• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Awesome update.

Also, the latest Famitsu has an article on Classic mode, and Miis are confirmed as the enemies in multi-man battles.

Holy shit, megaton pics of the day. More trophies in the 3DS version alone than in Brawl, a trophy shop, that Dr. Wily trophy and its flavor text...

Not that I didn't before, but I need this game RIGHT. THE. FUCK. NOW.

Neiteio

Holy shit, megaton pics of the day. More trophies in the 3DS version alone than in Brawl, a trophy shop, that Dr. Wily trophy and its flavor text...

Not that I didn't before, but I need this game RIGHT. THE. FUCK. NOW.
Glad to see you fully appreciate the awesomeness of this update. I look forward to a good word for it in the GameXplain recap at the end of the week! :)

Neiteio

Did you check other thread? I'm perfectly fine with the roster, but it seem to be bad news for people who are expecting more characters.
Link me to the bad news. :-(

(Also, I'm technically quite happy with the HW roster, as well, but man... Well, I guess it's fun to have a rallying cry for the DLC/expansion/sequel)

Neoxon

Awesome update.

Also, the latest Famitsu has an article on Classic mode, and Miis are confirmed as the enemies in multi-man battles.
Screenshot_2014_08_06_23_24_40_1.jpg

justchris

Wow thanks for bringing this up! I do remember this from some time ago. Pic of the day and Miiverse are actually fantastic combinations to figure out the fans, especially the ones who already own the hardware. Granted there are a lot of idiots requesting a lot of zany things but that's everywhere online. Despite Sakurai saying in the English and Japanese that his team reads all the responses I know some people still doubt it and I think to myself why? There are always going to be people playing around, drawing weenies here or there and requesting anime Goku forever but there are real costumers as well talking about legitimate things regarding Smash. Why wouldn't a game company have a small team people on Miiverse just scrolling through to check on the general consensus of things?

I doubt Sakurai actually reads Miiverse. If I were Iwata, I would straight up forbid it. You don't need the main guy behind one of your most popular games losing hours of work by being driven into a fit of uncontrollable rage by requests to taint his game with random anime characters.

There are probably members of the team whose job it is to read Miiverse and message board posts, and deliver the prevailing attitudes to Sakurai and the rest of the team in digest format. They probably end each briefing with, "And there were another 3000 requests for Goku, Ichigo and Naruto as well." and everyone laughs and then they move on with their lives.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Pit's Famitsu page got translated.

Neutral Special Attack
Palutena's Holy Bow: After firing, the direction of the light arrow can be changed. While drawing the bow, he can also aim upward.
Penetrating Bow: Fires a giant arrow that flies in a straight line. It cannot be directed, but pierces through the opponent.
Free Bow: He has complete control over the mysterious arrows that are fired. While the speed and power is lower, the charm is in being able to hit your target.

Side Special Attack
Strong Arm Upper-Dash: A special move that uses a divine weapon-- "Strong Arm." (known as Upperdash Arm) He rushes toward the opponent and unleashes a powerful upward attack that can send them flying.

Down Special Attack
Guardian Orbitars: Two giant shields appear on both sides and defend against attacks. Also, it reflects projectiles and nullifies attacks coming from above or below as well.
(That's not OP.)

Upward Special Attack
Miracle of Flight: The wings on the back glow and Pit takes off, flying high up. The move allows you to fly high as well as change your angle of flight if you decide not to attack.

Final Smash
Three Sacred Treasures
By using the Bow of Light, Pegasus Wing, and Mirror Shield freely, Pit can attack his opponents with almighty strength!
Powers up with the Three Sacred Treasures equipped! He fires massive bullets and lasers constantly, and ends with a massive attack at full strength. Call on the Three Sacred Treasures to help!!

Kyzon

Take your eyes off the beautiful specimen on the left and look at the handsome hunk on the right.

dl_ganon_01.jpg

I think something like this is realistically what we should be expecting for Sm4sh.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yoshi and Villager aren't playable anymore?

;_;

I'm pointing out that we should get our hope high that it's not them, but if it's villager and yoshi then it would be weird.

I meant I'm pretty much used to unlocking characters' trophies by doing the modes. I guess they might change the formulas after we know that Wii Fit Trainer (Female) have three different trophies.

Azure J

Pit's Famitsu page got translated.

Neutral Special Attack
Palutena's Holy Bow: After firing, the direction of the light arrow can be changed. While drawing the bow, he can also aim upward.
Penetrating Bow: Fires a giant arrow that flies in a straight line. It cannot be directed, but pierces through the opponent.
Free Bow: He has complete control over the mysterious arrows that are fired. While the speed and power is lower, the charm is in being able to hit your target.

Side Special Attack
Strong Arm Upper-Dash: A special move that uses a divine weapon-- "Strong Arm." (known as Upperdash Arm) He rushes toward the opponent and unleashes a powerful upward attack that can send them flying.

Down Special Attack
Guardian Orbitars: Two giant shields appear on both sides and defend against attacks. Also, it reflects projectiles and nullifies attacks coming from above or below as well.
(That's not OP.)

Upward Special Attack
Miracle of Flight: The wings on the back glow and Pit takes off, flying high up. The move allows you to fly high as well as change your angle of flight if you decide not to attack.

Final Smash
Three Sacred Treasures
By using the Bow of Light, Pegasus Wing, and Mirror Shield freely, Pit can attack his opponents with almighty strength!
Powers up with the Three Sacred Treasures equipped! He fires massive bullets and lasers constantly, and ends with a massive attack at full strength. Call on the Three Sacred Treasures to help!!

Oh, so Penetrating Bow was the multi-colored arrow Pit shot during the Kongo Jungle segment of the Smash Direct 3DS stage showcase. Neat.

Don't know if I want to trade arrow loops for it, but having a high knock back and speed arrow with piercing sounds right up my alley. Also, is this info confirming that you can attack out of the new Wings of Icarus? If so, then Project M Pit mixups and carry combos - recover to the stage are go. :lol

I hope Sakurai redesigns Ganondorf a bit rather than just take his ugly old man TP design.

He already redid ZSS so he isn't averse to it.

Kyzon

Oh, so Penetrating Bow was the multi-colored arrow Pit shot during the Kongo Jungle segment of the Smash Direct 3DS stage showcase. Neat.

Don't know if I want to trade arrow loops for it, but having a high knock back and speed arrow with piercing sounds right up my alley. Also, is this info confirming that you can attack out of the new Wings of Icarus? If so, then Project M Pit mixups and carry combos - recover to the stage are go. :lol

Loops are only available with the free bow.

The normal Palutena's Bow fires arrows that disappear.

Kyzon

I hope Sakurai redesigns Ganondorf a bit rather than just take his ugly old man TP design.

He already redid ZSS so he isn't averse to it.

I hope he re-designs his notion that Ganondorf should be some old ass slow moving senile veteran (No offense to actual old ass slow moving senile veterans) with a good boot and that's all.

Kriken

hope up too high? If that's Trophy Shop, it's basically disconfirmations for those characters since you usually earn the characters' trophies by doing modes.

The other outlines are Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Greninja and Rosaline in that image. Don't know why that'd be disconfirmations

Flowmoney

You can't redesign a character in 5 weeks....But seriously , I expect Ganondorf with his melee traits added back in and nothing else.For all we know there could no change at all or it's very minor.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The other outlines are Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Greninja and Rosaline in that image. Don't know why that'd be disconfirmations

It's rhetorical statement, but it just failed pretty bad. I just realized that trophies in background is pretty much trophy gallery.

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, I hate invisible walls. Just had to grab the last missile for Other M, and it's clearly visible from my ship, but I can't shinespark up and space jump over because there's a fucking invisible wall in the way. Instead I have to go through some random-ass morph ball tunnel half a dozen rooms away.

And then there's that one in Sector 1 that you can clearly see and should be able to space jump over to, yet there's another invisible wall in the way because the devs were too lazy to think of another way to stop me from space jumping over to the power-up.

These make the invisible walls in Elysia in Corruption look like genius programming. At least those weren't cock-blocking power-ups in the most obvious way possible.

Golnei

Holy shit, I hate invisible walls. Just had to grab the last missile for Other M, and it's clearly visible from my ship, but I can't shinespark up and space jump over because there's a fucking invisible wall in the way. Instead I have to go through some random-ass morph ball tunnel half a dozen rooms away.

And then there's that one in Sector 1 that you can clearly see and space jump over to, yet there's another invisible wall in the way because the devs were too lazy to think of another way to stop me from space jumping over to the power-up.

This makes the invisible walls in Elysia in Corruption look like genius programming.

Why are you torturing yourself like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom