I have faith in it.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Just have Neil direct it. While we are at it, have Kojima direct the MGS movie too. I'm sure they both would want the opportunity. And if it fails, at least the creative minds behind the games were the ones who tried.

icespide

Banned
"The producers have met with Game of Thrones' @Maisie_Williams for the role of Ellie in The Last of Us movie!"

Maisie Williams plays Arya on Game of Thrones by the way

I remember reading that Druckmann was working on the screenplay a while ago. Didn't know Raimi was involved, he's been so hit or miss with the projects he's looked over in recent years. I thoroughly enjoyed Drag Me to Hell, but his Oz movie and the last several horror movies he's produced have been uninspiring.

His involvement pretty much guarantees that this movie will see the light of day, not sure how it would translate to film, it would take a really talented director to play up the personal character aspects that made the game so special.

Gusy

I just don't see the point. The game was cinematic-heavy as it is. What is to be gained?
Besides money

Money will usually suffice... so yeah .. pretty much money.

However, the game has a damn good story and it would also be cool if that story reached a broader audience.

Top Bottom