• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDN Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation coming early 2015

cafemomo

X6taJrE.jpg

Per PR, Re;Birth 2 will coming early 2015 in US and EU both physical and digital.

I guess IFI will be taking over all the Neptunia localization duties from NISA from now on

SerTapTap

Yeah IFI has been stepping up. Hope they don't screw up the limited edition...again...

No additional info? How much does this one change? Same deal as Rebirth1, Victory's battle system directly? It's a damn fine battle system, but part of what was cool in the original games is the battle system got 10x better each release.

Hopefully "early" doesn't mean "july"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
10609420_1668775020014604_5559280974133032984_n.jpg

We are thrilled to announce that Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation, the second installment in the fan-favorite RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth series, will be released on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system in early 2015. The physical and digital versions will be available in both North American and European markets!

mk2 is what made me like the series, I'll be glad to play this on the Vita I will soon have since that it quite clearly the JRPG machine.

I will have the CE/LE this time!

Best news. Always predicted this was coming though. DanganRonpa: Another Episode from NISA and Corpse Party: Blood Drive from XSEED next!

Really, though, I am pleased with this news. Can't wait for my copy of Re;birth 1 to arrive!

Oh, and fantastic news about physical for Europe. Means I can get the DLC this time (my copy is imported from the USA, I'm in Europe).

Out of curiosity, how many Neptunia games are there now?

There's:
Hyperdimension Neptunia(PS3)
Mk2(PS3)
Victory(PS3)
Production Perfection(Vita spinoff)

Gekishin Black Heart(Vita spinoff)
U (Vita spinoff)
ReBirth 1(Remake of HDN for Vita)
ReBirth 2(Remake of MK2 for Vita)
Victory II(PS4 game that hasn't come out)

9 games, 8 released in Japan and 5 in the NA.

Hugstable

Banned
So the first game on the Vita is good? Thinking about jumping in, but everytime I ask if the game is good I get no responses :(.

They'll be busy with the Neptunia games for a long time. Noire and U next.

This one is already translated though (pretty much); they'll have more work to do with Noire & U.

I'm guessing they've come to some kind of arrangement with NISA to use their translation, though, much like TK did regarding the Atelier games.

Hugstable

Banned
PP isn't very good, I don't recommend it. Not much content and it's just for the most hardcore fans.

lol not PP, I mean the first Neptunia game (the recent release is a remake of the first game right? I get confused with all their titles haha) I haven't played a Neptunia game before so I don't really know what to expect besides Moe wars :D

SerTapTap

This one is already translated though (pretty much); they'll have more work to do with Noire & U.

I'm guessing they've come to some kind of arrangement with NISA to use their translation, though, much like TK did regarding the Atelier games.

They re-translated and voice acted rebirth 1, might do the same here.

Since IFI is censoring too (monster monpiece has rather arbitrary NISA style censorship that really doesn't make the game any less lewd) I really see no benefit to gamers for them localizing themselves...especially since they're so amature at distribution.

lol not PP, I mean the first Neptunia game (the recent release is a remake of the first game right? I get confused with all their titles haha) I haven't played a Neptunia game before so I don't really know what to expect besides Moe wars :D

I have not played it, but I've only heard positive things about ReBirth 1.

cafemomo

Since IFI is censoring too (monster monpiece has rather arbitrary NISA style censorship that really doesn't make the game any less lewd) I really see no benefit to gamers for them localizing themselves...especially since they're so amature at distribution.

not gonna comment on the other part, but IFI has done a wonderful job at localizations.

Now only if they had the gameplay to back it up.....

SerTapTap

not gonna comment on the other part, but IFI has done a wonderful job at localizations.

Now only if they had the gameplay to back it up.....

Victory plays fine. IFI's localization is at best as good as NISA's from what I've seen. NISA has had great localization across the board, so that's not really a plus for them switching to in-house.

SerTapTap

I dont see the problem

I wasn't saying IFI's localization has been bad, but at the very, very best we can basically expect IFI to be as good as NISA but with significantly less resources/knowledge for limited edition distributions. That's pretty lame and I'm not sure why they're bothering unless it's significantly cheaper for them.

Volcynika

Well the PR wasn't posted, but may give some details, iono.

LOS ANGELES, CA, August 28, 2014 – Idea Factory International is thrilled to announce that Hyperdimension NeptuniaTM Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation, the second installment in the fan-favorite RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth series, will be released on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system in early 2015. The physical and digital versions of said title will be available in both North American and European markets!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 was developed based on Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 for the PlayStation®3 entertainment computer system. Now, it offers a new story, a newly revamped battle system, newly voiced characters, and new playable characters that will provide a refreshing gameplay experience for long-time Neptunia series fans and newcomers to the series.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 will be available for pre-order at nationwide retailers very soon!

Story

20XX - Gamindustri faces a dire crisis. Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving,and death looms over all Gamindustrimen. But the CPUs refuse to let this be game over for their world! Gamindustri had severed its ties to the chaotic Lawless Realm long ago, and yet... Ever since the advent of ASIC - the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime - morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship a being known as Arfoire. Parents, despite knowing it to be a poor deity to worship, have gone ahead and allowed their children to do so. Even the governing bodies of the world have turned a blind eye to it, rather than crush the crisis in its infancy. Well, basically, Gamindustri was pretty messed up, you guys. Ahem. Thus did Gamindustri fall into complete and utter disarray. Those who tire of living in this corrupt world are sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard, forever lost.

Key Features

More is better! A player can have up to 4 characters on the battlefield, and 4 more characters as supporters that can jump into the battle if their partner on the field is weakened.

New playable characters! There are several Oracles who were only there to support players in their progression through the story. The Oracles are now playable characters in Neptunia Re;Birth2!

Stella’s Dungeon! A real-time minigame that lets you send Stella out into Gamindustri’s dungeons for exploration. She might return with useful items for the main story!

Active Animation System! Ever-lively characters move and speak fluidly throughout event scenes, thanks to the Active Animation System!

Remake System! Collect “Plans” from all over Gamindustri, and fulfill the requirements to customize your gameplay experiences as you like! Plans could weaken or strengthen enemies, add new dungeons, change the items you can gather in certain dungeons, etc.

Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs! Depending on the Idea Chips used, a Godly Game may result, which will grant you an additional ability!

SerTapTap

"Active Animation System" sure sounds like the all 2D animated voice scenes that Victory had, rather than the awkward 3D models Mk2 originally used. Remake system sounds good.

Hope their DLC is as generous as ReBirth1's, $1 for DLC characters and very little DLC overall is much nicer than the mess of the original games' DLC.

I don't really see the point though. Re;birth 1 was pretty much a new script; Re;birth 2 is almost exactly the same script with just a few characters changed here and there.

Ah--I don't know much about how the original JP releases were changed, so I wasn't really sure why they changed Nep 1, I guess that'd be why. Still waiting on my copy, should arrive today.

MQX

The physical and digital versions will be available in both North American and European markets!
Where's the physical version of Re;Birth 1(for EU)? And who's going to release the physical version in Europe?(IFI? NISA?) o.o

I wonder if Moero is next.

I'm not sure if IFI wants to go down that road.
XSEED is still licking their post-Akiba wounds.
Unlike Monster Monpiece where the rubbing minigames were optional (although fairly critical for strengthening your cards), it's a necessity in Moero. It's also on another echelon of lewd.

Echelon of Lewd would be a great band name

Top Bottom