• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2014 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 13

This should be great, but the number one thing I am interested in is more footage of sf 5. I hope there is more than just Ryu and Chun li shown.

Kimosabae

Banned
To honest, the format is killing a lot of my hype for this. This is a lot of money and this format is not conducive to awarding it to the best player.

I really want Daigo to win, I truly believe he is the best player there, without question. But I don't think he'll win in this format.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im hype for the SFV gameplay!
And of course hype for the cup itself.

H A U N T S B O Y S

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
CpsDt68.png

HLbwjQH.jpg

C E L E B R I T Y B O Y Z

http://i.imgur.com/CpsDt68.png[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HLbwjQH.jpg[/IMG

C E L E B R I T Y B O Y Z[/QUOTE]

4gamer has been following them around. They also have other pictures of non Japanese players.

[URL="https://twitter.com/4GamerLive"]https://twitter.com/4GamerLive[/URL]

Fucking Christ.

I just spent $15 on breakfast at Burger King that should've cost me $8 MAX.

Someone please remind me to bring groceries next time I come to SF.

Fucking Christ.

I just spent $15 on breakfast at Burger King that should've cost me $8 MAX.

Someone please remind me to bring groceries next time I come to SF.

I know that feeling!, London is terrible too. Chippies marketing a good deal as £10 for Fish and Chips...

Anyway, CC starts soon! Excited!! :D

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
First time in probably two years that I'll be watching a FGC tourney live. I usually just skim through archives because of all the downtime and delays

Anyway I'm hyped. Taking the whole day off for this

Altairre

Oh man I totally forgot that this is today. That's awesome, those first round matches looking real good. Let's go Luffy!

Marz

I want bonchan to win, don't realistically think he will though.

I think he'll beat Fuudo first round but if he has to eventually run into Daigo or Louffy he's screwed.

Thinking imma play it safe and predict Infiltration or Daigo to take it all.

Gojeran

Stuck at work today and I'll be our driving when this starts... So fucking lame this tournament is stacked and I wanted to see every match, I doubt I'll see any of them :(

Kyosuke ‏@SSF4_Ranking 5h
@Evans_SF donc bilan MM pre CC:
Val 5 2 Luffy
Val 3 0 Bonchan
Umehara 3 1 Val
Luffy 3 2 Bonchan
Umehara 3 1 Luffy
Nishikin 3 0 Val

Luffy losing to Daigo in a MM might not mean much, but it reflects well on Daigo in his prospects.

I still think top 3 is going to be Infiltration, Daigo and Louffy.

BadWolf

Luffy losing to Daigo in a MM might not mean much, but it reflects well on Daigo in his prospects.

I still think top 3 is going to be Infiltration, Daigo and Louffy.

Yeah those results mean pretty much nothing, no way any of those guys were playing serious.

vulva

momochi not hanging with his countrymen and chilling with the EG crew instead.

They're probably all feeding their energy to him since they know they don't have a chance.

petghost

Banned
To honest, the format is killing a lot of my hype for this. This is a lot of money and this format is not conducive to awarding it to the best player.

I really want Daigo to win, I truly believe he is the best player there, without question. But I don't think he'll win in this format.

yeah i kinda agree. we'll see though.

Kimosabae

Banned
When I used to compete, I was too stubborn to sandbag in money matches. It did bite me in the ass a handful of times, though. My thinking was always: "I want you to make the proper adaptations because I'm going to be strong enough to beat you in tournament anyway.".

I realized looking back that it's a great attitude to have in the biggest picture sense, but isn't a very good tournament strategy. Especially when the competition is close and it's a game like SF4, and the format is 2/3.

Old man story time. You can skip it if you hate Smash:

I remember, many years back, losing in a Melee grand finals match, in a tournament that was supposed to be a layup for me. I MM'd a Sheik 3x for $20 and only one of the matches were close. I was in Winner's comfortably. He counter picked me with Peach. I knew the matchup, but struggled with it at the time, and much of the anti-Peach techs/strats that exist today hadn't been developed at that time (Ken also struggled at this matchup vs Wife, and we had a long conversation about what to do at an MLG once). It was considered a bad matchup for Marth. Went down to the last match, last game, but he won the tournament. Won his money back and then some (pot was almost $400, which was a lot back then).

I was FURIOUS. So mad, in fact, I tossed what was probably my best GC controller ever into a nearby lake and quit the game for a few months. It was actually a turning point in my life, because looking back at how much I identified with that game is what made me decide to enroll in college, and focus on my health and fitness goals. I felt embarrassed that I was that invested in the game.

So, yeah, not sandbagging in a MM changed my life. Don't do drugs.

Tik-Tok

Does Gianna Michaels really strip at that club next door? The world lost a great when she retired. Da thickness and enthusiasm is unrivaled

Then he's not the best player there. Stop making excuses

Top Bottom