• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Honestly, I was too lazy to read the last page and a half. (I do that often.)
What?!? Oh did you miss out.

Did you like the page and a half before those? Because if so then the last page in a half is a must read. Improved in every way.

god lone wolves is so destroyed right now.

I just got a 4 player crazy king on guardian
then a 6 player crazy king on EPITAPH.
6 player PIT CRAZY KING! WTF

3/4 LW games tonite.

Seriously??:D

LukeSmith

EazyB said:
I wouldn't give up hope, I mean think of it this way. Bungie is no longer part of Microsoft, right? And MS owns Halo, right? So Bungie is pretty much making maps for a game that isn't even theirs, right? So they probably aren't working hard, right? Maybe eating pizza and playing Xbox Live all day, right?

So instead of putting all this effort into making new maps, they are just using assets from the old maps, shuffling them around a bit, and slapping new names on em, right?

I am going to make you do such a fierce kegstand.

EazyB

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Shhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit
Good times ahead:
24FUNNY.gif

"Eating pizza, playing Xbox Live, and getting young college girls drunk."

EazyB

Banned
Trasher said:
Your girlfriend is gonna warm up the drunk college girls???????? Alright, I'm flying back to Seattle ASAP.
:lol :lol :lol

Shit, I gotta get up and hit the road.

And to bring it all back... Can't fucking wait to play Halo with on the university's internet!

I haven't had much to play lately, so TU2 will likely get me playing Halo 3 again. Looking forward to new achievements, and the announcements to come. Halo related or not.

MIMIC

Banned
So.....

A grenade can bounce off of a bubble shield that isn't fully deployed but can still manage to roll inside once it hits the ground 0_o :(

It's OK. I'm not complaining....just an observation. I got sniped the other day and managed to stay alive. It's cool :lol

MIMIC said:
So.....

A grenade can bounce off of a bubble shield that isn't fully deployed but can still manage to roll inside once it hits the ground 0_o :(

It's OK. I'm not complaining....just an observation. I got sniped the other day and managed to stay alive. It's cool :lol

LAG

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC said:
So.....

I have a video of a frag grenade passing through a shield door on snowbound.

Of course it was "stuck" between two hinges on the guys spartan armor and e brought it with him across the shield. I got an extermination off that shit :lol

Shit happens ;)

MIMIC said:
So.....

Yea as soon as its thrown a bubble shield IS fully deployed even though the animation takes a second to play through the bubble shield growing.

Always seemed like lazy coding/programming to me.

So, had a lot of fun playing in my first HaloGAF party last night, it was tons of fun, even when you get split up in BTS and having your whole team (minus pegleg) quit on you on Standoff Multi Flag. Good times though, can't wait till next time.

maybe tonight?, oh and I proved I wasn't Dax

MIMIC

Banned
scola said:
I have a video of a frag grenade passing through a shield door on snowbound.

Of course it was "stuck" between two hinges on the guys spartan armor and e brought it with him across the shield. I got an extermination off that shit :lol

Shit happens ;)

On Epitaph, I see that happen all the time, especially at the sheild door above the shotgun spawn. I've THROWN a few through the door and I've had a few thrown at ME through the door.

Yea as soon as its thrown a bubble shield IS fully deployed even though the animation takes a second to play through the bubble shield growing.

It took a couple of viewings for me to figure out that out. :lol The little bubble shield item was barely out of my pocket and the grenade had already bounced off of the "top" of it. Then as the grenade fell to the ground, the bubble shield grew around both me and the grenade. It was weird to see a deflected item somehow make it INSIDE the sheild.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I don't care. :D

You are a good player and I enjoyed the matches we all had. Good stuff. I wished we got more multi-flag on Avalanch though, yes, more of that, less neutral assault.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
xxjuicesxx said:
Always seemed like lazy coding/programming to me.

It really should make an indentation in the earth as it deploys. How does it pass through stationary objects? I mean honestly, it's totally unrealistic!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
donthurtme.jpg

*CrazedArabMan asking me to spare his life and just take the flag, no dice.

Smile! =)

Yeah we didn't get any, but wanted it.

urk said:
It really should make an indentation in the earth as it deploys. How does it pass through stationary objects? I mean honestly, it's totally unrealistic!

I heard it keeps things out based on speed and temperature. We should test it, set a guy on fire, shoot through a man cannon and see if he splatters over the bubble or passes through.

Halo makes experiments fun!

urk said:

Pshh indentation in the earth? Anyone knows a bubble shield would work as a kinetic type shield. Blocking out things coming in at a high speed, that would be why Spartans can walk through them and why they generate around walls. Didn't you take any sci-fi physics classes at school or at least read the Mass Effect codex's?

Anyway, theres a difference between the suspension of disbelief you undertake while partaking in Halo and an animation/programming discrepancy that detracts from gameplay.

HugBasket

Banned
Those were some good games last night. I shall upload my head shot on Eagle Echo then no scope on arab tonight. soo good.

Also, arab is never allowed to have the sniper, that game was bullshit.

Anyways, AU2 can't come soon enough because it is new.

Dani said:
donthurtme.jpg

*CrazedArabMan asking me to spare his life and just take the flag, no dice.

Smile! =)

gx1CdbD9-e9040d6b6cdffb23302ad978d5d3fab6.jpg

Ah nothing like a no-scope beatdown on pegleg, and then I sent this elite on his great journey with no-scope to the dome (oh yeah that was you), priceless. Double Kill. Don't worry pegleg, I have a nice one I can upload of you too. But some good games last night, tons of fun.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo is always filled with awesome moments. I know Ghaleon is always saying this and it may sound like a broken record at this point, but c'mon, fun is fun. =)

shoulder.jpg

Shoulder mounted shotgun = fail.

kylej

Banned
Louis Wu said:
Oh, man, I HATE games like that - I'm always on the other team.

Hidden social trueskill. Matchmaking uses it to pair you up against even teams. Don't complain!

Really though why not just quit out. I would be gone as soon as the game started if I were by myself and playing against a party of 8.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
xxjuicesxx said:
Anyway, theres a difference between the suspension of disbelief you undertake while partaking in Halo and an animation/programming discrepancy that detracts from gameplay.

Had it been you who timed the grenade so it landed inside the radius of the deploying bubble shield, something tells me you'd treat us to a Gamevee link of the perfectly lobbed grenade.

But whatevs, someone donged on you and you're mad. It's k. Let it out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GameVee came through, although for some reason they added a 14 second pause screen, very weird.

Anyways, this clip shows me at me best, and by best I mean awesome. Panicy awesome. Sometimes when I'm playing, if I am taken by surprise, I'll move my thumb forward ever so slightly, this results, in Halo, in me zooming in. When in a firefight, especially SWAT, panicing and randomly zooming in isn't the best idea. Somehow I came through and it wasn't too bad.

Here.

Edit: Appears I also panic jumped. I am awesome. :lol

Not a twitch gamer, lol.

I am a rocket WHORE.

Here are some stats from all maps:
2pr7bsj.jpg

Here are some stats from just Avalanche:
10frfqh.jpg

In all of my Halo 3 games, I have 1699 rocket kills, 1395 of those on Avalanche. God I love having the rockets on Avalanche, it makes me look like I can actually play this game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hmm, that got me thinking. Who's the most active hog driver here on HaloGAF?

I'm probally not the most active, but I think I'd be in the top 5.

wheel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom