• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Wow, 360k is more gap than I personally expected, but I guess it really drive home the point I made a while back in the prediction thread.

Xbox still can win the US.
It isn't something that can just happen as a result of a few good months, but like I was saying, people were writing the X1's eulogy a bit too early.

In the long run I think X1 will catch up as a result of aggressive priceing and big shooters like Halo and Gears, as well as smaller ones like crackdown and Titanfall, and on top of that, their strong partnership with games like CoD and Evolve.

And other games of course.

I personally think that they will catch up sometime in 2016 with the gap fluctuating a lot in 2015.

At the end of the Gen though, I think LTDs will be very close.

Str1ke4

cboatflipagewku30.gif

Perfect

I've saying this for a while, that boat has sailed, the captain is not the same anymore. After the TF fiasco and ntkrnl ("play you like a fiddle"), doubt everything is still the same. Will never be able to prove it, but eh, that's just my opinion.

vin-buc

They should seriously make a $299 SKU with just the bare console.

And a White $399 SKU a 1 TB HDD with the Last of Us / InFamous bundle or Little Big Planet 3 / Knack bundle.

Leverage that first paaaaaaaaaarty.

Thats drastic for something that has been selling consistently well.

Amir0x

Banned
Someone just suggested that maybe cboat meant 710k difference in US now, and not that the gap was 7 to 10k for the month since his posts are usually garbled

heh. i don't know if that's plausible :p

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm was under the impression that they haven't sold as well as the preceding titles in their respective series.

Wait, seriously? What's the source on digital sales?

Well the bolded is really disingenuous, because your not taking into account the amount of PS3's out in the wild during infamous 1 and 2. Infamous 1 came out 2009, infamous 2 2011.

Here we are a little over a year of the consoles launch and you expect 2-3 Million sold?

Watching your post history is hilariously fanboy conjecture wrapped in current thread topics.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
CBOAT was just throwing off the scent of those on his/her trail. See you back for E3, Space Cowboy.

Bigbosssalute.jpeg.

Sad times for DA:I if PC digital didn't sell really well, tho.

Word of Mouth might be good for next-gen Mass Effect, at least.

orochi91

I've saying this for a while, that boat has sailed, the captain is not the same anymore. After the TF fiasco and ntkrnl ("play you like a fiddle"), doubt everything is still the same.

Yea, CBOAT may have been booked at that time.

They've got character assassination happening with that TF flap and today's misinformation.

A bit of a stretch. A lot of people think the XB1 still can't play used games, Kinect is watching etc. Not to mention the technical performance of nearly all games being better on PS4. Oh, and XB1 has nearly no games planned for 2015 while the PS4 is starting strong with Bloodborne.

THis post is a very interesting mix of "What people think" conspiracy theories about the Xbox vs. your hopeful optimism for the PS4. I suppose if we're letting something from a year ago cloud or expectations of both consoles, then we'd have to predict that all major 2015 PS4 games are being delayed to 2016, right?

Not that I think that'll happen at all, but, I mean, if we are to be consistent here.

Probably. All it took was Microsoft flipping the switch and they cut the lead in the US by almost half.

It also doesn't help that Sony's bone headed decision on making the 20th aniversary bundle extremely limited, and sticking with the $400 price point for Black Friday and the holidays.

This part is probably a stupid thing to put a thought on but I bet That Final Fantasy 7 remake troll at PS Experience killed a lot of hype for the PS4 for December and early 2015. Of course I'm likely wrong but I got this feeling in my gut...

They (Sony and SE, but especially SE) need to do something to amend that, and fast. I thought it disgusting the moment it happened but that could create some real bad blood and people may unfairly (or fairly, depending on your POV) hold that against Sony for a short while, and that could benefit Microsoft.

Hell, just a public "please forgive SE for being asshats...to make up for it here's such-and-such-and-such-free-games as an apology for any hurt fans" from Sony would be better than pretending it never happened.

Because the internet...the internet never forgets...yo.

That pretty interesting, though it's hard to deduce numbers from that list.

Do you think DC is close to breaking the 1 million mark?

Probably not even close to 1 million, I suspect it might be around 400k, but of course it's all anecdotal based on leaderboards so I don't want to talk numbers too much.

Still, I think Sony would probably be happy with a number like that considering it's a new IP and had such a disaster of a launch.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know this is info we'll never get but I'd love to hear how much these offers cost MS and if the install base bump will be worth it in the long run.

I'm so lost now. I checked the thread out when it was less than 10 pages. Come back and everything is different/CBOAT banned. So who leaked the numbers? Can someone quote the original post with the new differences?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No, it's Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby.
The numbers in the OP include digital sales, while NPD does not.

So his numbers include digital, because otherwise that's about 100k too high to be Smash Bros.

elelunicy

Not bad. It sold better than Origins.

Inquisition was also probably way more expensive to make. Not mentions it's a sequal, meaning it's more front-loaded/will have less legs than Origins.

Bad news for anyone who wants EA/Bioware to make another Dragon Age game.

when they seen their competitor lower their price, and offered games for free. They should had matched it, or even lowered theirs further, but instead they kept the same price. I don't think I need to repeat myself on the quality of exclusives....Didn't they learn a lesson with the PS3, with the higher price? I call that arrogance.

I dont think that is arrogance, rather smart. They sold about 850k with a weak holiday lineup at $399 and sold out of their BF bundles.

Its you guys that put way too much emphasis on one month of sales. If Sony is arrogant and have lost all momementum because of one month and 2 territories then what would call what was happening to MS in every single territory the last 10 months? And why couldn't Sony go back to being best selling again and regain momentum if it is as easy as selling the most in one, albeit major, territory?

Also would you have bought the PS4 at $349 rather than $399? If not then you should really be asking yourself why you care so much about why Sony didn't drop the price for holidays.

Takao

Banned
First month only, no Karting or handheld releases:

LittleBigPlanet - 215,000
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 353,000
LittleBigPlanet 3 - ~133,000 (~34K PS3 + ~99k PS4)

Amir0x

Banned
He knew what he was doing. He could have come in and said no that's not what i meant.

I mean cboat always posts garbled so that's the only reason I think the idea is even being entertained.

but he let it go on for so long in the topic, either way he did it himself. I don't think it's particularly plausible, I think he meant 7-10k difference.

Personally, I just think whoever cboat's sources have been lately, they've clearly taken him for a ride. His accuracy has gone off a cliff this past year, like right off a cliff. Went from being pinpoint accurate to buyer-beware :<

Someone just suggested that maybe cboat meant 710k difference in US now, and not that the gap was 7 to 10k for the month since his posts are usually garbled

heh. i don't know if that's plausible :p

Ultimately that's a really risky gamble to be making on Nov NPD. Even if that was it, the way it was posted was really not a good idea. I didn't believe it personally. I just wait for Cream to drop a pie chart.

TI82

Banned
THis post is a very interesting mix of "What people think" conspiracy theories about the Xbox vs. your hopeful optimism for the PS4. I suppose if we're letting something from a year ago cloud or expectations of both consoles, then we'd have to predict that all major 2015 PS4 games are being delayed to 2016, right?

Not that I think that'll happen at all, but, I mean, if we are to be consistent here.

Hey man, I'm just saying what I hear a lot of consumers at work saying or people I am just chatting with. We know the used game thing isn't true, I think most gamers do, but a lot of people never bothered to figure it out. Same people that think the Wii U is just another Wii expansion.

Top Bottom