• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Damn, Microsoft in beast mode. That's an amazing month. Kudos to Phil Spencer and Microsoft marketing for this monster month.

Welcome the 1 million plus that joined the Xbox One community

pastrami

Shinra-bansho's angles for the white chart:

81, 130, 149 which matches LTD for Xbox One and PS4

XBox One LTD is 5 million (3.8 + 1.2 million in November).

This means PS4 LTD is ~5.7 which matches the estimates we have (4.9 + 0.8 in November).

Also means Wii U is ~3.1 million LTD in NPD.

R3TRODYCE

FavorableLiveBarnswallow.gif

I'll join in.

Lmao damn it Doffen.

BriGuy

If the blue pie is LTD, then the Wii U has sold phenomenally better than I gave it credit for. Glad the rest of you are enjoying the thread, but I personally hate getting jerked around :/

Madness

I guess people can stop with the "XBO can't come back" because XBO just cut the lead down tremendously in NA. If they repeat the same thing in Dec. Yeesh, Sony holding an L.

Sad thing is that people still expect generations to be sprints and not marathons. So many things can change. Sony can cut PS4 price and sweep rug from under feet again etc. Too many people think it's all decided within first year of launch, when it's just never been like that.

Appears closer to 300k than 400k but it is still a great result for MS
Not really. The XBO didn't sell an exact 1.2M units that people seem to be using in calcs...

Not sure why people would use a number rounded to the nearest 100K for calc.

Cream's black chart gives a 400K difference.

Why did cboat put out the 7-10k number? Was he just being a shit? "Watch me make these fuckers squirm."?

I think CBOAT has always liked fucking with people. He always speaks in code and probably knows how easily he can be misinterpreted. And probably knew he'd stir up shit.

I'm sure he usually has good info. And I could see his 7k-10k actually corresponding to something legitimate (LTD gap after November? Ratio of sales between PS4/XB1? Total Software sales difference?).

But he knew full well how we'd all take it, which is why I've always had a hard time really getting behind his predictions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Call of Duty back down below MW2 numbers for release month.

EatMyFace

Banned
Well Sony needs to be more aggressive with retailer promotions and bundles. If not then the lead they built up will be all but one in only 2 months. Crazy.

Amir0x

Banned
What do you think Sony should do?

I mean first we have to consider Sony is a worldwide company, like MS, and they have their #1 lead solidified on that perspective. That's not changing.

But in terms of what Sony has to do strategically in the US, I think first is not to overreact. They still sold a considerable amount of units at a much higher price, so their margins at that price are going to be better. So they can stand to sell a few hundred thou less and still make comparably decent profits.

So first is wait until end of December NPD, and assess the landscape. What was your week-on-week average? Did Xbox One shows signs of real decline after the initial glow of the $349/$329BF deals wore off? Does it suggest the month-to-month sales rate will return to roughly equivalent levels as they were prior to Holidays, or will it mean XBO can actually win on a monthly off-holiday basis?

If it means the ladder, then I believe they will have a price drop to $349.99 by July 2015, which Black Friday deals including a game or two. They'll have their own bounce during that time. It's uncertain whether they will be able to return the sizable gap Microsoft took back during this year, though, in terms of the US territory.

The other thing they need to is ensure their products release in a timely fashion and without issues. I do believe the early disparity between seeing the network failures on Driveclub vs. smooth launch of Forza Horizon 2 - independent of each's actual performance - painted a sort of PS4 incompetence picture that played at least a small role in motivating people toward XBO. So, they need to be on the ball with their product releases, and ensure they come out in a polished state. Driveclub now with the updates is one of the best racing games of all time, but now few will ever acknowledge it due to its atrocious launch.

They've been botching Order marketing, but that's their first chance to really start a trend back toward PS4, since they have an insane 2015 lineup. It's going to be the games that can help PS4 regain its dominant footing, that coupled with 2015's strategic price cut. Sony can't be stingy with the price cuts this go around, they gotta be on the ball

Cheerilee

I've only known this so called "creamsuger" for a total of 5 or so minutes, but I'm already starting to hate him.

The pies, what do they mean!?

Cboat is a crazy madman.

Creamsugar is sane and knows the truth, but he has been legally prohibited from speaking. NPD is watching and waiting to arrest him. Unmarked pie charts are not speaking.

Aquamarine is the best at telling us what goes on, but she's also legally prohibited from speaking. She just recently got back from a self-ban because people were pushing her to get arrested and speak the details, even more than she already does.

I was under the impression that PS4's lead in the US was way bigger based on what people said in the latest NPD threads. But then again I am no sales aficionado like some here, so I just glance over these threads to get an overall idea. Still, I am a bit surprised.

As of October, the PS4 had a lead of roughly 1.1-1.2m in the U.S.

Xpliskin

I think it's time to get off the internet.

Insider 1 claiming stuff.

Insider 2 posting pies with vague hints, no actual data.

People follow the flow like being on a raft.

Good night.

Top Bottom