• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Raist

Banned
Probably not even close to 1 million, I suspect it might be around 400k, but of course it's all anecdotal based on leaderboards so I don't want to talk numbers too much.

Still, I think Sony would probably be happy with a number like that considering it's a new IP and had such a disaster of a launch.

Nah, way more than that. It sold 80k+ over the past two weeks only in the UK for instance (bundles included).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Then what are you trying to say?
We have the Super Smash Bros numbers in the OP, which includes digital.
There's no other Wii U game that would've done close to that.

I'm trying to say that I was looking at the numbers wrong, apparently!

JNA

Banned
Well at least we got this sweet gif from the thread.

T5csOhP.gif

And definitely not because of the popcorn. :p

Road

GTAV remaster sales are crazy. 1.1 million include the PS4 bundle?

Ignore if already done, thread moves too fast.

npd-home-13usa8r.png

13 npd months:

Wii: 6.03
PS4: 5.63
XBO: 4.91
PS2: 4.42

GTAV remaster sales are crazy. 1.1 million include the PS4 bundle?

chadskin

Quantum Break is also something to look out for. It looks far more cinematic and would have more room for brute force marketing which will push it hard.

While it's my 2nd most anticipated game for next year, I think it'll a) probably be delayed to early 2016 because it's Remedy and b) probably won't sell all that well, given the disappointingly low sales of Alan Wake in the 360's fourth year.

Sony is not going drop price. It's their only thing they make that sells. Worldwide ps4 is selling well and MS can't change it. They'll settle for half of us market share.

JNA

Banned
Sony has a lead worldwide.

Why should it sacrifice profits in all regions just because of one country?

That one country is the US. Not saying US=World like some of the joke posts make it out to be but US is likely THE LAST country you want to fall behind on.

Wait, PS4 got bodied THAT bad and the overall lead is basically minimal now?

nPifp4r.gif

I think it went from a 1.1 to 1.2 million console lead in NA to a 700k to 800k lead.

a 1.0 million console lead in the grand scheme of things was never really that big to begin with for a major territory like the US.

cashman

Banned
Ugh, just read the bad news. I'll do my part and buy a couple of PS4s for friends, and maybe a few for the other rooms in my house this month.

orochi91

So which method do you all prefer?

MS: Going ham during the holidays = bulk of the year's sales

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year

That and gamers in general are BIG TIME grudge holders. They will make sure the most that the Internet never forgets about things like that.

I also hope Sony amends for it, by pretty much being like, "hey guys, sorry about SE CEO. Apparantly he forgot to take his pills again, here's all of SE published/developed games from 5 years ago and on. Enjoy!"
Lol I'm not sure if they'll get SE to give over their entire backlog for free, but we do agree that they need to do something...anything..about that troll.

Because aside from that and SFV getting spoiled PSX was actually very good. They don't need SE's b.s to hold them down.

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year.
Sony's, easily. It actually acknowledges there are twelves months to a year and not two, for starters.

And besides this year I don't think they're going to have anymore weak holidays.

1.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
2.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
3.) Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS) ~k
4.) Madden NFL 15 (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
5.) Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS) ~k
6.) Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
7.) Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS) ~k
8.) NBA 2K15 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
9.) Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
10.) Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO) >k

It'd be best not to collate leaks in an easily-presentable summary.

addik

Holy crap, I took a nap, went out to meet someone, came back for a short while and now that 7-10k difference is 400k?

Damn. Congrats MSOFT, did they basically just fill in the gap they had over the year?

--EDIT: Oh crap, for some odd reason, I thought the gap between Xbox and PS4 was 300k in the US, I forgot it's actually 1mil+

sense

Wait, PS4 got bodied THAT bad and the overall lead is basically minimal now?

nPifp4r.gif

the lead is still like 700k down from 1.1 so "minimal" isn't the best word but yes that is a sizeable chunk taken from the lead so good job MS, their crazy pricing strategy worked.

Sony is not going drop price. It's their only thing they make that sells. Worldwide ps4 is selling well and MS can't change it. They'll settle for half of us market share.

I don't think they really need to drop the price. I know that might seem stupid, but they have two AAA exclusives in Q1 and I think they stand to make a lot of money if they pack-in those titles, perhaps with Driveclub or something.

Theres always the money side of console price cuts/bundles etc, I think $400 + game for Q1 would be fine.

TomShoe

Banned

Sony: Steady rate throughout the year = possibly maintain lead for the year

Rubbing one out quickly or a long, slow, lotion-filled session? The answer is clear.

Top Bottom