• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubed

Hit some scenery and did a 360 with 3 cars behind me and the AI cars avoided smashing into me, even though one struggled to keep it together after swerving to miss me.

Awesome AI from my experience.

Korezo

Who ever 6 star the Norwegion Lightweight series with the shit of a car Ariel atom 500 V8 is a god, because that car drives like shit and the shit handeling + the retarded ai is making the event impossible to 6 star for me.

ifv2fEPvikRkm.jpeg

This doesn't seem right.

Driveclub. Harder to get into than the Playboy Mansion.

Moozo

So, once my initial 2.7GB download has happened, how do I go about downloading the rest before it unlocks? Also, why are my preorder cars giving errors when I try to download?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked/answered before, but will I be able to play the game right now if I purchase the PS+ version for $50?

I know that the free version is delayed, but does that affect the discounted one as well?

Loudninja

Driveclub It's not just the numbers Steven, it's the social activity and updates between the players that is pushing the servers to their limits. This didn't happen during the beta trial or under load testing throughout development.
The issues with server performance are not related to the delay. Also, we've done a significant amount of beta and server load testing before launching the servers and they've never hit their limits before, so this is a new problem and we're doing everything we can to get passed it so that you can play online and enjoy the game.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/708027809281582

I'm sorry if this question has been asked/answered before, but will I be able to play the game right now if I purchase the PS+ version for $50?

I know that the free version is delayed, but does that affect the discounted one as well?
Yep you are good to go,you cant play online just yet though.

I'm actually sort of in the servers? Holy shit. My club loaded and I can see the challenges menu for the first time but I can't do anything since it won't stop loading.

I wish my club was actually active so I can start earning stuff.

edit: nope got kicked off again.

Field

So, once my initial 2.7GB download has happened, how do I go about downloading the rest before it unlocks? Also, why are my preorder cars giving errors when I try to download?

It should continue automatically. You can see the download status by pressing the option button in the Driveclub menu.

bombshell

It continues to download the rest automatically. Hit options on the game tile, then go to information to follow download progress. The pre-order cars are not working for anyone yet.

-Amon-

You can play the offline portion of the game. If / when you go online you can join or create a club, and rack up points for the club, but no online play.

Okay... I love the game but i just got really mad and frustrated about the fact that i STILL can't properly connect to the server.
Sometimes i get connected but i can't do shit, making it extra frustrating. I can understand that people say "fuck this!".

Unacceptable.

So the wifi crapped out on my PS4 for some reason and Driveclub kicked me out of an offline race I was doing. The fuck? Do you need an active internet connection to play this game offline?

Moozo

It continues to download the rest automatically. Hit options on the game tile, then go to information to follow download progress. The pre-order cars are not working for anyone yet.

It should continue automatically. You can see the download status by pressing the option button in the Driveclub menu.

Thanks folks. How much can I play with the initial download?

Dommel

Who ever 6 star the Norwegion Lightweight series with the shit of a car Ariel atom 500 V8 is a god, because that car drives like shit and the shit handeling + the retarded ai is making the event impossible to 6 star for me.

The fact that there's a star for a clean race in any event is ridiculous with those horrible AI drivers.

Gaz_RB

Where do you get that from?

"The issues with server performance are not related to the delay. Also, we've done a significant amount of beta and server load testing before launching the servers and they've never hit their limits before, so this is a new problem and we're doing everything we can to get passed it so that you can play online and enjoy the game."

Nope it out of context sorry thats my fault.
Ah ok, no worries.

"The issues with server performance are not related to the delay. Also, we've done a significant amount of beta and server load testing before launching the servers and they've never hit their limits before, so this is a new problem and we're doing everything we can to get passed it so that you can play online and enjoy the game."

From his post .

Sorry didn't see that part in your quote of his post.

Yeah they meant the server issues aren't related to the actual game delay (from PS4 launch to now). They weren't speaking about the PS+ version delay, which is absolutely server related.

Loudninja

From his post .
The PS Plus Edition is being held back (along with the DRIVECLUB mobile app) in order to ease the load and traffic on the servers while we work out the server performance issues we're currently facing.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/708027809281582

Sorry for the out of context quote.

B-Dex

I expect compensation for paying to beta a "finished product" that had a year delay. Coming up on 4 days with half the game, More like 2/3 of the game, still non-functional and Europe is getting the game in a matter of hours. Issues will just get worse.

And if they magically had no social interaction issues during testing and beta fire your QA team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom