• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan lines up for Smash Bros 3DS!

Jamix012

won't happen. My bet is around the 400k range

...I. No. 1 Million FW might be seen as a bit too high but 400k? Don't be crazy. It'll be in the 600k at the very least and that would still be seen as a huge disappointment. Sammy probably has it about right, 700-800k seems reasonable.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'm glad to see lines for games in Japan.

Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon X & Y, Yokai Watch and now Smash Bros 3DS.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
0 lineup at local game store.

tfw 200,000 population instead of 17 million.

People really need to stop saying video games are dead in Japan.

They really aren't.

People say consoles are, not 'video games' (and they're mostly right~~~)

roknin

People really need to stop saying video games are dead in Japan.

They really aren't.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure the common theme is that HOME CONSOLE gaming is dead in Japan, not gaming as a whole.

This thread kinda' supports that. :p

I do hope it sees a resurgence of some sort, though.

stuminus3

It’s young men queuing with plush mushroom hats and backpacks and jutting promo poster rolls. Queuing passionately for hours, at events around the world, to see the things that marketers want them to see. To find out whether they should buy things or not. They don’t know how to dress or behave. Television cameras pan across these listless queues, and often catch the expressions of people who don’t quite know why they themselves are standing there.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Huh?

I'm pretty sure the common theme is that HOME CONSOLE gaming is dead in Japan, not gaming as a whole.

This thread kinda' supports that. :p

I do hope it sees a resurgence of some sort, though.
Yup
It just needs a resurgence. This makes me want to travel to Japan even more.

It's inspiring to see so many people wait in line.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Palutena_38c1e65342eb12a9c5e894bc3796cdf0.gif

Lining up for the Goddess of Smash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXYt6MTgL0#t=70

30 minutes after and it was gone ?

Sad

Portable gaming is the only gaming left in japan .... if you don't count stuff like pachinko as game =P

Yeah, and that makes me sad for console gaming which is on life support over there which will potentially affect other parts of the world also. This makes me wonder how Smash will perform on Wii U. I'm expecting decent sales, but I don't think it will do anything for Wii U.

Clefargle

It’s young men queuing with plush mushroom hats and backpacks and jutting promo poster rolls. Queuing passionately for hours, at events around the world, to see the things that marketers want them to see. To find out whether they should buy things or not. They don’t know how to dress or behave. Television cameras pan across these listless queues, and often catch the expressions of people who don’t quite know why they themselves are standing there.

We were just fine without dredging this up

Bullza2o

The sales forecast looks good for this game indeed!

Do Japanese stores usually not do midnight launches for software?

TI82

Banned
Weird, if they had played the demo they would have known to skip the 3ds version. Circle pad is so awkward.

Top Bottom