• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono to announce a PlayStation game at TGS? Was spotted visiting SCEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
An Onimusha reboot set in ancient China will be epic.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
An Onimusha reboot set in ancient China will be epic.

why? anyway the thing is onis are from the Japanese mythology and folklore and not Chinese, so you'll have to change the title of the game from onimusha to something else and remove the oni warriors guys from your reboot if you want to set it in china for some weird reasons.

SykoTech

Fighting games are pretty much all Capcom still makes that I'm interested in. So release the fighters, Ono!

Just don't be a port of Ultra SFIV.

Nasbin

Here's what I think happened:

He really wanted to make a new Darkstalkers
Capcom said no, we're not risking money on that
So he asked Sony to fund it so there'd be no risk for capcom
So Darkstalkers 4 is PS4 exclusive

I gotta stop reading these threads, it can only lead to crushing disappointment.

To be serious, everyone getting excited for anything that is not a fighting game should start their disappointment early. They aren't gonna hire Dimps to work on something that's not one of their fighting games.

Shin-Ra

Someone enhance their notebooks!
15219895252_02d5aa939d_o.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Fighting games are pretty much all Capcom still makes that I'm interested in. So release the fighters, Ono!

Just don't be a port of Ultra SFIV.

Why are people so against an USF4 port? Its low risk to capcom, its low risk to Sony, it pads out the PS4 fighting game roster, and it actually makes use of the hori pad for the game itself coming out for PS4.

I really enjoyed the Onimusha series, but let's be real. Capcom as it is today is simply not bringing out these older IP's like you want. Remember Breath of Fire? Remember how happy you were at the thought of a new game? And then 6 came out and that was that.
The nostalgia is really ruining everything for you.

Inuhanyou

what ever happened to dark stalkers is not dead

Darkstalkers apparently had a pulse, but then it flat-lined after Darkstalkers Resurrection bombed. Apparently the remake was riding on the success of that title to the Capcom higher ups and it failed.

These Japanese companies really are fucking stupid. Its the same with SE putting all their deciding factors on whether or not to do a fullscale FF7 remake on some garbage ass cellphone bike game.

How the fuck does that gauge interest!?

SykoTech

Why are people so against an USF4 port? Its low risk to capcom, its low risk to Sony, it pads out the PS4 fighting game roster, and it actually makes use of the hori pad for the game itself coming out for PS4.

I really enjoyed the Onimusha series, but let's be real. Capcom as it is today is simply not bringing out these older IP's like you want. Remember Breath of Fire? Remember how happy you were at the thought of a new game? And then 6 came out and that was that.
The nostalgia is really ruining everything for you.

I can only speak for myself, but I already have Ultra on PS3 and would have no interest in buying it on PS4. I'm not necessarily against it, but I would much rather this announcement be a brand new fighting game than a port of one I already have.

And I'm going to assume the second half of your post wasn't for me since I never asked for or mentioned Onimusha, Breath of Fire, or anything like that.

Inuhanyou

^ Because Ono said he would be seeing Sony at TGS, hence a reveal

I can only speak for myself, but I already have Ultra on PS3 and would have no interest in buying it on PS4. I'm not necessarily against it, but I would much rather this announcement be a brand new fighting game than a port of one I already have.

And I'm going to assume the second half of your post wasn't for me since I never asked for or mentioned Onimusha, Breath of Fire, or anything like that.

It expanded out from you onto a lot of the people in this thread in general. But yeah, i don't think Capcom would invest much into an exclusive with Sony unless it was low risk like a F2P procedurally generated game like Deep Down or a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom