• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sorry. I meant to tell you that my sources have told me that microsoft is selling approximately times as ps4 right now

Sorry. I meant to tell you that my sources have told me that microsoft is selling approximately times as ps4 right now
tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

jedimike

They had 2M Bones stuffed in the channel 3 weeks ago. Why they stuffing so much? 6M sold to customers and 4M in channel? That seems insane.

Once again, retailers have to ORDER new Xbox consoles. MS doesn't randomly ship assloads of consoles to unsuspecting retailers. If the consoles weren't selling through, this large holiday order wouldn't be happening. Retailer EXPECT to sell the bundles over the holidays.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You guys never get that when Kev doesn't use punctuation is because he's being sarcastic. Shouldn't have used caps at all, Kev. Maybe they would've gotten it there.

Hindle

Banned
Once again, retailers have to ORDER new Xbox consoles. MS doesn't randomly ship assloads of consoles to unsuspecting retailers. If the consoles weren't selling through, this large holiday order wouldn't be happening. Retailer EXPECT to sell the bundles over the holidays.

Amazing how so many can't compherend this.

Rurunaki

Will start counting Titan Fall and CoD Bundles after the holidays on how many are left then..

A 500$ launch system is now selling at $329 with multiple free games included its biggest game yet in Halo MCC yet people try and act like it will be a surprise if the X1 is the better seller. They are practically begging everyone to buy it at this point. Nearly 180$ cheaper and with multiple free games then just 12 months ago.

Funny thing is, despite all that there Is still a chance it doesn't take November.

rokkerkory

A 500$ launch system is now selling at $329 with multiple free games included its biggest game yet in Halo MCC yet people try and act like it will be a surprise if the X1 is the better seller. They are practically begging everyone to buy it at this point. Nearly 180$ cheaper and with multiple free games then just 12 months ago.

Funny thing is, despite all that there Is still a chance it doesn't take November.

Competition is nice :)

I aint complaining since it saves my wallet a few $$$

Hindle

Banned
They're still not sold through though. And until they are it's disingenuous to imply they are.

Nah, to any publisher, platform holder, developer, shipped is the same as sold. Both the retailer and platform holder hold discussions as to how many units to ship etc.

jedimike

Will start counting Titan Fall and CoD Bundles after the holidays on how many are left then..

You'll know on April 18th when MS posts their quarterly report for Jan-Mar. If shipments are low then the Holiday stock didn't move as expected.

To suggest channel stuffing now is a farse as retailers are stocking for the next 5 weeks.

Hindle

Banned
It always amazes me how willfully ignorant you are. MS channel stuffed last year and they'll do it again. Then they'll sell dickall in January and February because of it.

Nah, this time the X1 won't be at a riduclious price like it was last Jan. So although there will be a drop of as it's Jan, they will still sell. It always amazes me how stupid you are btw.

I would say it accomplishes what they wanted it to. Here's a sample article. Notice the headline?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/12/7211395/xbox-one-10-million-sales

Of course they mention "shortly" in the body of the article, but the headline is what most people will take away.

Also, why do The Verge and Polygon suck so hard at making graphs and charts?

At least the article does say Microsoft shipped 10 million consoles 3 months after Sony announced 10 million sold to consumers. The title, however, doesn't really hint at shipped vs sold.

Awesome and really deserved in my opinion :) I really don't want to attack someone but Microsoft did alot for XBox One gamersin the last months like the great updates every month, great games, and I really have the feeling that Microsoft cares more about the XBox One than Sony for the Playstation 4 or Playstation Vita. But this is only my feeling and my opinion!

FuturusX

Nah, to any publisher, platform holder, developer, shipped is the same as sold. Both the retailer and platform holder hold discussions as to how many units to ship etc.

This is comedy gold.

EDIT: That's the Atari ET on 2600 school of Marketing right?

I love Xbox and want it to do well, but does Phil know while in the UK that Yusuf is talking again? When Phil says something I know its almost 100% true, Yusuf on the other hand its just a little too hard to believe

Rurunaki

You'll know on April 18th when MS posts their quarterly report for Jan-Mar. If shipments are low then the Holiday stock didn't move as expected.

To suggest channel stuffing now is a farse as retailers are stocking for the next 5 weeks.

Weird seeing as they don't seem to be stocking up at my local Bestbuy :/

Rurunaki

Just basic general knowledge dude. The holidays are a huge period, all retailers plan with MS, Sony, Nintendo, and hold discussions as to how many they expect to ship.

I want MS to do well this holiday, but your general knowledge is appearing to be a far stretch.

Dragon

Banned
Nah, this time the X1 won't be at a riduclious price like it was last Jan. So although there will be a drop of as it's Jan, they will still sell. It always amazes me how stupid you are btw.

This is a temporary price cut. So yes, they will sell dickall because it will be more expensive next year.

This is far from the truth especially if a game takes to long to sell out there shipment .
Pub\retailers have to then lower the price to move stock which means less money compare to if they were sold to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom