• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
alisdair said:
Yes, I'm pretty sure. Cold Storage is way too small for 6v6, but it was added to the Legendary-required playlists (including SWAT, for example), so you need it.

Out of all the shit Halo 3 does, they couldn't bring up a little help blurb telling me what I'm missing? Thanks for the help, I'll download it tonight.

kylej

Banned
Azar said:
Seriously. Definitely my favorite moment in the game, if not in the entire series. It's just so gorgeous.

4603142-small.jpg

I liked the dark blue piece of code that went up her ass to look like a thong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vlco4yvSc

GhaleonEB

PrivateWHudson said:
Out of all the shit Halo 3 does, they couldn't bring up a little help blurb telling me what I'm missing? Thanks for the help, I'll download it tonight.
It also neglects to tell you that your DLC content is loading, rather than the message that you simply don't have them. It takes about one minute after I jump into a playlist initially for the message to stop blinking. If you go into Forge the message that your saved data is being loaded is displayed for the duration of the loading time. Just one of the quirks.

Azar said:
Seriously. Definitely my favorite moment in the game, if not in the entire series. It's just so gorgeous.

4603142-small.jpg
It's up there, but saying it's the best cut-scene is going a little too far in my opinion.
Edit:
I personally think the cutscene in the middle of 343 Guilty Spark is better.

Cocopjojo said:
I thought it was dumb that she just instantly becomes "ok" after the entire game has built her up to be entering rampancy. But other than that, the cutscene is brilliant. The dialogue and the music are stunning.
I feel the same. While it's probably my favourite cutscene in the game, the fact that she instantaneously better when the chief arrives is really disappointing, especially considering the build up.

As for Gravemind, while I understand that making him into a boss may have been difficult, the fact that he just withdraws his tentacles instead of smashing the Arbiter and Chief seems illogical and risky, a dumb move for a 'mighty' intelligence.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I can't believe shotty snipers is still in team slayer. why oh why can't snipers have it's own playlist like in H2?

tyson green must be doing this out of spite. get over it you big baby.

And randomness is a poor substitute for tactics and skillful execution.
~ Tyson Green

Follow that up with the addition of:

-Shield doors, not being able to tell when you are on which side, and explosions randomly killing you even though you are past the shield door
-Bullet travel speed (Unknown speed)
-Leading of shots (Unknown distance)
-No auto aim when leading shots
-Randomness of the 3 burst BR
-Randomness of positioning being so detrimental to a player especially in LW or FFA gametypes
-Chain explosions from multiple grenades rockets leaving you absolutely confuzzled as to what exactly happened
-Sniper shots being randomly redirected after hitting something. No offense but I'm pretty sure if you shoot a sniper bullet into a wall it just goes INTO the wall or ground even so it wouldnt be as powerful as a sniper shot and definitely would not kill a spartan with their crazy ass armor.

Leaves me to think, why would they add in all this randomness, why can't the game be a science?

Cap7ain Blood said:
As I have said before that part is one of my favorite moments in the game. heh
The only thing that ruined it for me was the fact that Cortana was suffering one second, and was fine the next.

(Off-topic)
In BF:BC, everyone can has recon!

Sibylus

Banned
A Gravemind cameo at the end probably would have helped things, not in a boss battle, but at least in a cutscene snippet where he says something before the Halo kills him.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Cap7ain Blood said:
Hey bud you have been MIA. I have bad news for you I got a PS3 and am playing through MGS4. I got a new toy and am still playing more halo than anything else lol

I have been a bit, working extra to pay for plane tickets.

So, you got a PS3?

I actually only played through MGS4 once, and couldn't stomach the thought of all those cutscenes again.

Ratchet, on the other hand, is a much more replayable game.

Also...count me in for the NO gravemind boss battle thing. Tartarus was bad enough.

Blueblur1

Metroidvania said:
I have been a bit, working extra to pay for plane tickets.

So, you got a PS3?

I actually only played through MGS4 once, and couldn't stomach the thought of all those cutscenes again.

Ratchet, on the other hand, is a much more replayable game.

Also...count me in for the NO gravemind boss battle thing. Tartarus was bad enough.
Agreed.

xxjuicesxx said:
And randomness is a poor substitute for tactics and skillful execution.
~ Tyson Green

Follow that up with the addition of:

-Shield doors, not being able to tell when you are on which side, and explosions randomly killing you even though you are past the shield door
-Bullet travel speed (Unknown speed)
-Leading of shots (Unknown distance)
-No auto aim when leading shots
-Randomness of the 3 burst BR
-Randomness of positioning being so detrimental to a player especially in LW or FFA gametypes
-Chain explosions from multiple grenades rockets leaving you absolutely confuzzled as to what exactly happened
-Sniper shots being randomly redirected after hitting something. No offense but I'm pretty sure if you shoot a sniper bullet into a wall it just goes INTO the wall or ground even so it wouldnt be as powerful as a sniper shot and definitely would not kill a spartan with their crazy ass armor.

Leaves me to think, why would they add in all this randomness, why can't the game be a science?
I endorse everything Juices says.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Metroidvania said:
Same.

Domino, you get my shots?

Yeah, even though I told you to send me screens, a clip and a map instead of just 3 screens.

You forced me to dig into you File Share and grab a clip (an awesome one, btw :lol) to fill the clips gap.

TDG

Banned
MIMIC said:
There was a thread on Bungie.net about this. Apparently, if you jump and then crouch into the purple lift, you'll sink down.
Ugh. That's no good.

Hey, maybe I'll try doing that with my Doubles partner next time I get up 1-0 in a Team Doubles game.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ladies and gentleflights, NeoGAF is officially going to be on Favorites. Email has been sent, content for week 1 is complete. :D

"and here .. we.. go."

SpudBud

Domino Theory said:
Ladies and gentleflights, NeoGAF is officially going to be on Favorites. Email has been sent, content for week 1 is complete. :D

"and here .. we.. go."
Wait, did I miss something?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
SpudBud said:
Wait, did I miss something?

I posted about the GT you needed to send a FR to a million times here and even asked Ghaleon to put the GT into the OP
to no avail

If you want to be on week 2, then send a FR to NGHC.

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
I posted about the GT you needed to send a FR to a million times here and even asked Ghaleon to put the GT into the OP
to no avail
Really? I must have missed that completely. I've put everything in the OP that's been asked. Except for this, apparantly. :(

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
to no avail

So we send a FR and just put what we would like to see up in our file share, or recommend it to the GT?

vhfive said:
sigh
hopefully bungie will fix this with au2

oh and im with the no gravemind boss side
It's not like you can do it in matchmaking.

Domino Theory said:

"and here .. we.. go."
Oh wow! That great news!:D

Edit:
FR sent to NGHC

t4ng0

Domino Theory said:
to no avail

Haha I remember that - no one took you seriously. Except for me - every time I play with you online I try my best to get people to send
spam
you all their best pics/flicks!

Damn it! I just noticed on Bnet that theres a new Halo 1 PC patch allowing play without disc check. Sheee-it. That means I'll be 100% more likely to jump into that when bored on GAF. I don't know whether to smile or cry.

LukeSmith

Domino Theory said:

"and here .. we.. go."

Once it's your turn in the line. Patience.

GhaleonEB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBfrnOENUxM

Video of Halo 3 acceptance of G4's GotY.

With new map footage.

"Thank the Microsoft!"

I was going to trash the notion of an award from G4, but it was based on player votes. Which is actually kind of neat.

I think the game really benefits from the distance from release. What the game does right has really stood out over time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dax01 said:
It's not like you can do it in matchmaking.

Oh wow! That great news!:D

Edit:
FR sent to NGHC

It's too easy anymore.

Also, buying those underpants.

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBfrnOENUxM

Video of Halo 3 acceptance of G4's GotY.

With new map footage.

"Thank the Microsoft!"

I was going to trash the notion of an award from G4, but it was based on player votes. Which is actually kind of neat.

I think the game really benefits from the distance from release. What the game does right has really stood out over time.

What did they say when Marty said

"We're too busying working on..."
[blank]
"yeah keep it clean!"
"Stick to the script marty!"

t4ng0

the disgruntled gamer said:
You got me all excited. H8.
Well then you recognize what was behind them?
or just disappointed since we basically saw a wall

LAUGHTREY said:
Also, buying those underpants.
I feel compelled to, just to have them - but never to reveal to anyone that i do.

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
The video is down, any way to see the new footage?
It's up for me. And its not much - it's a bunch of MP characters standing with their backs to a wall with voice overs accepting the award.

A new wall.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
godhandiscen said:
The video is down, any way to see the new footage?

It was seriously just a wall, I thought it was ghost town for a second. Not even worth it.

We'll know about the next pack sometime during or after PAX. Probably sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom