• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: EA announcing NFS: Underground reboot at VGX (4chan rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifters

TO THE WINDOOOOOOOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ TO THE FLOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR

Day 0 if true!

Percy

Banned
Wow at the forced parity bit.

Microsoft really are a lot more desperate than I thought if that's correct.

I thought those games were kind of shit. Crappy handling, boring tracks, but snazzy visuals. The stupid customization was appropriate for the time, but today I would consider it purely stupid. The drag racing was interesting though. Had separate handling, mechanics and controls.

So I hope this is not true. Except for the drag racing.
And hell yeah Porsche Unleashed.

1. There is no VGX, this year's event is called TGA

2. The forced parity stuff looks indeed like something a 13-year-old teen would write.

3. It looks like the guy who wrote this just included that much information to make it look more legit, but imo he overdid it.

I don't believe it, looks like a fake to me.

Shredderi

I don't know if it's true and I don't really care for car games anyway but what was I thinking coming to Gaf when there is under 10 hours to the video game awards? Got so far without insider leaks and then capcom spoils themselves and now this. I'm just gonna bail out of gaf until the event starts :D

hohoXD123

Seemed mostly reasonable up until "MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too". Come on now. At least we won't have long to wait until we find out if it's true or not.

Man I still remember playing Underground 2 and loving the V8 sounds in that game. It was so throaty and meaty. There aren't many games that were able to replicate that american V8 sound

Schryver

So I've just been fired from Team ICO so I might as well leak this,

Yes we have skipped 5 year with The Last Guardian, Sony was at first contemplating to cancel the game after many hours were wasted on the PS3 version, now as a last ditch effort they gave us more time (and horrendous working hours) to work on the PS4 version.

Yes this The Last Guardian as announced, but to make it seem new we had to reboot it, make it more modern add some of the elements of Rime
If you don’t believe me, at this year PSX we will announce the remake.

Well played

Xando

TO THE WINDOOOOOOOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ TO THE FLOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR

Day 0 if true!

200.gif

You had one job.

BPoole

I would be interested in that. I loved both of the Undergrounds on PS2.

I hope they bring back the track "The Only" by Static X in tribute to Wayne Static's recent death. That game actually got me interested into Static X, and Static X got me into the Hard Rock/Metal genre as a whole.

I also forgot to add, EA is now jumping on the whole Frame rate craze and the game will run at 60 fps on all systems although the Ps4 and Xbone version are a pain in the ass to make it run well, the trailer we will show will look slightly better than the endgame, 900p on PS4 and 720p on xbone, altough the xbone version is struggling to stay at 60 and MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call, so if they say it runs at 1080p 60 fps, its damage control

This sounds bullshit. MS is pressuring them to drop PS4 to 720p? XB1 struggling to do 720p60 when it's done 1080p60 from the very beginning? Yeah, def bullshit.

desmax

It would be fantastic news if true. Undergound 1 & 2 were my favorite ones, and I miss the car customizations of those games

Derp

I would like to take this opportunity to say I think I was the only one that said Need for Speed in the "EA is announcing something" thread. I even said it will be Underground 3 (jokingly of course). I deserve a cookie or something.

Well if this ends up being true, then my dreams are coming true.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, you got me EA. I'm not a fan of racing games. I usually get bored with them pretty quickly. But I have very fond memories of the original Underground, tuning up various parts of my car, getting into drag races, timing the nitro boost perfectly, and exploring a city from the perspective of an underground racer. You have my attention.

I believed it until they started dropping hints about "Microsoft wants us to kneecap the PS4 version". That phenomenon only occurs in the imagination of fanboys, and it's just too juicy of a detail to believe.

Also, why bring out Aaron Paul? That movie flopped, horrifically. He's probably running as far as possible away from this franchise, hoping it didn't kill his entire career.

xbone version is struggling to stay at 60 and MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call
If the rest of this is true then it's probably going to be a bad day for Microsoft's PR. Hopefully Sony is already aware that MS is attempting to do this, if they even are.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Would it, Ubisoft?

I don't even know how many hours I put into the original Underground. I would definitely be interested if they rebooted it in the right way. However, I wonder if the whole underground street racing craze has passed.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sounds completely made up. You don't leak even after getting fired and leaving potential links to yourself. They can and will sue your pants off.

VSynk

Banned
/v/ rumors aren't ever really reliable, but nothing about this seems unbelievable (or really all that interesting, to be honest; it was inevitable that there would be another NFS game and this seems like it would take the series in an expected direction).

True, but you also had bloodborne.

Darker

Banned
Crosspost as the TGA awards thread moves too fast:

https://twitter.com/3FieldsEnt

Three Fields Entertainment, who are made up of ex Criterion devs, were asked to show something for TGA but declined.

In a previous tweet, they say 'both' their titles are progressing well.

New thread for new news? No Criterion-flavoured announcements then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom