• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my business stats final exam. Got a 71... which brought my overall average down to a 79.1 and considering I need a 80% to pass, I would be freaking out. But unless I bombed on the journal article review and class participation, I should pass the class. Grad school is nerve racking.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
You got damn right I did. And being called Bravestarr is the greatest compliment ever. It's all love. Now which one of you motorscooters wanna be Defenders of Dynatron City, Spiral Zone and goddamn Stunt Dogs....

So who is gonna do the BCT to Cartoon equivalent. I mean we did 90's actors and early 2k comics. Now we need cartoons and silver age comics comparisons....

Hahaha thanks <3

GODDAMNIT.

This rape thread on gaming side is making me want to punch small woodland creatures. My head is starting to hurt. I can't even get work done cuz of this fuckery.

I agree with Jado's post in there but that guy definitely got what he deserves. I don't know why there's always gotta be someone playing devil's advocate for someone clearly in the wrong. If you don't care for that side or share the viewpoint, why make an argument for it?

I mean, he could've easily said "I'm gonna curbstomp you" and would have been more appropriate and typical of gaming challenges. It's not worth defending.

I <3 you Ishi, I think Memebear would have been better. And I didn't really understand the tag link either. But...*shrug*

With Bravestarr all I think is strength of a bear and the fact that his best friend and police partner was also his ride to work.

D'aww <3

Jado

Banned
^I wasn't playing devil's advocate. I think the punishment fit the crime, but some folks were going above and beyond and wanting action taken appropriate for someone who is a downright malicious character with intentional and repeat offense characteristics (eg. A habit of violently threatening women with the express purpose of just that). I just think he's a dumb kid who acted like a dumb kid. And the tourney holders slapped him down for it.

Speaking of improving at Smash, is there a sort of guide/routine/whatever as far as learning how to get better at the game? I've gotta think there's a more a efficient way than just "play a bunch of games". Specific things to look for, etc.

Check out the Smash Bros gameplay threads and Smashboards for advice and non-obvious advanced tips. Honestly, playing a bunch is one way to improve to a level of competency. When I got Smash 3DS, I only played offline and got to a place where I felt as good as my Melee days -- then I went online and got destroyed by almost everyone. Just playing many different opponents helped. I can now reliably beat two-thirds of random people I play against, and not totally embarass myself against better skilled ones. I remember playing like a dozen games against a ZSS who was, skill-wise, in another league. Stuck it out and managed 1 or 2 hard-earned wins, and felt like I had improved just in that exchange of matches.

I did play against a truly frightening Toon Link. I landed a few chance hits, got two stocked and he left because I was obviously no match. If the game had chat I think he would've told me I was a waste of time. I think an opponent like that would've required getting a firm grasp on all the advanced gameplay techniques I haven't made time for.

Trey

I got bodied by a Mario and Sonic player. He wasn't out of my league or anything, but he was clearly better. Everyone else has been manageable.

RedSwirl

Ugh, Didn't get that retail job. Honestly, I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time. On the one hand I'll actually be able to, like, celebrate the holidays with family. On the other hand I'm back to being broke (and still expected to come up with Christmas presents). I was at least expecting to do this job while moving onto my next step of devoting more free time to looking for jobs actually relevant to my field and past work experience while actually being able to buy things and get healthcare for once.

They probably picked some dude who's already been working retail for four years.

Slayven

No, it is.

It's contextual, and very similar in terms
Of this argument.

The same way some black people believe it's okay to say the N just word because it they are black is VERY SIMILAR to how some people think it's okay for a girl to say RAPE just because raped is mostly associated with females.

If a male says rape it's awful, and less accepted then a female saying it because it's mostly associated with them.

Same with Some black people thinking it's okay to say the N word just because they are black.
If a white person said it, it would be an out cry.

This is not opinion, nearly fact.
None of these views are mine.

SMH

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"Why don't black people just riot?" I hate that shit.

I hate it too, but it's hard to keep saying:

"vote them out of office"
"just wait for justice"
"Keep being model citizens"
"only protest when they allow it"

etc...

When it's open season on anyone having melanin. Gerrymandering, different classes not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves, the inability to kick people out of office, etc...are also a thing to deal with.

I hate that the only thought certain people have is violence, but it's not like I don't understand it. Keep getting merked off isn't exactly shit people are trying to hear.

Slayven

I hate it too, but it's hard to keep saying:

"vote them out of office"
"just wait for justice"
"Keep being model citizens"
"only protest when they allow it"

etc...

When it's open season on anyone having melanin. Gerrymandering, different classes not giving a fuck about anyone but themselves, the inability to kick people out of office, etc...are also a thing to deal with.

I hate that the only thought certain people have is violence, but it's not like I don't understand it. Keep getting merked off isn't exactly shit people are trying to hear.
First dudes that always want to riot are never the first on the line.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
^I wasn't playing devil's advocate. I think the punishment fit the crime, but some folks were going above and beyond and wanting action taken appropriate for someone who is a downright malicious character with intentional and repeat offense characteristics (eg. A habit of violently threatening women with the express purpose of just that). I just think he's a dumb kid who acted like a dumb kid. And the tourney holders slapped him down for it.

I was talking about the poster Faith who was posting things he said he didn't agree with.

I thought your post was pretty spot on for the subject.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's amusing the two people who started Tinder were a couple until recently. According to the article, Bumble is spin off app that the girlfriend made after she took a few CEOs with her when leaving Tinder.

I'm curious if their method of contact is viable though: apparently women have to initiate contact first in order for a chat to be possible. So you can get matched to people just like Tinder but they have to start the conversation. I can see this leading to very little contact considering the huge disparity of male to female ratio in some areas. Not to mention the social conditioning of women wanting to be approached or have men make the first move.

Jado

Banned
I was talking about the poster Faith who was posting things he said he didn't agree with.

I thought your post was pretty spot on for the subject.

Oh okay, sorry, little cross-eyed today from work. Had a slight feeling that was the case but wasn't sure.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, Didn't get that retail job. Honestly, I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time. On the one hand I'll actually be able to, like, celebrate the holidays with family. On the other hand I'm back to being broke (and still expected to come up with Christmas presents). I was at least expecting to do this job while moving onto my next step of devoting more free time to looking for jobs actually relevant to my field and past work experience while actually being able to buy things and get healthcare for once.

They probably picked some dude who's already been working retail for four years.

Damn dude

what place turned you down if you don't mind me asking? I'm surprised they'd turn anyone down at this time of year

Malyse

Couple more hours til' we get to find out how much we still ain't shit in the eyes of whites/conservatives/racists etc
You want the spoiler?
We ain't shit regardless
B3PJcr0IUAAdmym.jpg

Slayven

How many posts into the "Darren Wilson will not be indicted" thread will there be someone that makes a thinly veiled racist remark? I am saying with the first 10.

Village

But at the end of OT10 we all get permed.

That was the great fuckery wars that started in BCT and shook the entierty of gaf to its core. Upset of being told to just deal with racist bullshit the members of bct started a avalanche of fuckery that soon spread to every marginalized group on gaf and their sympathizers. The website spun out of the control the moderatiors unable to mitigate the amount of fucker, there were horrible causalities. No actual casualties injuries and actual war that spread to streets and even other websites. It sparked wars on reddit, twitter,4chan, Youtube and even facebook. Youtube Celebs fighting eachother whole sections of reddit going to war mass hysteria. It was so bad that Obama put the whole internet on time out. But it was far too late the damage done, eveeryone defeated, there was no winner. There were only ruins that remained, we remember those we lost fondly in the great fuckery wars.

* presses F to pay respects*

Old Gaf thread where a dude could have gotten down with 2 chicks, but ends up jacking off in a room with a Justin Bieber poster on the wall.

That's... quite the turnaround. Link?

That was the great fuckery wars that started in BCT and shook the entierty of gaf to its core. Upset of being told to just deal with racist bullshit the members of bct started a avalanche of fuckery that soon spread to every marginalized group on gaf and their sympathizers. The website spun out of the control the moderatiors unable to mitigate the amount of fucker, there were horrible causalities. No actual casualties injuries and actual war that spread to streets and even other websites. It sparked wars on reddit, twitter,4chan, Youtube and even facebook. Youtube Celebs fighting eachother whole sections of reddit going to war mass hysteria. It was so bad that Obama put the whole internet on time out. But it was far too late the damage done, eveeryone defeated, there was no winner. There were only ruins that remained, we remember those we lost fondly in the great fuckery wars.

* presses F to pay respects*

2sREC.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Old Gaf thread where a dude could have gotten down with 2 chicks, but ends up jacking off in a room with a Justin Bieber poster on the wall.

lol, goddammit people. Sounds like a good one.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Oh okay, sorry, little cross-eyed today from work. Had a slight feeling that was the case but wasn't sure.

That's alright, take it easy. :)

What was his point?

I dunno. I didn't engage. Picking my battles more wisely from this point on. Tired of being worked up over things I can't control.

But this Ferguson stuff has me nervous. For the love of all that's good, please let us get some sort of justice for Mike Brown.

That's alright, take it easy. :)

I dunno. I didn't engage. Picking my battles more wisely from this point on. Tired of being worked up over things I can't control.

But this Ferguson stuff has me nervous. For the love of all that's good, please let us get some sort of justice for Mike Brown.

403675_10150657487068066_586524637_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom