• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hi! Could someone kindly tell me please, how many days can one go without playing this game before you risk losing a villager? Do I have to play every day, every 2nd day, 3rd days? etc. Been playing every 2nd day minimum but don't always feel like forcing myself to play but I don't want to risk losing a specific villager

I ask because I just started a new town, was going to reset as often as possible until I got my fave Ankha, it took only ONE RESET before I was able to get her, what LUCK!!!!!!! If she moves I'd rather burn my village to the ground tbh..........

Hi! Could someone kindly tell me please, how many days can one go without playing this game before you risk losing a villager? Do I have to play every day, every 2nd day, 3rd days? etc. Been playing every 2nd day minimum but don't always feel like forcing myself to play but I don't want to risk losing a specific villager

I ask because I just started a new town, was going to reset as often as possible until I got my fave Ankha, it took only ONE RESET before I was able to get her, what LUCK!!!!!!! If she moves I'd rather burn my village to the ground tbh..........

It depends how careful you are really. Villagers can ping to move every 1-7 days and they do it as early as 5 days out. The others will also relay rumors that someone is thinking about leaving. Every 2-3 days is safe if you're really rooting out the mover.

There are a couple things you can do to make it safer:

1. If you're going to take any kind of extended break, do so when you've told someone not to leave. No one else will move until you return.

2. Learn the villager rumors. Each villager personality has a default rumor they give if someone isn't moving. The exception being the mover itself. Every couple days, I get rumor dialogue from two different villagers to confirm.

Cranky: state that rumors can be frightening.
Jock: ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.
Lazy: Rumors that he bought X item and now has a world-class X collection.
Normal: comment that they will only spread rumors they have seen themselves.
Smug:remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.
Snooty: use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly.
Uchi: complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.
Peppy: ask the player for any gossip, think you are keeping something secret, and ask for you to spread the details.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It depends how careful you are really. Villagers can ping to move every 1-7 days and they do it as early as 5 days out. The others will also relay rumors that someone is thinking about leaving. Every 2-3 days is safe if you're really rooting out the mover.

1. If you're going to take any kind of extended break, do so when you've told someone not to leave. No one else will move until you return.

2. Learn the villager rumors. Each villager personality has a default rumor they give if someone isn't moving. The exception being the mover itself. Every couple days, I get rumor dialogue from two different villagers to confirm.

Jock: ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.
Smug:remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.
Snooty: use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly.
Uchi: complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.
Peppy: ask the player for any gossip, think you are keeping something secret, and ask for you to spread the details.

Ah! Thank you so much for this! I have a few I want to keep (Rolf, Merry, Chevre) but Ankha 100% cannot move.
This will help greatly! :D

Elija2

I had no idea about this. The more you know.

Marvie_3

Banned

Holy shit. Didn't know about the rumor thing. Mind blown.

MicH

Yeah, I didn't know about the rumor thing either! That's really useful to know :D

I'm so happy I finally decided to get back into the game. I can't wait until I reach the current date and I can play normally along with you guys again! :D I hope more people return to this game so this community becomes a little more active again

enigmatic_alex44

Oh can someone clarify another question I have ???

When a villager tries to buy an item from your inventory, or try to sell you something, if you REFUSE does that affect some kind of a hidden "friendship" rating??? LOOOOOL I bought Ankha's crappy torch that I didn't want as I was afraid I'd affect the "friendship" ranking and cause her to move....... That doesn't happen, right?

MicH

When a villager tries to buy an item from your inventory, or try to sell you something, if you REFUSE does that affect some kind of a hidden "friendship" rating??? LOOOOOL I bought Ankha's crappy torch that I didn't want as I was afraid I'd affect the "friendship" ranking and cause her to move....... That doesn't happen, right?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think stuff like that affects friendship. I deny s that stuff all the time as well and I've gotten a lot of pictures anyway :)

Elija2

I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect your relationship with them at all. Usually when you do something that affects your friendship rating a little jingle will play.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Nah, doesn't do anything. It's a good way to gauge your friendship level with certain villager types (normal and peppy are the most common for me, but there are a couple others too) though, because if your friendship level is high and you say "no," they'll offer the item for free. You can compare that to new villagers, who will never do so.

MicH

I think I've decided to let Kid Cat go and have Flurry move in. While I would be without a jock villager, I feel like I just don't care as much about him as I do all the other villagers. Plus I already have all the PWPs.

My personality ratio is completely skewed anyway. 3 peppy, 2 snooty, 2 cranky, 1 smug, 1 jock, 1 lazy. I don't have any normal villagers and to be honest, I like them better than jocks. Also, Apple finally gets a fellow hamster playmate :D YAY!

EDIT: Here's the stuff I have lying throughout town. Everything is FREE, just let me know what you want :)

3x White Feather
3x Red Feather
3x Green Feather
Yellow Feather
5x Blue Feather
Purple Feather

4x Pavé Bed
Pavé Lamp
5x Pavé Table
2x Pavé Bureau
Pavé Bookshelf
Pavé Closet
Pavé Sofa
2x Pavé Floor

Golden Carpet
Golden Wall
Golden Bench
Golden Bed
Golden Screen

Forest Floor
Mush Dresser
Mush TV
Mush Hanger

Pic of Bob
2x Pic of Rosie
Pic of Apple
Pic of Cheri

Ice Clock
Ice Shelf
Ice Table
Ice Sofa
Ice Floor
Ice Wall

enigmatic_alex44

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think stuff like that affects friendship. I deny s that stuff all the time as well and I've gotten a lot of pictures anyway :)

Nah, doesn't do anything. It's a good way to gauge your friendship level with certain villager types (normal and peppy are the most common for me, but there are a couple others too) though, because if your friendship level is high and you say "no," they'll offer the item for free. You can compare that to new villagers, who will never do so.

Ah, thanks for the info!!! :D

I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect your relationship with them at all. Usually when you do something that affects your friendship rating a little jingle will play.

Oh thanks for this, that's actually something I was wondering too, I figured the jingle was related to friendship rating

Elija2

Today was Curly's birthday. He's the first villager whose birthday I was able to celebrate twice. Last year I got him a gas pump and this year I got him a trash bin, both of which he loved. He may not have good taste but he's still a pretty cool bro.

789shadow

Banned
I'm about to go afk for a shower but I'll open for ya.

Edit: Okie! I need to jet for lunch. Gonna close up. Not sure if you were able to pop by but I hope so. :)
I was not. I started playing Xenoblade again and promptly forgot to do anything but play the game and breathe. I can come by now if you're still around. Otherwise I can hop over to someone else's place. If I don't forget for 3 hours again.

Yep. If you tell a villager not to move away and then stop playing that day, nobody will be able to move. You can stop playing the game for years and come back with the exact same villagers.
Great to know, thanks.

I don't play as much as before, I was afraid of my favourite villagers moving out.

Azuran

Banned
Yay, finally got T.I.Y. Now I'm just hoping I don't get screwed when it comes to Gracie

zlCfzSN815ccyutKEf

MicH

Last call on the items listed above. I always have quite a few extra Saharah walls and floors. If no one claims them they're all getting sold :(

EDIT Sold it all :(

Velcro Fly

Black cosmos why do you elude me so.

Tulips and roses all done! Of course with the beautiful ordinance on I will not be able to create any new golden roses.

To think all of this flower planting began because I wanted to have good looking flowers in front of my house. And now it's one of the main reasons I play the game as much as I do.

Flora has moved in too. She seems nice enough. I have an awful time trying to keep peppy villagers in my town though.

Think I'm going to go through and see what PWP I still need to have suggested to me and what type of villager I need most to decide who I should make a push to recruit when they are camping.

MicH

Good lord. I've had every single villager want to move out. Except Kid Cat (and Chief, but he's the newest villager so he won't). My god, just get out already! He must have heard me trying to get him out and now he's squatting in my town :(

EDIT Finally got him to move!

Pattrikx

Neo Member
How did you encourage them to move? I hit Peaches and Al with the net every once in a while, but they are pretty bad at taking hints.

Zing

Banned
Biskit has tried to leave a few times, so I am finally just letting him go. If it is true that most recent villager will never move, then I will be happy to receive a new one, so Chief can get the hell out.

MicH

Finally got Flurry from my time travel town now that I got Kid Cat out. I managed to get her in his old spot perfectly too (and quite easy in fact!) so it's just perfect :D Really happy! Now.. as it happens, Punchy just moved into my time travel town and I kind of want to replace Bob with him...

How did you encourage them to move? I hit Peaches and Al with the net every once in a while, but they are pretty bad at taking hints.
Well, I cheated a bit. I used a time travel technique where I go two days forward in time, then two days back (effectively making me experience the same two days over and over). A villager will want to move out every 4 or 5 days as long as you have more than 8 villagers. Using this method will make it easier to get someone to want to move, you just have to make sure to check everyone to make sure they are or are not moving. Hitting them with your nets doesn't really matter (though it might for your sanity :p). I usually just talk to them like I do every other villager and eventually they'll want to move out.

Biskit has tried to leave a few times, so I am finally just letting him go. If it is true that most recent villager will never move, then I will be happy to receive a new one, so Chief can get the hell out.
What!? You don't like Chief? :( But he's so cute and adorable!

Man knowing that "exclamation" moving notice from Villagers stops anyone else moving has made it so easy to stop playing for a while X'D.

Actually didn't play for some of those days, gonna be screwed over by a couple of days for that 500 days sized town tree XD

MicH

I'm going insane trying to get the camper exclusive items. I've managed to get the propane stove, kayak and campfire cookware so far. Does anyone have any of the other pieces? I can order these if anyone needs them. I'd also be really happy if someone had the igloo stuff :p

Niraj

I'm going insane trying to get the camper exclusive items. I've managed to get the propane stove, kayak and campfire cookware so far. Does anyone have any of the other pieces? I can order these if anyone needs them. I'd also be really happy if someone had the igloo stuff :p

So you need the backpack, bonfire, surfboard from the tent, and then all the igloo ones?

MicH

So you need the backpack, bonfire, surfboard from the tent, and then all the igloo ones?
Wait, I have the backpack and surfboard too! I need the bonfire and all the igloo ones, yes. Do you need anything? Thank you :D

EDIT I have the sleeping bag too, so it looks like the only tent item I need is the bonfire

Niraj

Wait, I have the backpack and surfboard too! I need the bonfire and all the igloo ones, yes. Do you need anything? Thank you :D

EDIT I have the sleeping bag too, so it looks like the only tent item I need is the bonfire

Nah, I have everything cataloged. I'll order those for you.

Edit: Alright, I'll have them in a little over an hour and a half if you'll still be around.

MicH

Nah, I have everything cataloged. I'll order those for you.
Many thanks! :D I am less than 30 furniture pieces away from a complete catalog in that section! These camper and igloo items will help me out a LOT :D

EDIT I should be around then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom