• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

i hope most people who play LBP have also played Puppeteer, because the whole game is gorgeous and charming and long and reminds me of playing a LBP story level, but dialed up to 12.

the music is great, and the voicework is top notch too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Poppit academy was good but quite short. I stil get confused by basics like what's the difference between glueing an object to the background vs bolting it and stuff like that.

I'd love someone to make a series of tutorial levels - partly complete levels with specified challenges, a bit like an extension of the Poppit academy idea but for use in create mode.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sorry, but I'm really starting to warm to the IGN review score. I think it's a fantastic game with incredible thought and imagination but the glitches and bugs aren't just annoying, they're game breaking. It is unacceptable. I can't get past the second level in the Muppets Pack because of a game breaking bug, 70% of the time I can't join or be joined by anyone online without it crashing to the PS4 screen, Rail riding is so glitches at times that it's almost impossible to ACE any levels containing them and I have duplicates of all the prize bubbles in Ziggurat (which has forced me to return it to a backup with a lot of progress missing).

Yes, I'm annoyed, because the above is just a fraction of my experience so far.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
how are people enjoying the game i like LBP but i've heard that this game is having issues with bugs...is this true?

Although it pains me to say this, my advise would be to hold off buying the game on the PS4 until these problems have been addressed. I'm having a horrendous time with the game at the moment.

I'm deleting the game and starting again because there are so many problems I can't see them all being resolved for a long time and I'm sure I've already got some problems that are now locked into my save and will never get rectified.

J-Spot

I ran into very few bugs in the campaign apart from a weird glitch where Sackboy would randomly warp ahead a few spaces which did kill a few attempts to ace the hook hat level. I have had several game crashes mostly related to online functionality though.

Have the devs addressed whether they will be working on compatibility patches? It's great that all of the user levels are there and all, but it's kind of pointless when you constantly get stuck in layers that don't even exist in the old games. There needs to be some sort of legacy mode enabled when you access a level created in 1 or 2.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I ran into very few bugs in the campaign apart from a weird glitch where Sackboy would randomly warp ahead a few spaces which did kill a few attempts to ace the hook hat level. I have had several game crashes mostly related to online functionality though.

Have the devs addressed whether they will be working on compatibility patches? It's great that all of the user levels are there and all, but it's kind of pointless when you constantly get stuck in layers that don't even exist in the old games. There needs to be some sort of legacy mode enabled when you access a level created in 1 or 2.

I have a 'basic' material (black) that when placed down won't stop bouncing. It has no name and I can't get rid of it. I have duplicates for lots of Ziggurat prize bubbles and no matter how many times I reload and replay, they're always duplicates. It tells me I have 75% of the prize bubbles there (before I go into it) but then 50% when I check once inside. This is now part of my save so I feel the only way around this is to delete the whole game and start again.

krpiper

So I really liked the Vita LBP but wasnt a huge of LBP 2 for whatever reason.

I hear that the "floatiness" is fixed, can anyone weigh in on that?

I see that there is a lot of bugs have those been fixed? I don't plan on creating many levels just playing other peoples

Thanks!

VanWinkle

i hope most people who play LBP have also played Puppeteer, because the whole game is gorgeous and charming and long and reminds me of playing a LBP story level, but dialed up to 12.

the music is great, and the voicework is top notch too.

I love Puppeteer. I feel it was a good bit better than any of the LBP games, though it didn't have the creation aspect of course.

J-Spot

Wanted to echo the love for the popit puzzles which are a really clever and fun way to demystify the create mode. I briefly looked at the tutorial vids for LBP2 but quickly felt overwhelmed. Now I may actually attempt to build a simple level.

how are people enjoying the game i like LBP but i've heard that this game is having issues with bugs...is this true?

Absolutely full of bugs, at least on ps4. Everyone laughed at the ign score but even after the patches it's still a mess, some people can't even get past the opening cutscene and for most the popit menu either takes ages to load or crashes the game.
If that sounds great to you and you don't mind paying for the most expensive game ever released on the ps4 and also the shortest then go for it, otherwise wait for 3 weeks and get it much cheaper.

As other posters have said above, if you haven't played it i suggest buying puppeteer until lbp3 is cheaper or at least playable.

webkatt

Here is a MULTIUSE code that gives 10 costumes

PK9A-F5N3-M98R

a5SdTRe.png

Sorry, but I'm really starting to warm to the IGN review score. I think it's a fantastic game with incredible thought and imagination but the glitches and bugs aren't just annoying, they're game breaking. It is unacceptable. I can't get past the second level in the Muppets Pack because of a game breaking bug, 70% of the time I can't join or be joined by anyone online without it crashing to the PS4 screen, Rail riding is so glitches at times that it's almost impossible to ACE any levels containing them and I have duplicates of all the prize bubbles in Ziggurat (which has forced me to return it to a backup with a lot of progress missing).

Ugh. I was on the fence about this and was starting to lean towards getting it, but I think I'll hold off now after reading that. It seems like every game I've bought recently or am waiting to play is flat out broken in someway and I certainly don't need another.

Thanks for the warning, and I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ugh. I was on the fence about this and was starting to lean towards getting it, but I think I'll hold off now after reading that. It seems like every game I've bought recently or am waiting to play is flat out broken in someway and I certainly don't need another.

Thanks for the warning, and I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with it.

I've deleted it completely from my system and removed the disc. I do not want anything recognising I have it in my PS4 and downloading DLC in the background. I'm waiting for a fix before I try it a third time. Very bad showing and the worse LBP to date, which is a pity because it's the most varied and imaginative. I'm sure some people have had a 10/10 experience with the game, but I've had a 6.8/10 experience and it's not worth the risk of 'perhaps' getting the better performance. Let's hope it doesn't take SUMO as long to patch LBP as it did MM. Next time I touch it will probably be February if they ARE as slow.

The 3D Glitch Camera

R.I.P

2011-2014

It's still there and still gives the angle, but it's all a blur. At least I can stop obsessing about it now :D

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here is a MULTIUSE code that gives 10 costumes

PK9A-F5N3-M98R

You're awesome, thanks!

Also, I just spent $50 on LBP Add-on content that I won't be able to use for some time. :|

(most of it was stuff I was planning on buying anyway, or stuff I just happened to fancy. Resubscribed for another year of Plus, and I needed to spend another $50 to reach the $15 back threshold. Hopefully Tuesday's store update adds more missing add-ons to LBP3)

wouwie

Finished the game today and i don't know what to think about it, tbh.... I wrote a lengthy review but deleted it.

At this point, i feel that if the story mode would have been longer (let's say two more books), it would probably have been my favourite LBP. I can't help but wonder why it turned out to be this short though... And it's buggy and not without technical problems on PS4 (massive pop-in in some of the hub worlds).

But i liked it a lot...

tch

So the DC pack isn't in the store. How do I access the memorizer? It isn't in my popit. Also how do reset the collectibells total for a level so when I replay it on my moon it is as if I was playing the level for the first time?

Warning for anyone who buys and trades most of their games in: if you have the plushy edition, its a bit hellish to trade in. The bar code is on the big box, on the regular game box it has NOT FOR RESALE in its place and it also has NFR on the game disc.

Best Buy won't take the game as a trade in, at least the one I stopped by today. May try a different rep at another time. Haven't tried Gamestop yet. I could return the game (with plushie) and exchange it for an unopened regular copy and then return that for a full refund, but seems a bit dishonest and lot of effort.

It was really dumb of Sony to make the game version inside the plushy edition have that Not for Resale tag plastered all over it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So the DC pack isn't in the store. How do I access the memorizer? It isn't in my popit. Also how do reset the collectibells total for a level so when I replay it on my moon it is as if I was playing the level for the first time?

The memoriser comes as standard and should be there. Check to make sure you have the create mode set to 'advanced' in the settings.

This. Very dissappointed so far myself. Haven't touched it after playing around for 2 hours. Will wait till Januari to play this and I really hope it gets patched by then. Although the story levels seems fine, the rest just feel unpolished and rushed.

doofy102

Playing people's levels causes the game to crash roughly every two levels.

The game crashed after 15 minutes in create mode (I was transporting a block around a bendy rail.)

I'm starting to find it hard to trust Sony's games. LittleBigPlanet 3 on the PS4 is riddled with the kind of bugs that dissuage any kind of long-term investment. You better get those patches out and fix all major issues soon, Sumo!

BenN

Just got this game (and PS4) yesterday and have tried searching for an answer but didn't turn much of anything up, nor seen much mention of this...but the load times for levels can be really really long...is this normal with LBP3 or a sign I have a defective disc drive or something?

doofy102

Just got this game (and PS4) yesterday and have tried searching for an answer but didn't turn much of anything up, nor seen much mention of this...but the load times for levels can be really really long...is this normal with LBP3 or a sign I have a defective disc drive or something?

Well, for me, loading in LBP has never been quicker. I wouldn't call the loading "fast" by normal game standards but it's definitely, well, normal game standards.

Do people crash often when... doing anything remotely involved with published levels?

tch

The memoriser comes as standard and should be there. Check to make sure you have the create mode set to 'advanced' in the settings.

From what I've read (and I'm trying to confirm) it doesn't come standard, and that you need the DC comics dlc. I have advanced mode on and have everything else. I know what I'm looking for (I used it on Vita) its the little floppy disk icon with the bolt

Do any others who also don't have the DC level pack have the memorizer?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished the game today and i don't know what to think about it, tbh.... I wrote a lengthy review but deleted it.

At this point, i feel that if the story mode would have been longer (let's say two more books), it would probably have been my favourite LBP. I can't help but wonder why it turned out to be this short though... And it's buggy and not without technical problems on PS4 (massive pop-in in some of the hub worlds).

But i liked it a lot...

I'd have liked at least one book with the gang all together, switching between them to solve puzzles and get past sections.

Creaking

Feeling a little excited now. I transferred my biggest unfinished LBP2 project to LBP3 in a playable state, and while it ran like molasses in LBP2, it's running like buttermilk in 3. Since performance issues were the main reasons I dropped it in the first place, I might start it back up again. Surprisingly few issues, even with the lighting. I thought for sure there'd be more since there's so much being emitted in that level.

Gonna do a share capture sometime, maybe tomorrow, and show you guys here. Hopefully it'll inspire people as to what LittleBigPlanet 3 will be capable of.

Seriously though, it's something like two years worth (well, on and off...) of me learning and applying logic, building systems, etc. so I hope at least one mind is blown.

I feel like we should be sharing more pictures in this thread. Here's my Sackdude and current Pod:

Wil348

So for those of you in Europe, how is the game in terms of bugs? I'm just curious if it was delayed in Europe to fix the bugs, and if NA will receive a patch later...

So for those of you in Europe, how is the game in terms of bugs? I'm just curious if it was delayed in Europe to fix the bugs, and if NA will receive a patch later...

Wouwie is from Europe I think. ;)

I am only at the first hub world, collected two marbles there, playing with my 6yo son. Haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever yet, but I expect that's just because we're not far enough into the game.

My 2008 LBP1 published level experiments were still up and worked exactly as they did back then. Pretty crazy.

Artorias

Banned
I was really disappointed with this game. It is such a nightmare to play in couch co-op. You know that everpresent bit of lag in LBP online co-op? It truly feels that its infected couch co-op at this point. Couple that with constant bugs, falling through floors, smoke pits that decide not to kill you but you can't jump out of either, the main menu STILL saying I've collected 0% of prize bubbles...One time a level just straight up ended. Didn't run out of lives, didn't reach the end, it just popped up the menu with the option to replay or leave. Its honestly just a steaming pile of shit. I can't believe they would release it in this state.

Maybe they needed more time. Maybe it should have stayed on PS3 only. All I know is that they released this garbage and expect people to pay actual money for it, and that is fucking rude. If the developers can't make a solid experience, I don't have much faith in the tools they have given out for creators. I played a few decent levels, but I'll wait a year for them to finish patching, if they even have plans to. I traded it back to BB while they value was still high. What a waste of my time.

I know I'm focused on the campaign which really should be an afterthought, but I just can't get over how broken it is. Tons of my old hearted LBP2 levels are broken from the start of the level as well, so I just didn't feel like there was much to play since their tools are shit right now. Releasing without compatibility for AT LEAST all level packs is just icing on the shit cupcakes. The developers should be absolutely ashamed of this embarrassing game.

Creaking

I bought this a week ago....is it worth playing yet?

Well, they haven't released a patch yet, so it's up to you whether you want to risk it. I've had minimal problems, but then there are cases like the above, or GribbleGrunger's issues.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All you need to do is set the switch the "Ignore Parent Velocity" to on. Of course if it assumes something's in the way, it won't emit too so make sure you give your emitted object ample room to appear. Since I'm guessing this is for something like a bow and arrow or gun, I generally have the emitter set to "One Shot" as well.
This seems to help, it still seems to carry some momentum and spawn out of place though? Any way to minimalize this?

Here's a video of it in action. Basically I just want the spark to stay infront of the plug like how I placed it into the emitter. Without anti-gravity tweakers, the projectile spawns very far away even if I keep all of the settings the same, sometimes not at all. The alternative in my head is that I could have it connected to the rest of the assembly via a rod and just make it appear or disappear via logic, but I don't know how to do that, only to tweak opacity. (One-shot makes it worse in this case)

Also a sneak peak at what I've been working on including the crossguard Sith lightsaber lol

I was really disappointed with this game. It is such a nightmare to play in couch co-op. You know that everpresent bit of lag in LBP online co-op? It truly feels that its infected couch co-op at this point. Couple that with constant bugs, falling through floors, smoke pits that decide not to kill you but you can't jump out of either, the main menu STILL saying I've collected 0% of prize bubbles...One time a level just straight up ended. Didn't run out of lives, didn't reach the end, it just popped up the menu with the option to replay or leave. Its honestly just a steaming pile of shit. I can't believe they would release it in this state.

Maybe they needed more time. Maybe it should have stayed on PS3 only. All I know is that they released this garbage and expect people to pay actual money for it, and that is fucking rude. If the developers can't make a solid experience, I don't have much faith in the tools they have given out for creators. I played a few decent levels, but I'll wait a year for them to finish patching, if they even have plans to. I traded it back to BB while they value was still high. What a waste of my time.

I know I'm focused on the campaign which really should be an afterthought, but I just can't get over how broken it is. Tons of my old hearted LBP2 levels are broken from the start of the level as well, so I just didn't feel like there was much to play since their tools are shit right now. Releasing without compatibility for AT LEAST all level packs is just icing on the shit cupcakes. The developers should be absolutely ashamed of this embarrassing game.
Oh goodness, I didn't know the couch co-op thing was an issue too. Hope that's fixed, because I was planning on buying two more controllers to play with my best friends.

There's also some DLC I want to buy but not until these core issues are fixed.

Creaking

This seems to help, it still seems to carry some momentum and spawn out of place though? Any way to minimalize this?

Here's a video of it in action. Basically I just want the spark to stay infront of the plug like how I placed it into the emitter. Without anti-gravity tweakers, the projectile spawns very far away even if I keep all of the settings the same, sometimes not at all. The alternative in my head is that I could have it connected to the rest of the assembly via a rod and just make it appear or disappear via logic, but I don't know how to do that, only to tweak opacity. (One-shot makes it worse in this case)

Also a sneak peak at what I've been working on including the crossguard Sith lightsaber lol

Oh goodness, I didn't know the couch co-op thing was an issue too. Hope that's fixed, because I was planning on buying two more controllers to play with my best friends.

There's also some DLC I want to buy but not until these core issues are fixed.

If it means anything, my sister and her friend were playing through the game without issues in local coop, so I'm guessing that's a mileage-may-vary situation as well. It seems to me that some people have basic issues (pop-it delay, DLC being unavailable) but overall playable experiences, while others end up with a megalodon made entirely out of issues and bugs. I haven't seen much in-between.

Also, in regards to your emitter issues, have you tried disabling "reference in play mode"?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If it means anything, my sister and her friend were playing through the game without issues in local coop, so I'm guessing that's a mileage-may-vary situation as well. It seems to me that some people have basic issues (pop-it delay, DLC being unavailable) but overall playable experiences, while others end up with a megalodon made entirely out of issues and bugs. I haven't seen much in-between.

Also, in regards to your emitter issues, have you tried disabling "reference in play mode"?
What does that toggle do, exactly? Will try in the morning regardless.

And yeah, as far as issues go, they really do seem very YMMV in general or hard to deduce the causes (aside from the popit which was cool to see fans figure out). I am thankful not to have any progress-deleting glitches and stuff, and only a few game crashes, but I've had the main menu bug out (loading the last level i played instead of the adventure, store and me planets), consistently bad netcode, spending an hour doing the hamburger quest over and over to keep 8 sackboy alive, only to get to the end and fall through the map, etc.

I really hope we get fixes ASAP. Really planned to invest a lot of time (you pretty much have to put tens of hours in to make any level worth a damn, being conservative lol) and money into this game and sort of make it the new local co-op and creation game to replace Halo in my circle of friends but some of this stuff takes a toll no matter how much you like the core product. And I really REALLY like the game. Just can't reccomend it in confidence right now.

v1ncelis

How's loading times? One of the reasons I couldn't get into lbp and lbp 2 was long loading times. Maybe with PS4 HW they improved that

Creaking

What does that toggle do, exactly? Will try in the morning regardless.

It means that the emitted object changes relative to how the object that you captured changes, without having to recapture the object. It's very useful for quick tweaking, but it might mess with the distance of what you're emitting. I'm not sure yet, still haven't sunk my teeth all the way into create mode. Give it a shot and see what happens.

How's loading times? One of the reasons I couldn't get into lbp and lbp 2 was long loading times. Maybe with PS4 HW they improved that

They're all right. Not exactly stellar, but better than 1 and 2 I think.

Playing in the UK, have glitched down the back of a level and fell all the way to the bottom, was nothing down there though, had to kill myself to get back.

Top Bottom