• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 9

That episode was really sad :(

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 10

Oh god that was even more upsetting. A promise man to man led to that :(

Regarding the Servant this episode. Since someone else here spoiled that:

Lolwhat this is Rider? Was 100% sure that this would be Assassin considering the looks. She wasn't even riding anything (dreaming about riding Shriou though I bet) and had Assassin-ish weaponry!
You realize this is the same universe were the Archers act more like swordsmen.

Fate/Stay Night 05

4d9276618b.jpg
bf11aa63f1.jpg

Please just stop talking

You know, I think it would be easier to kill each other if you stopped talking while doing it.
And dear lord Shirou is stupid. Rin's dumb too, but Shirou is just a moron. And just when I think Rin will actually stick true to her words of fighting Shirou the next time they meet, she ends up just having tea with him after saving him from trying to fight a servant by himself one on one. What was his plan?
I'm sure he'll still tell Saber it's fine and not dangerous.
It looks pretty though!

Log Horizon 2 06

Pretty good episode, I think. They introduced so many concepts that I don't know if they can all be covered before the season ends.
The flavor text thing is interesting, how lore text on items had no effect when it was a game but now they apparently have the effects that are described.

Sword Art Online II 18

8c1930e50c.jpg

Get out of here deen you have your own MMO anime

New ED is nice.

I find it kind of odd how the only way you'd ever be able to tell GGO happened is because Shinon is there. There's no connection. The ALO arc and these two just flow into each other fine, if GGO wasn't there you would never notice.

So this arc is Asuna centered only because Kirito is too lazy to get serious in a fight, sounds about right for this show

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 39

After a week off for a marathon, Maria is back and Iona is spending some quality time with her sister and away from the romantic arcs that have been holding the show for some time now. Iona episodes have a pattern of being really enjoyable, and this one was no exception. Innocent Purification's stock footage is really, really long for a finisher, but I can forgive it because of the singing. Liked the recorded footage (Tomoyo!?) of Maria in action back in the day. She was pretty great back in her prime.

Next time: A day off... or is it?

Firemind

SAO 2 #18

The show is actually a bit dull when there are no actual lives on the line. Also, this is not like it's a new thing, but I find it funny they can sleep when connected to the nerve gear. #inception

SAO 2 #18

The show is actually a bit dull when there are no actual lives on the line. Also, this is not like it's a new thing, but I find it funny they can sleep when connected to the nerve gear. #inception
That's the problem with SAO now. There are no stakes.

"Oh no the game world might change. We must save all the npcs."

Really?

fertygo

Mushishi Zoku Shou - 16

This seem pretty pointless, its seem they made big fuse over nothing and even the resolution itself show that.

Meh, shit happens.. past 3 eps before this is all good.

dan2026

FSN 5

Its really bad when you are hoping against hope that one of those magical blasts will blow a hole straight through Shirou.

But even then tsundere Rin will probably heal his worthless arse back up again.

Jarmel

Banned
Kind of disappointed that the Fate/Stay's idea of magic is simply magic bullets. Or perhaps that's just a failing of Rin.

Nah, Rin has already showed strengthening of organic material(mainly her body). We haven't gotten into Reality Marbles yet either.

Taruranto

Regarding the Servant this episode. Since someone else here spoiled that:

Lolwhat this is Rider? Was 100% sure that this would be Assassin considering the looks. She wasn't even riding anything (dreaming about riding Shriou though I bet) and had Assassin-ish weaponry!

Curious, you say... that.

Quasar

SAO 2.18 - I know that part of arc1 is disliked by some, but I really enjoyed that part so I really quite enjoyed this episode. Nice to see we even got a glimpse of Asunas life outside games.

Log Horizon 2.06 - Pretty good. Interesting we even got a bit of the Krusty and Co thread. Didn't expect that. Wonder if they are just going to show what happened to Shiroe anytime soon.

Vanadis 6 - Continues to keep me mildly entertained enough to continue on. Maybe its purely just that I want to see/hear the characters I've read about. After all its pretty watered down as is standard for prose adaptions.

Gargantia OVA - 01

Good to see the cast again. I was reminded how much I enjoyed Gargantia and how gorgeous it looks. The flashbacks was a nice way to provide more Chamber screentime.
That said there wasn't much of a story this time, but looks like it will be more prominent in the next episode.. whenever that comes. Glad to see Rackage (best girl saving Ledo) actually getting screen time aswell
Believe in the Chamber that believes in you ;_;

Mr. RHC

Ping Pong the Animation 1

B7aFufs.png

Pretty lttp but I decided to catch up a bit. For the first episode I was expecting super over the top high speed ping pong action but I was surprised how grounded everything is from the art style to the dialogue.
Really enjoyed the chinese pros listening to the match from the distance and drawing their conclusions.

Also saw the first episode of Shonen Hollywood 1, don't know, seems to lack the special something.

sonicmj1

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anime News Network did a Haruhi Suzumiya podcast. Zac, being himself, went out of his way to watch the series in chronological order on his first run-through. You know, because he read that on the internet somewhere a long time ago.

duckroll

Yozakura Quartet ~Tsuki ni Naku~ - Episode 3 (END)

Now this is more like it. No more terrible cheap outsourcing, Ryochimo actually storyboarding and directing, everything looks like the show should, great action sequences, really well done flashbacks, really nice web-gen animation, all the things that was great about Yozakura - the weird setting, the strange mix of the norm and the supernatural, really exciting fights, and
strategically placed fanservice for the sickos!

I dunno if we're ever getting more anime for this, but they sure made up for the lackluster quality in the first two Tsuki ni Naku OADs. Welcome back Yozakura, it's been too long! :D

Busaiku

Wonder why Funimation's doing Psycho Pass 2 English episodes on Saturdays, rather than on the day the Japanese episodes go up.

Yozakura Quartet ~Tsuki ni Naku~ - Episode 3 (END)

Now this is more like it. No more terrible cheap outsourcing, Ryochimo actually storyboarding and directing, everything looks like the show should, great action sequences, really well done flashbacks, really nice web-gen animation, all the things that was great about Yozakura - the weird setting, the strange mix of the norm and the supernatural, really exciting fights, and
strategically placed fanservice for the sickos!

I dunno if we're ever getting more anime for this, but they sure made up for the lackluster quality in the first two Tsuki ni Naku OADs. Welcome back Yozakura, it's been too long! :D

Sounds excellent. Too bad I have to watch the first two OADs to watch this, but I think I can stomach them for the sake of cool web-gen action afterwards. I feel like rewatching the TV series and the first OAD series too now.

Log Horizon S2 06

Now this I love. I'm more interested in seeing how the flavor text stuff work out than anything else. Anything who has played and RPG or MMO knows how outlandish the flavor text on even rather low-level weapons can be and how insanely overpowered the flavor text is on the highest level ones. I'm also glad to see it hit on the issue of adventurers in the bodies of the opposite gender.

jbug617

Banned
One Piece Film Z

Fucking Z man.
That ending was great especially when the song kicked in right as Z was about to fight the marines by himself.
You can get teary eyed from that.

Also why did it take so long for the Marines to recognize Robin dancing on the stage. She is one of the most wanted pirates in the world.

duckroll

Sounds excellent. Too bad I have to watch the first two OADs to watch this, but I think I can stomach them for the sake of cool web-gen action afterwards. I feel like rewatching the TV series and the first OAD series too now.

The first OAD isn't too bad. It's just pretty lewd with inconsistent art. The second OAD is where they really dropped the ball on production values, maybe because the main staff were literally too busy with the end of the TV series. Overall I think it's a nice little arc with good backstory for some of the regular characters anyway, so it's not super bad. The worst part was waiting for each episode to be released!

Crocodile

From the New World 6

This is a supervillian origin story isn't it? With the return of great power comes NO responsibility LOL. Shit was already going down but even more shit looks to be going down next week.

Girls und Panzer 7

Man this show is just so engagin
MSgZL.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Soo I just watched another episode of GuPs (7) dub...uh
Why did they waste the entirety of the episode hunting for tanks, then like 15ish seconds on the actual match?
Feels like those should have been flipped.

Soulflarz

Banned
But we had that super compelling scene of underage girls in a bath together and our MC gets to stand up in front of them and give an awkward "lets kick butt" speech while being obviously embarrassed about being scene nude in front of the girls in the bath water

*Wipes tears* that really was motivational and not weird in context...
erg

Official Shokugeki no Soma staff:

Director: Yoshitomo Yonetani (GaoGaiGar, Dororon Enma-kun Meramera)
Series Composition: Shogo Yasukawa (Hyperdimension Neptunia, Terraformars)
Character Design: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Bakuman, Kiss x sis)
Music: Tatsuya Katou (Buddy Complex, Mirai Nikki)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Animation Production: J.C. Staff

SAO II 18

So I guess we're in sidequest mode now? Bah!

As stupid as the series is, there is SOME entertainment value during actual conflicts with something at stake. Don't really have the motivation to watch anymore until the next new game.

Official Shokugeki no Soma staff:

Director: Yoshitomo Yonetani (GaoGaiGar, Dororon Enma-kun Meramera)
Series Composition: Shogo Yasukawa (Hyperdimension Neptunia, Terraformars)
Character Design: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Bakuman, Kiss x sis)
Music: Tatsuya Katou (Buddy Complex, Mirai Nikki)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Animation Production: J.C. Staff

I'm sure people will be upset it's not Shaft, but this is good enough for me after that fake list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom